Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Miller

Terry Mclaurin at #26??

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Kiper has the Colts taking Mclaurin with their first pick? What say you?

Absolutely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we want him we will probably be able to get him with the late second round pick or the third round. It would be cool to get a Indy kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At 126 I would be good with it. At 26... no, please no.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

Who? 

 

Indy kid. Writers just trying to make a story out of nothing because he poised with marv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been mentioning McLaurin for a couple of weeks, but only as high as the 3rd.  I think he ran a quick 40 time, so he's rising on the board.  I read where his biggest weakness is catch radius because of too much body-catching.  Small catch radius is not what Luck needs so I don't see him having value to the Colts before the 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Kiper has the Colts taking Mclaurin with their first pick? What say you?

 

 

No WR in round 1 (I'm with Kirwan), and this guy might, just might crack the top 100.  End of round 3 would be OK... maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

 

No WR in round 1 (I'm with Kirwan), and this guy might, just might crack the top 100.  End of round 3 would be OK... maybe.

I don’t think I will ever get tired of that clip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i’d take DK @ 26 that’s it Terry 3rd or 4th round 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he was projected early as a 3rd rounder IIRC, but got a nice bump at the combine. i don't see him going 1st round, but would not be surprised if he's mid 2nd. i'd absolutely be fine if we grabbed him at 59. if he was there at 89, i'd jump all over it.

 

took a big step forward in 2018, and had OSU's highest avg. great speed, and good vertical threat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Kiper has the Colts taking Mclaurin with their first pick? What say you?

 

I like Kiper....   but I gotta say....   when he jumps the shark,  he really, REALLY jumps the shark.

 

I mean......   Holy Cow!

 

At least he's not afraid to get laughed at on a National scale....

 

Goodness gracious.....       :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Indy kid. Writers just trying to make a story out of nothing because he poised with marv

 

That is 100% not what Kiper is doing.

 

100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As most of you know, I’m a Buckeye.  But I wouldn’t even want Paris at 26.  

 

I love Terry as a 3rd rounder.  He’s a great locker room guy, as well as being a good, fast WR.  Just not elite.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kiper May be repeating what he’s heard and thinks this guy will climb the boards.  He’s been right before but I don’t think the Colts are taking him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

As most of you know, I’m a Buckeye.  But I wouldn’t even want Paris at 26.  

 

I love Terry as a 3rd rounder.  He’s a great locker room guy, as well as being a good, fast WR.  Just not elite.  

Yup. And that's probably where he's going. Late 2 early 3 at best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a feeling  Chris B likes this guy for a minute. I can't see taking him at 26. I don't see a WR in this class I'd take that early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I've had a feeling  Chris B likes this guy for a minute. I can't see taking him at 26. I don't see a WR in this class I'd take that early. 

 

I’m with you.  I think DK is this years Cordelle Patterson.  He had that long TD vs Bama then was shut down.  He made his bones against some bad teams.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

 

I’m with you.  I think DK is this years Cordelle Patterson.  He had that long TD vs Bama then was shut down.  He made his bones against some bad teams.  

He does have that "too good to be true" vibe doesn't he?  Of course NE found a way to win a Super Bowl with CP... just shows it's ALL SYSTEM and a QB who has done it so long you can rarely surprise him let alone fool him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

 

That is 100% not what Kiper is doing.

 

100%

 

So what do you make of this lunacy of taking a 3rd round talent in the first round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I like Kiper....   but I gotta say....   when he jumps the shark,  he really, REALLY jumps the shark.

 

I mean......   Holy Cow!

 

At least he's not afraid to get laughed at on a National scale....

 

Goodness gracious.....       :facepalm:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would hate to take Terry that high. I think we spend the first two picks on defense and could get Terry at 59.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

 

I’m with you.  I think DK is this years Cordelle Patterson.  He had that long TD vs Bama then was shut down.  He made his bones against some bad teams.  

 

Cordarelle Patterson returned kicks and played some RB in college...he was supposed to be a versatile playmaker.

 

I think Metcalf could more of a Torrey Smith type. I don't think he will end up like DHB or Stephen Hill though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even really want to draft McLaurin (in lieu of other WRs)...a 1st round pick would be very disappointing. Colts would have to pass over a LOT of very good WR prospects to do that. 

 

Apparently some team told McLaurin at his Pro Day to have his phone ready on Day 1. Kiper might know something or he is just trying to connect dots. 

 

I don't know how one can watch OSU games with Parris Campbell playing...and say "na...I want that other guy." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

So what do you make of this lunacy of taking a 3rd round talent in the first round

 

I have no idea if teams view him as a 3rd round talent.  Let me clue you in - you don't either.

 

Kiper is very likely wrong.  Basically all mock drafts are wrong - including the 74 you've put out since the season ended.  But all he is doing is saying the Colts have a WR need and in his view, McLaurin fits that need regardless of where he went to high school.

 

Dakich called into the Dari & Mel show last Saturday and after talking college basketball, they talked about the Colts.  Kiper then said that Indy needs to come out of this draft with two WRs so there is some insight on his views of Indy and maybe why he think McLaurin fits here.  Nuttin to do with where he went to high school.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to Trust the Binder on that one. This would be such a "getting cute" kind of pick at #26.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jskinnz said:

 

I have no idea if teams view him as a 3rd round talent.  Let me clue you in - you don't either.

 

Kiper is very likely wrong.  Basically all mock drafts are wrong - including the 74 you've put out since the season ended.  But all he is doing is saying the Colts have a WR need and in his view, McLaurin fits that need regardless of where he went to high school.

 

Dakich called into the Dari & Mel show last Saturday and after talking college basketball, they talked about the Colts.  Kiper then said that Indy needs to come out of this draft with two WRs so there is some insight on his views of Indy and maybe why he think McLaurin fits here.  Nuttin to do with where he went to high school.  

 

This isn't the raiders. Teams know exactly where and when to draft certain players and while the mocks are 100% wrong, the projection of what rounds they will go are not that far off. And for the record, Ive done three mocks unless you're counting my 32 team mock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the player, but am very sceptical of picking him that early. I actually wouldn't go WR until round 3 at all with the depth at the position this year... McLaurin is definitely a guy I can see Ballard being interested in and wouldn't be surprised to see him drafted by the Colts, I am just hoping we aren't pulling the trigger until round 4, where he might be gone already, but there are several other receivers in that range that could be valuable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even with the Houston signing, I still think they go pass rush. Ferguson or Bush if he falls would be my guess. Maybe we get really lucky and Ferrell drops or we trade up to get him,

 

I'm hoping they trade up a few spots and nab Bush or Ferrell.. either and Leonard would be great together for years to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A WR with one decent (not great) season of a 4-year college career...as a 1st round pick is crazy. Would be worse than the Dorsett pick.

 

The McLaurin hype is getting out of hand. Seems like a great guy...but WRs don't come out of nowhere like this. It's a position where NFL production matches up with college production.

 

In a situation like this...buyer beware...especially in a class that has a dozen of starting WR prospects. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be the worst pick...maybe ever. There are 10 or so WRs I'd clearly take before him, and another 6 or 7 that would get consideration over him. Nkeal Harry killed in his pro day, and somewhat put to bed the rumors that he wasn't explosive out of his breaks. I'd  love to land Harry with the latter 2nd or 3rd rounder. Don't want any part of DK Metcalf because it would cost our pick at 26, and that's too much draft capital when a player with just as much promise could be had later in the draft. Don't buy into the hype, and who cares what the dude looks like without a shirt on? If that's all that matters, then there's some guys at my local gym we could probably get for cheap as UDFA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2019 at 8:29 PM, LockeDown said:

Kiper May be repeating what he’s heard and thinks this guy will climb the boards.  He’s been right before but I don’t think the Colts are taking him

Maybe Colts are throwing out stuff and trying to get someone to bite on another wr so we have another defender on the board at 26 lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...