Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
lollygagger8

Coach Reich wants Colts to be top top 10 in rushing

Recommended Posts

On 3/29/2019 at 12:53 PM, VaAllDay757 said:

Don't know why y'all want to add another RB the 3 we have are just fine don't fix it if it ain't broke

 

When Mack missed 4 games we lost 4 games its not all on him but to do what the Coach wants &  I agree with those who mention Ajai he could help if not him there will be someone brought in to make the next step 20'th in rushing is not gonna get the job done .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

 

I'm thinking that him saying he wants to be a Top 10 rushing attack may be an indicator that he's gonna draft either more offensive linemen or another RB...if they don't sign Ajayi. What do you think? 

IMHO, I think that the current team should improve, as they get stronger (2 were Rookies)

and they get more time together

 

I DO think that we need an OT to develop. AC is due a new contract, and he is good, but not great

 

I also think we have no depth ESPECIALLY at OT

 

Lastly....... I ALSO think that the current team

 

NEEDs a big RB

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ive been saying this for a long time.  we have not been better than 20th in rushing yards since 2008!  ftr the last two super bowl winners  were top 5 in rushing yards, 3 years ago the patriots were 7th 

 

we have the line to do it, im not convinced we have the backs though 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good running teams have lanes.  Our guys have shown they can run through lanes.  If we need a guy who gets hit at the LOS and can get a couple of yards, then we will never be a top 10 rushing offense.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2019 at 11:04 AM, MikeCurtis said:

IMHO, I think that the current team should improve, as they get stronger (2 were Rookies)

and they get more time together

 

I DO think that we need an OT to develop. AC is due a new contract, and he is good, but not great

 

I also think we have no depth ESPECIALLY at OT

 

Lastly....... I ALSO think that the current team

 

NEEDs a big RB

 

Yes need to address LT sooner than later.   I would not be against the top OT over a stretch at dline with oour 1st.    Personally I think that’s where this draft is headed for BPA and there will be an implosion on this board of Ballard does the smart thing and takes a LT 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2019 at 1:32 PM, J@son said:

 

Do you drive one of these?

 

image.png.305323fee86e19b8da63742d38339e35.png

 

 

 

I do.

I've got a 1934 International truck, a 1940 International truck, and a 1927 International truck. Tried to post pictures, but I'm not computer savvy.  Guess that makes me Old School Ground and Pound?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 9:49 AM, VaAllDay757 said:

Doesn't mean you need to get rid of it if it works with no problem why bother?

 

The point went right over your head it seems.  No matter how well things are working in a certain area, there are ALWAYS ways to improve.  And if you're not trying to constantly improve then you're doomed to lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think top-7 is easily attainable. From Week 6 thru 16 we had an average of 122.3 yds per game. If A.C. & Mack had been healthy from the start we could've averaged 128.5 which would've been #5 in Rushing

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I wouldn't read too much into these comments.   

 

First,  let's remember,  the Colts through the 2nd most passes in the NFL last year.   39.9 per game.    I'd guess Reich's only talking about dropping maybe 4 pass attempts per game.   So, 36 instead of 40.    One per quarter.

 

Second,  he'd like to be more efficient, so we have a higher average per carry.   Perhaps not for Mack,  but certainly for Hines.     

 

Add those up,  a few more carries and more per carry,  plus a more efficient offensive line for 16 games and suddenly we're moving on up.  Perhaps to the top-10 and maybe even more.

 

This is NOT going to be some seismic shift.    We're not re-inventing the wheel.    We're just trying to make a better more well run wheel.  

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2019 at 2:09 PM, aaron11 said:

ive been saying this for a long time.  we have not been better than 20th in rushing yards since 2008!  ftr the last two super bowl winners  were top 5 in rushing yards, 3 years ago the patriots were 7th 

 

we have the line to do it, im not convinced we have the backs though 

 

Top 10 in rushing shows balance, the passing game or stopping the passing game is what wins you championships, IMO. 

 

This is a cool article on pass or run for winning SBs on National Football Post:

 

https://nationalfootballpost.com/to-pass-or-run/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, J@son said:

 

The point went right over your head it seems.  No matter how well things are working in a certain area, there are ALWAYS ways to improve.  And if you're not trying to constantly improve then you're doomed to lose.

It definitely didn't go over my head my point is this we have 3 active runningbacks we're not carrying 4 on the active roster it makes no sense unless it's someone who will be the practice squad which ajayi will not be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

It definitely didn't go over my head my point is this we have 3 active runningbacks we're not carrying 4 on the active roster it makes no sense unless it's someone who will be the practice squad which ajayi will not be

We have carried 4 RB's on the 53 man frequently in fact more often than we have only carried 3.  Last season we carried McNicholos Turbin and Williams at some point as our 4th RB. Then 2 seasons ago we carried Gore Mack Ferguson and M Jones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, akcolt said:

We have carried 4 RB's on the 53 man frequently in fact more often than we have only carried 3.  Last season we carried McNicholos Turbin and Williams at some point as our 4th RB. Then 2 seasons ago we carried Gore Mack Ferguson and M Jones. 

Yeah with turbin last season he was getting dumped anyway we had 2 rookies so once they started to show some promise there was no need to keep him anyway but this season I don't see 4 runningbacks on the active roster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Yeah with turbin last season he was getting dumped anyway we had 2 rookies so once they started to show some promise there was no need to keep him anyway but this season I don't see 4 runningbacks on the active roster

We carried Williams as a 4th RB after Turbin was cut He was on the 53 man for the playoffs I think you are going to find we carry 4 more then 3 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think wilkins needs more carries rather then another RB as competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akcolt said:

We carried Williams as a 4th RB after Turbin was cut He was on the 53 man for the playoffs I think you are going to find we carry 4 more then 3 

Yeah but I believe that was to keep the 53 active we had injuries to significant players....like lewis, slauson got hurt, kelly got hurt too and we were very thin at safety at one point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...