Sign in to follow this  
Chloe6124

First Big Q now Luck

That is amazing!

How did that shirt stay on?! Was bursting at the seams! haha

• Haha 1

It’s nice to see Luck having fun in the off season instead of rehabbing injuries.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Good thing it wasn't an outdated cell phone battle 

Trout wouldn’t stand a chance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

so no more gaterade for the colts?

16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

so no more gaterade for the colts?

I would assume not...since Luck is endorsing it.

24 minutes ago, MTC said:

61et.gif

If we ever see Luck wearing a fur coat we will know we lost him to the dark side. 

Trout and Luck...seems like an odd pairing...but it sort of works. Both are goofy looking dudes.

Not really sure who the equivalent of Trout in the NFL would be...he's the best ever.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I guess Luck has a huge investment piece in this company.

Yeah he got involved in it like right after his rookie year.

He's not the only one, a lot of athletes have a stake in the company.  I'm guessing Mike Trout does too.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

That is amazing!

How did that shirt stay on?! Was bursting at the seams! haha

I bet they had a blast making this.

Its crazy that one of those guys signed a 400mil deal and will probably never even make the playoffs

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GusFring said:

Its crazy that one of those guys signed a 400mil deal and will probably never even make the playoffs

I cover Baseball as much as I do football. I think Trout is a great player but overrated for many reasons. He has never been on a team that has won a playoff game and he has only made the playoffs once in his 8 yr career. He has never been a huge difference maker. His lifetime batting avg is .307 = great by not eye popping, no where near like a Tony Gwynn type of hitter. In his 8 yr career he averages 30 HR's a season = good but not great. Kris Bryant has only been in the league for 4 years and already has won an MVP and a World Series and doesn't make near the money Trout makes. I just don't think Trout deserves the contract he got nor did Harper.

Now to the video, Luck is such a nerd but I love it. Funny stuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Trout and Luck...seems like an odd pairing...but it sort of works. Both are goofy looking dudes.

Not really sure who the equivalent of Trout in the NFL would be...he's the best ever.

Not as odd as you may think. Both stars of their leagues that aren't big for the spotlight. Humbled. Kinda works for that reason.

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I cover Baseball as much as I do football. I think Trout is a great player but overrated for many reasons. He has never been on a team that has won a playoff game and he has only made the playoffs once in his 8 yr career. He has never been a huge difference maker. His lifetime batting avg is .307 = great by not eye popping, no where near like a Tony Gwynn type of hitter. In his 8 yr career he averages 30 HR's a season = good but not great. Kris Bryant has only been in the league for 4 years and already has won an MVP and a World Series and doesn't make near the money Trout makes. I just don't think Trout deserves the contract he got nor did Harper.

Now to the video, Luck is such a nerd but I love it. Funny stuff.

You gotta remember WAR, that is why he gets ranked so high. It is baserunning, hitting, fielding, discipline. Why he is ranked high. Batting AVG doesn't show nearly as much, and remember some of the years he was injured for most. And use in context of todays game for homeruns, that is pretty high. And playoffs in baseball is team so much more than even football. Luck can signal handly change the level of team as we have seen. Baseball no matter who, cannot single change. If pitching staff sucks even the best hitter ever can't get that team to playoffs as he can only hit once every 9 times

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

You gotta remember WAR, that is why he gets ranked so high. It is baserunning, hitting, fielding, discipline. Why he is ranked high. Batting AVG doesn't show nearly as much, and remember some of the years he was injured for most. And use in context of todays game for homeruns, that is pretty high. And playoffs in baseball is team so much more than even football. Luck can signal handly change the level of team as we have seen. Baseball no matter who, cannot single change. If pitching staff sucks even the best hitter ever can't get that team to playoffs as he can only hit once every 9 times

Good points but the way people talk about Trout you would think he has won 2 or 3 WS by now and he is the best of all-time. I get that it is a team sport but even Luck with a bad roster won 3 playoff games in his 1st 3 years. Also Tony Gwynn was a lifetime .336 hitter for example, Trout is not the player Gwynn was. I can name at least 20 players all-time since just 1980 that are better than Trout. I know I am knocking Trout which is unfortunate because I do think he is great and a good guy but I think people tend to overrate him, JMO.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good points but the way people talk about Trout you would think he has won 2 or 3 WS by now and he is the best of all-time. I get that it is a team sport but even Luck with a bad roster won 3 playoff games in his 1st 3 years. Also Tony Gwynn was a lifetime .336 hitter for example, Trout is not the player Gwynn was. I can name at least 20 players all-time since just 1980 that are better than Trout. I know I am knocking Trout which is unfortunate because I do think he is great and a good guy but I think people tend to overrate him, JMO.

You still trying to compare luck to trout. It is harder, think about the Cubs, they had Rizzo and Castro lost a hundred games. Bryant, Javy, Lester, Etc come and they win WS. It is easier in NFL to have a great QB take you to the playoffs, MLB you need supporting cast no matter how good. Look at some of the other top players. 

And again Batting AVG is so different now compared to then. Ted Williams hit over .400 at one point. WRC, WAR, these stats adjust for era and Ballpark and are much better than batting AVG. And I mean Tony Gwynn was great but he had a lot more going for him then just AVG if he only had avg it never would be enough for Hall of Fame

10 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

You still trying to compare luck to trout. It is harder, think about the Cubs, they had Rizzo and Castro lost a hundred games. Bryant, Javy, Lester, Etc come and they win WS. It is easier in NFL to have a great QB take you to the playoffs, MLB you need supporting cast no matter how good. Look at some of the other top players. 

And again Batting AVG is so different now compared to then. Ted Williams hit over .400 at one point. WRC, WAR, these stats adjust for era and Ballpark and are much better than batting AVG. And I mean Tony Gwynn was great but he had a lot more going for him then just AVG if he only had avg it never would be enough for Hall of Fame

I get what you are saying but I still think Trout gets too much hype. See the Baseball thread and my post. Tell me he is better than any of the players I have listed. You may think so because you are younger than me, so not a knock against you. No biggy. In football it is a true team game as well and Luck can't play defense but he is still a huge difference maker. I am not a huge fan of WAR or PER or even QB rating. Those systems are flawed. 

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I get what you are saying but I still think Trout gets too much hype. See the Baseball thread and my post. Tell me he is better than any of the players I have listed. You may think so because you are younger than me, so not a knock against you. No biggy. In football it is a true team game as well and Luck can't play defense but he is still a huge difference maker. I am not a huge fan of WAR or PER or even QB rating. Those systems are flawed. 

I agree WAR is flawed, but is much better to compare generations as it evens out so that one generation is not weighted to heavily

• Like 1

Thought that was Leiv Schreiber as Sabertooth.

IMG_1002.JPG.688c62f0a21d46f81c92b548a1329414.JPG

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, shastamasta said:

I don't find them to be an odd pairing at all!

• Like 1