Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown

a06cc

How many years did Peyton run the stretch play with Edge? He had to be pretty mobile just to get the ball to him.

That's the thing. I feel like after either 2007 or 2008 Peyton didn't have the moblity to run that play anymore or atleast thats what I remember hearing.

That's the thing. I feel like after either 2007 or 2008 Peyton didn't have the moblity to run that play anymore or atleast thats what I remember hearing.

I just think that they quit running it because Addai could not run the way Edge would/could on the outside.

I always thought Addai was a better open space runner but maybe I'm mistaken. Just what I recall.

No, Edge was far better at running well to the edge than Joe was. They tried to get another guy like Edge that is why we got Joe, but he didn't turn out as great as EJ.

I think if new O-coord will try to balance passing and rushing, and will put more emphasis on rushing play calls (those may help a lot in 3rd down conversions), Brown will have more space to show his talent.

right I was just saying our qbs were so bad last years teams loaded up to stop the run early and then we go so far behind early we had to give up on it it was hard for any rb to get going. I think having luck or rg3 will help free up our running backs a little.

right I was just saying our qbs were so bad last years teams loaded up to stop the run early and then we go so far behind early we had to give up on it it was hard for any rb to get going. I think having luck or rg3 will help free up our running backs a little.

And You are right. However Danny O gave a huge block, before 80 yd TD rush, he should have had more support from QB. I hope it will change.

The idea that DB's problem was Manning was to slow is laughable. DB's problem was he just was just not playing very good, ran soft, and did not have much help along the OL. We improved our OL play and DB had some more room to run this past season.

I am more worried about hearing Luck saying darn it Donald while he runs for his life because Donald blew his blocking assignment. The reason I was annoyed with JA being cut is he is the best blocker out of all three and would not get Luck killed back there.

I hope we draft or look for another RB in free agency because I do not trust DB to put all my eggs in basket even with his better play last season.

Brown is the man now, so that will translate into a different attitude/approach from him, I would guess. Being the #1 back will change things for Donald and we'll see if he responds. With a more balanced offense, there will be more emphasis on the run and more opportunities for our RBs. In the past, we'd run just to keep defenses honest and set up the play action.

I wouldn't mind seeing us pursue Michael Bush...big, strong runner.

Trust your eyes.....I lknow you saw it..

When we put a blocker in front of Brown..

Suddenly he wanst getting stomped in the backfield every other play..

I think he is the starter and the team isn't even trying to replace him at this point. Next season we will see. I can't wait to see what our RB's can do with a front office who thinks that running the ball is a top priority.

Guest Arrow218

Remember though.as much as I like Brown..

..we arent drtafing the top college passer in the nation so we can run the ball more...

Make that the top college passer since Elway.

Our run game was bad because Peyton was slow? Lol, what?

I don't see why people have so much faith in Brown. He made a lucky run on a broken play.

I have no idea what the whole," It was Peytons fault we couldnt run the ball" thing is. LOL. But, I think Brown has a chance at being a decent back.

Remember though.as much as I like Brown..

..we arent drtafing the top college passer in the nation so we can run the ball more...

True but even edge lead the league in rushing twice with Peyton at qb and we had a very long run of 1000 yard backs in a row till recently if we can run the ball we will.

well it is a iffy question because in Rashard Mendenhall had a off year last year in Arian's offense.

Rashard's successful years was in 2009 and 2010 when he had 1,108 and 1,273 yards rushing respectively.

In Arian's offense, I see Donald Brown having similar numbers if not more because Luck is a rookie QB and Arians realizes that a solid running game is essential to a young developing QB

The idea that DB's problem was Manning was to slow is laughable. DB's problem was he just was just not playing very good, ran soft, and did not have much help along the OL. We improved our OL play and DB had some more room to run this past season.

I am more worried about hearing Luck saying darn it Donald while he runs for his life because Donald blew his blocking assignment. The reason I was annoyed with JA being cut is he is the best blocker out of all three and would not get Luck killed back there.

I hope we draft or look for another RB in free agency because I do not trust DB to put all my eggs in basket even with his better play last season.

If you go back and watch some of the runs for 10-11 you will see that Manning was in fact handing the ball off every slowly. It's not a joke or anything laughable. It's the truth. After he would hand the ball off guys were getting hit in the back field. Granted it's the offensive lines fault as well.

I would hate to see us having to rely on Donald Brown to be our primary runner in 2012. He has two decent games in the past two seasons. Even average backs on other poor teams have better numbers than this first round bust. Some say it was the system and manner of play calling that held Brown back from being a featured back. I believe he just isn't that talented. Just because he was drafted by Polian in the 1st round some people think he has more talent than he actually posseses. I hope we acquire a good NFL caliber RB in the draft or through free agency. If we have to rely on Brown, our run game is destined for another worst in the league year.