Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DarkSuperman's 5 Colts Mock Draft

I like it, except for big Dex Lawrence at 26. He's a space hog, and would've been great 10-15 years ago, but with the mobility of QBs, and the way offenses are trending, he's kinda outdated. I'm not sure he fits the scheme that Flus wants to run up front either really, however a guy like Jerry Tillery that could potentially line up at 1T, 3T, and Edge would be a great pickup imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I like it, except for big Dex Lawrence at 26. He's a space hog, and would've been great 10-15 years ago, but with the mobility of QBs, and the way offenses are trending, he's kinda outdated. I'm not sure he fits the scheme that Flus wants to run up front either really, however a guy like Jerry Tillery that could potentially line up at 1T, 3T, and Edge would be a great pickup imo. 

Thank you, South! This was actually the first mock ever and it was rough. Lol. I have a new found respect for GM's and Scouts and now somewhat understand why these guys prepare so early for this.

1 hour ago, twfish said:

Man I wish we had 58 and 59... just giving you a hard time. I'm with you with no lawrence at 26 but what's the beef with Harmon at 59?

I think it's possible to get a really good slot receiver at 58, rather than an average wideout....which I'm afraid Harmon will be in the pros.

26 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I think it's possible to get a really good slot receiver at 58, rather than an average wideout....which I'm afraid Harmon will be in the pros.

He did have a relatively horrid R.A.S. bad enough that I need to rewatch all of his tape because prior to the combine he was my #2 wideout. 

23 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I like Tillary much more than Lawrence as well

But.....

I look at Lawrence at 345 lbs, and think.....no way he could play in this defense

Then I watch his game tape, and see someone that does so much more than the trash can stand. He gets penetration.  He slings people around.

Part of me think that he fits this defense, part of me doesn't (its really 50/50)

We have 3T covered well IMHO, with Lewis, Autry, and Ward

If we got Tillary, he would be in rotation at 1 tech with Hunt

I do think a speed edge rusher may still be the best option at 26.

If Tillary is gone, and one is available

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

But.....

I look at Lawrence at 345 lbs, and think.....no way he could play in this defense

Then I watch his game tape, and see someone that does so much more than the trash can stand. He gets penetration.  He slings people around.

Part of me think that he fits this defense, part of me doesn't (its really 50/50)

We desperately need a great DT that can stop the run. You people make me laugh.

3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

But.....

What if you got 15 or so pounds off that gut Lawrence carries around? You might have the best of both worlds.....a DT/NT who can penetrate as well as crush the run lanes. I like Tillery too, but would take a slimmed down Lawrence over him at this point. 

1 hour ago, Hoose said:

What if you got 15 or so pounds off that gut Lawrence carries around? You might have the best of both worlds.....a DT/NT who can penetrate as well as crush the run lanes. I like Tillery too, but would take a slimmed down Lawrence over him at this point. 

I dont know...... you may be right

He had more sacks as a freshman when he was a little lighter

The reality is.... this DL WILL rotate, maybe a 2 down player that dominates for those 2 plays is good enough for spot 26

It looks like we have met with him, so he isnt off our consideration

He wouldnt HURT our defense........

Tough choices ahead

I could see, DT, DE, OT, SS, WR, TE (Hock only), LB (if one of the Devins slides) as realistic choices at 26

A case could be made for, or against any of the choices

BPA........... would seem like the best choice....

5 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

But.....

I'd love to have an edge guy at 26, but if it comes down to taking a 2nd tier guy because there's a run on them, than I'd rather take a Pro Bowl talent  at another position. I also hope they grab Nkeal Harry with one of their 2nds, think he's gonna end up the best WR from this draft.