Indianapolis Colts
pacolts56

Schianno Bolts NE Staff

It's fun to make fun of the Patriots, but...  these coaches are real people and have real life situations (outside of football) come up, just like all of the rest of us.  I believe there was something outside of football that immediately needed his attention, and they would like to keep private business private.

I just hope nothing (too) tragic and wish him the best.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

"I need to spend more time on my faith and family"

:thinking:

I smell a(nother) scandal on the horizon...

Interesting situation.  He says-

“This is not the result of any one event, but rather a realization that I need to spend more time on my faith and family. I don’t want to look back years from now and wish I had done things differently. Therefore, I am taking time away from the game to recalibrate my priorities.”

The Patriots never formally introduced him as their DC, but it had to have caught Belichick off guard as he had just been interviewed by Duke basketball coach K and BB admitted-

“We’ve added Coach Schiano to our defensive staff,” Belichick said. “He’s a very experienced and outstanding fundamental coach, good teacher, and has a lot of experience in both the college and the pro game. He coached a lot of our players. We have quite a few guys from Rutgers and I think he could be a great addition too.”

I don't know, but hope the best.

On 3/29/2019 at 8:46 AM, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

A coach saying he is going to take a job with a team and then changing his mind? I've never heard of such a thing happening before!

I know you’re talking about mcdoof but bellichick did it to the Jets too

On 3/29/2019 at 6:51 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

"I need to spend more time on my faith and family"

:thinking:

I smell a(nother) scandal on the horizon...

Yes....this has to be somewhat deflating for Belichick. :burnout::peek:

:facepalm:

• Haha 2

Sure, only family... The guy takes a coaching job, then a year later realizes, "Oh snap, I forgot about my family!" Then quits.

• Like 1

@ReMeDy, he has three kids in high school and college.  His wife is home anticipating an empty nest while he is working around the clock in Foxboro.  What could possibly go wrong?  Or, he has a college HC gig.  Who knows...

He is obviously a religious man and doesn't want to work

for a guy that promotes the sex trafficking trade.

• Haha 1

One look at the Patriots organization and he decided he must have done something to displease God, so he decided he better start spending more time on his faith.  He probably decided if he spent a year with the Patriots, he'd have to spend the rest of his life on his knees reciting Hail Mary. :)

• Haha 2

On 3/30/2019 at 4:14 PM, pacolts56 said:

Yes....this has to be somewhat deflating for Belichick. :burnout::peek:

0745f5e7f467981f756012b06a344199.jpg

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2019 at 5:05 AM, dodsworth said:

He is obviously a religious man and doesn't want to work

for a guy that promotes the sex trafficking trade.

I don’t pretend to know if Schianno is a religious man or not.   But he has a long history of being a world class jerk everywhere he’s been.   He’s been a jerk to media, to players, to opponents...   pretty much everyone.  He wasn’t acting much like a religious guy back then.   Maybe he’s found God later in life?   He wouldn’t be the first person.   I sincerely hope his problems are not with his wife and kids. 

But I’ll reserve my sympathy for Schianno until I learn more details.  I just don’t believe the man.  He’s neither trustworthy or credible. 

I heard the other day Kraft called him up to his office and told him, since he won't be traveling to Florida anymore he was going to expect a few more things as part of Schianno's "job duties".