Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Two trade mock (CR91 Final Mock)

Im making this my final mock draft. This is what honestly I think the colts will do.

Colts trade their first third and fourth round pick to move up to pick 18

Colts trade their 34th pick to the browns for their second and third round pick

1. Brian Burns EDGE Florida State

I think the colts are all in on Burns and imo will move up to draft him. He is the perfect colt speed rusher

2. Darnell Savage S Maryland

Ballard loves the DBs in this draft and Savage has not received a lot of attention. Not the biggest safety, but has the speed and instincts to go with great coverage ability.

2. Khalen Saunders DT Western Illinois

Saunders is a small school prospect that really shined in the senior bowl. He showed great quickness at the point of attack with a big body for someone only 6 foot

3. Miles Boykins WR Notre Dame

Ballard and Reich really seem to like Funchess, but hes still on a one year deal and Boykins can do a lot of what Funchess can do.

4. Jace Sternberger TE Texas A&M

Neither Doyle or Ebron are signed after the 2019 season and we also need a chain mover for our offense

5. Daylon Mack NT Texas A&M

Another Aggie who showed up at the senior bowl and displayed great quickness and ability to shred blocks and create pressure. 

6. Jackson Barton T Utah

Great size at 6 7 310 pounds that we can develop

7. Bryon London II LB Texas State

Tackling machine, but undersized

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Very eloquently put! :D 

I actually like this draft. Nice job, @CR91 It makes sense, although... I still kind of think Ballard will not give up multiple picks to move up. 

If Ballard wants Burns like I think he does, hes going to need to.

35 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Um..... Speechless NCF?

Sorry.     My bad.

I wrote something and then thought it was kind of a **** post.    So I erased it,  and thought I didn't post anything.     By mistake I accidentally posted.....   nothing.

In a nutshell,  I simply asked.....   why do a final mock so far before the actual draft?    There are nearly four full weeks before the draft.    You enjoy doing them,  so why deny youself?     There will be more information that surfaces in the next 4 weeks.    Use that to do more mocks.

Really that's all....   

Sorry for the confusion.....

If I were gonna bet, I'd say Ballard is more likely to trade back and acquire more picks than to lose picks and move a few spots. I'm all for him going up for the right guy, but don't think Burns is it. He's a situational rusher in the NFL, and that's essentially what we've already got, and just signed Houston for. If a guy like Oliver, White, Bush, or Gary start falling, then I think it's very possible. Only for an elite talent, tho. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

If I were gonna bet, I'd say Ballard is more likely to trade back and acquire more picks than to lose picks and move a few spots. I'm all for him going up for the right guy, but don't think Burns is it. He's a situational rusher in the NFL, and that's essentially what we've already got, and just signed Houston for. If a guy like Oliver, White, Bush, or Gary start falling, then I think it's very possible. Only for an elite talent, tho. 

I agree with this it's far more likely we go for more darts for the dart board then give up darts 

• Like 3

I think we are still building through the draft... more picks rather than fewer... Free Agency is where we will add those necessary-complimentary pieces. I can see use trading back into the earlier 2nd. Adding another 3rd-5th if the player isn’t there or if many of the players are there...don’t see us moving up for an edge player with Houston, Lewis and Turay all on board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I gave up one pick basically and we moved up in the third

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

2. Khalen Saunders DT Western Illinois

Saunders is a small school prospect that really shined in the senior bowl. He showed great quickness at the point of attack with a big body for someone only 6 foot

I've been looking at the Colts taking Greg Gaines.  Sounds similar to what you wrote about Saunders.  I'll have to check him out 

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry.     My bad.

I wrote something and then thought it was kind of a **** post.    So I erased it,  and thought I didn't post anything.     By mistake I accidentally posted.....   nothing.

In a nutshell,  I simply asked.....   why do a final mock so far before the actual draft?    There are nearly four full weeks before the draft.    You enjoy doing them,  so why deny youself?     There will be more information that surfaces in the next 4 weeks.    Use that to do more mocks.

Really that's all....   

Sorry for the confusion.....

Well the only players that haven been linked to the Colts are Ray and Ajayi and rather we signed them or not, doesn't really effect this mock. What do you think of it?

2 hours ago, FalseStart said:

I think we are still building through the draft... more picks rather than fewer... Free Agency is where we will add those necessary-complimentary pieces. I can see use trading back into the earlier 2nd. Adding another 3rd-5th if the player isn’t there or if many of the players are there...don’t see us moving up for an edge player with Houston, Lewis and Turay all on board.

Ballard has already said hes not afraid to move up to get the player he wants. I like Houston, Lewis, and Turay, but Ballard has said those guys would just be used in a rotation. Burns would be our main pass rusher imo

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Ballard has already said hes not afraid to move up to get the player he wants. I like Houston, Lewis, and Turay, but Ballard has said those guys would just be used in a rotation. Burns would be our main pass rusher imo

Just common sense... 34th is basically a first round talent type pick with all the QBs...DL picks ahead of us... I’ll take two players (1st Rd talent or arguably BPA at their respective positions) in positions of  absolute need rather than one... IMO

8 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

Just common sense... 34th is basically a first round talent type pick with all the QBs...DL picks ahead of us... I’ll take two players (1st Rd talent or arguably BPA at their respective positions) in positions of  absolute need rather than one... IMO

The talent pool is actually very deep this year so the drop off isn't that extreme, also we'd move up in the third round basically.

5 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Woud much rather have S Chauncey Gardner Johnson than Savage in round 2, then with the later 2nd rounder select WR Deebo Samuel and have our 3rd be Khalen Saunders, since he is not a 2nd round guy. 

LOVE getting Burns in the 1st though. 

Savage fits more what we need. He can cover TEs and take away the deep cover 2 so Hooker doesn't have to play single high all the time. Saunders imo will not make it to our third pick and Boykins would allow us to move on from Funchess if he doesn't pan out

2 minutes ago, KB said:

I think you have a missing third round pick. We traded 34 for Cleveland's 2nd and 3rd, plus the third we also have.

We gave that pick to the vikings to move up in my mock

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

Im making this my final mock draft. This is what honestly I think the colts will do.

Colts trade their first third and fourth round pick to move up to pick 18

Colts trade their 34th pick to the browns for their second and third round pick

1. Brian Burns EDGE Florida State

I think the colts are all in on Burns and imo will move up to draft him. He is the perfect colt speed rusher

I won't comment on the entire draft I think it was good, but you know the players more than I do.  But, I must have missed something, where have the Colts stated or hinted they were "all in" on Burns?

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I won't comment on the entire draft I think it was good, but you know the players more than I do.  But, I must have missed something, where have the Colts stated or hinted they were "all in" on Burns?

They have had multiple interviews with him at the combine and his pro day along with having dinner with him. Ballard also loves his pass rushers and has said hes not afraid to trade up for a player he wants

18 minutes ago, CR91 said:

They have had multiple interviews with him at the combine and his pro day along with having dinner with him. Ballard also loves his pass rushers and has said hes not afraid to trade up for a player he wants

Misdirection is a masters craft...and you are no Jedi...yet. Ha...

34 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Thanks, I don't spend a lot of time surfing the web for Colts news, I figure if it's important it will be on this forum but I had not read the interview link.

13 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Thanks, I don't spend a lot of time surfing the web for Colts news, I figure if it's important it will be on this forum but I had not read the interview link.

I like to keep up with the latest draft news for the colts to see who they might be interested in.