Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 Colts Schedule Predictions

MarylandTerrapin

With the over/under having us at 9.5 wins, I copied and pasted this from my post in December.  Many times it is not just who you play, but when you play them.  This schedule should allow us to get off to a strong start and then get 3 of the final 4 at home against the division.  With a possible 5-1 start in our sights, I'll take the over. 

9/8 @ Jax 1pm (CBS)

9/15 MIA 1pm (CBS)

9/22 OAK 1pm (CBS)

9/29 @ Hou 8:20pm (NBC)

10/6 DEN 1pm (CBS)

10/13 @ Ten 1pm (CBS)

10/20 @ Pit 4:25pm (CBS)

10/27 ATL 1pm (FOX)

11/4 @ San Diego 8:20pm (ESPN)

11/10 BYE WEEK

11/17 @ NO 8:20pm (NBC)

11/24 CAR 1pm (FOX)

12/1  @ Tampa Bay 1pm (CBS)

12/5  TEN 8:20pm (NFLN/FOX)

12/15 HOU 1pm (CBS)

12/22 @ KC 4:25pm (CBS) 

12/29 JAX 1pm (CBS)

21 minutes ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

With the over/under having us at 9.5 wins, I copied and pasted this from my post in December.  Many times it is not just who you play, but when you play them.  This schedule should allow us to get off to a strong start and then get 3 of the final 4 at home against the division.  With a possible 5-1 start in our sights, I'll take the over. 

9/8 @ Jax 1pm (CBS)

9/15 MIA 1pm (CBS)

9/22 OAK 1pm (CBS)

10/6 DEN 1pm (CBS)

10/13 @ Ten 1pm (CBS)

10/27 ATL 1pm (FOX)

11/10 BYE WEEK

11/24 CAR 1pm (FOX)

12/15 HOU 1pm (CBS)

12/29 JAX 1pm (CBS)

I want to see what a few of these teams (and us) do in the draft and the rest of FA before making a call.  I think we definitely have a good shot at winning the AFC South, but the AFC West opponents I think are too much of a crapshoot right now.

KC has a high-powered offense, but they let a few of their stalwarts on defense go.  Andy Reid, IMO, is too smart to have done that without having a plan or being confident that they've got younger guys who can step up.

I think Flacco has some good ball left in him and is a very good fit on that Denver team.  I think they're going to surprise some folks.

The Raiders have made some improvements and have 3 first round draft picks in 2019. I'm glad we have them early in the year, as I expect they're going to get better as the season goes on and the younger guys start to gel.  I just hope Burfict doesn't pull any cheap stuff on any of our guys, he was already a dirty player and crazy on the field -- now he's gonna be wearing a Raider uniform, which I doubt will do anything to help him settle down as a player. 

Philip Rivers is coming off one of the best years of his career and SD looked pretty good last year.

The NFC South doesn't really scare me too much outside of NO, especially because they're going to be hungry coming off that NFC Championship loss.

Subject to major change based on what we and other teams do for the rest of the off-season.... but I will say we'll be 11-5 or 12-4 and back atop the AFC South.  I think we'll go 3-1 against the NFC South, 2-2 with the AFC West, 5-1 with the AFC South, beat Miami and toss-up at Pitt.

• Like 2

Not that it means anything, but I could easily see us jump out to 5-0/4-1. Pretty good early season positioning.

Should be a fun season compared to the last few years prior to last season. We've got a little winning back in our blood...:D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

9/8 @ Jax 1pm (CBS)

9/15 MIA 1pm (CBS)

9/22 OAK 1pm (CBS)

10/6 DEN 1pm (CBS)

10/13 @ Ten 1pm (CBS)

10/27 ATL 1pm (FOX)

11/10 BYE WEEK

11/24 CAR 1pm (FOX)

12/15 HOU 1pm (CBS)

12/29 JAX 1pm (CBS)

I really hope that the KC game is wrong haha, I want it earlier in the season so that I could go

4 hours ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

9/8 @ Jax 1pm (CBS)

9/15 MIA 1pm (CBS)

9/22 OAK 1pm (CBS)

10/6 DEN 1pm (CBS)

10/13 @ Ten 1pm (CBS)

10/27 ATL 1pm (FOX)

11/10 BYE WEEK

11/24 CAR 1pm (FOX)

12/15 HOU 1pm (CBS)

12/29 JAX 1pm (CBS)

It would be like the NFL to give us three national Sunday/Monday games all AWAY.  That would suck.  Is this the schedule or just made up? If it is made up, not understanding how any predictions could be made? 

2 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

It would be like the NFL to give us three national Sunday/Monday games all AWAY.  That would suck.  Is this the schedule or just made up? If it is made up, not understanding how any predictions could be made? 

It's a made up schedule. I do not think the actual schedule comes out until mid April.

I can see 11-5 realistically as an early prediction. I see 7-1 at home and 4-4 on the road. The 4 road games we will probably lose are at KC, at SD, at NO, and at Houston. Law of averages says Houston will beat us once next season because we just beat them 2 in a row there. I think we break the Pittsburgh jinx and win there. I have 7-1 at home because we will probably lose a game we shouldn't, it happens every year and most teams do not go 8-0 at home. I can see 5-1 in the division if we win at Jacks, I see us sweeping the Titans, splitting with Houston.

11 hours ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

9/8 @ Jax 1pm (CBS)

9/15 MIA 1pm (CBS)

9/22 OAK 1pm (CBS)

10/6 DEN 1pm (CBS)

10/13 @ Ten 1pm (CBS)

10/27 ATL 1pm (FOX)

11/10 BYE WEEK

11/24 CAR 1pm (FOX)

12/15 HOU 1pm (CBS)

12/29 JAX 1pm (CBS)

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

L

L

W

W

W

W

L

W

13-3

• Like 2

On 4/2/2019 at 9:42 PM, JPFolks said:

Each year on the Colts forum, I predict the schedule for fun.  I usually try and create a schedule that is very favorable in terms of when the games are played (i.e fast starts and strong finishes).

The actual schedule release will probably occur on April 16th, 17th, or 18th.  It's the week before the draft.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

Each year on the Colts forum, I predict the schedule for fun.  I usually try and create a schedule that is very favorable in terms of when the games are played (i.e fast starts and strong finishes).

The actual schedule release will probably occur on April 16th, 17th, or 18th.  It's the week before the draft.

I would love to start out with Tennessee at home, then Oakland at home, then at Tampa. I am sick of getting off to slow starts. If we can start 3-0 we can play more loose at that point. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to start out with Tennessee at home, then Oakland at home, then at Tampa. I am sick of getting off to slow starts. If we can start 3-0 we can play more loose at that point. 

If we open at home I would rather start with the toughest team. Jump on them before they get into season shape.

If it's an away game hopefully it's a weaker team.

However it works out we have to win the tough ones.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If we open at home I would rather start with the toughest team. Jump on them before they get into season shape.

If it's an away game hopefully it's a weaker team.

However it works out we have to win the tough ones.

How big would it be if we started at KC and pulled it out :thmup:

• Like 4

On 4/2/2019 at 2:01 PM, MarylandTerrapin said:

9/8 @ Jax 1pm (CBS)

9/15 MIA 1pm (CBS)

9/22 OAK 1pm (CBS)

10/6 DEN 1pm (CBS)

10/13 @ Ten 1pm (CBS)

10/27 ATL 1pm (FOX)

11/10 BYE WEEK

11/24 CAR 1pm (FOX)

12/15 HOU 1pm (CBS)

12/29 JAX 1pm (CBS)

On 4/2/2019 at 2:01 PM, MarylandTerrapin said:

Where did you get this schedule?   It hasn’t even been released yet 

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I'll go with 1-6.      It's going to be a tough schedule to get through and I think the AFC South will be improved.

Whoops.   10-6.

Good gads! Don't let us start off like last season.

• Haha 1

Road schedule is BRUTAL. But the home schedule only has one 2018 playoff team on it. They can geniunely go 8-0. But lets see.

I'd say:

HOME:

Wins: Houston, Jags, Falcons, Panthers, Broncos, Dolphins, Raiders

Loss: Tennessee (Think they finally bag one)

ROAD:

Wins: Jags, Titans, Chargers, Steelers

Losses: Texans, Chiefs, Saints, Bucs (I have a feeling this year that Bruce and Jamies is gonna work).

So 11-5. Most years thats a 3rd seed. At least it should be a home playoff game. If they're lucky it could be a 2 seed.