Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pierre Garçon Is Most Likely Gone

theking213

I think its pretty obvious hes not a #1 wide receiver hes had decent hands over the years its been more his fumbleitus that had cost us, but to be a number 1 you have to have Marvin Harrison like hands in My opinion hes a number 2 as for where he goes is anybodies guess wild guess says Houston dont they need a number 2?

So he went from a guy that dropped passes to a guy who has decent hands but fumbles? Can you cite how many fumbles Garcon had last season? For that matter, his career? He is not a #1 wr right now but he is young and time to grow into that and has time to do it. Just give me his fumble totals please.

No great loss. You all have said it, sub par hands, average speed. I like him but this is one I'm not mad to see go. He can be replaced by anyone. I hope he isnt thinking he is going to get #1 money. Pierre you need to get a reality check stay where you know you are going to get the ball our drop it. Go Colts.

Now he just has average speed too, wow, you guys are just on a role tonight. Can be replaced by anyone you say, should we give Moorehead another chance since anyone can replace this guy? Jeez people!

Broncos are the front-runners to get Pierre. Manning has not made up his mind but he better hurry. He needs to start training his teammates right away.

If garcon sucks so bad, Peyton will surely veto a move to get this bum in to drop passes at his slow average speed.

Garcon is not going to get #1 money (around 10 mil/yr). I think he gets around the 7-8 mil yr money and #2 with potential to be a number #1 type money. He dropped a whole lot less last year and has improved every year he has been in the league, he is 25 years old and from a small college. He blocks, he works hard, not a bad seed (like a T.O) and still has plenty of upside. If he doesn't stay here it won't cripple the team but it will take a way a weapon and a good guy. People who keep talking about his drops just haven't really watched his play last season and either recall what he did 2 years ago or read the threads where others who bash him recall what he did 2 years ago.

majority of his fumbles come when he does silly stuff like extending the ball up in the air for anyone to bat at, big difference, he can catch but the reason he is not a number 1 is he does silly stuff like not protect the ball AFTER he catches the ball

Garcon dont suck hes good hes got speed, but hes no number 1 and Im sure he knows it, hes probably refusing to sign (a because of all the releases and not much familiarity around him (b he sees we dont have alot of options right now and is looking to capitalize on that and see if he can worm his way into more money. Opinions?

My concern is Garcon will make a YouTube highlight vid of all his services and distribute it to the league, and the rest of the league will be like, "WOWOWOWOW! We must have this guy!" Oh wait, he doesn't need to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ACoyiKXeTs

Multiple one-handed catches, the Ed Reed strip fumble, his speed and acceleration... If that's what a #2 WR looks like, I'd love to see a #1 WR. Granted, he had Manning throwing to him, but still, he's an exciting and dynamic player.

Ahhh that vid made me so happy and then so sad.

I really like him and in our situation I really think we should consider to fix things to make him stay

We need to give Luck atleast good recievers options

ps: I keep feelling sad everytime I see Manning throwing for the Colts and imagine that he wont be here anymore

I really like him and in our situation I really think we should consider to fix things to make him stay We need to give Luck atleast good recievers options ps: I keep feelling sad everytime I see Manning throwing for the Colts and imagine that he wont be here anymore

When you are trying to position yourself to have good cap room in the next couple season the key is not to overpay on guys. That was the problem we ran into that got us in this mess in the first place. Overspending on guys who do not really deserve that type of money i.e., Gary Brackett.

You do not pay a number two WR number one WR money. Peerless Price is what Garcon reminds me of and we all know how he got paid to be the number one in ATL and then flopped.

Garcon is an explosive WR, but he is way to inconsistent to be your primary WR. Yes, he may make something out of nothing or make some crazy catch one play, but the next play when the game is on the line he drops an easy eight yard slant that hits him in the hands.

When you are trying to position yourself to have good cap room in the next couple season the key is not to overpay on guys. That was the problem we ran into that got us in this mess in the first place. Overspending on guys who do not really deserve that type of money i.e., Gary Brackett.

You do not pay a number two WR number one WR money. Peerless Price is what Garcon reminds me of and we all know how he got paid to be the number one in ATL and then flopped.

Garcon is an explosive WR, but he is way to inconsistent to be your primary WR. Yes, he may make something out of nothing or make some crazy catch one play, but the next play when the game is on the line he drops an easy eight yard slant that hits him in the hands.

I understand your point

But dont you think that its possible that the Colts are offering less money even for a number two WR?

I mean they arent real commited to reach a deal with him

majority of his fumbles come when he does silly stuff like extending the ball up in the air for anyone to bat at, big difference, he can catch but the reason he is not a number 1 is he does silly stuff like not protect the ball AFTER he catches the ball

I can recall one bad play of trying to extend the ball last season that led to a fumble, bad play and all NFL wr's have them. Please refresh my memory on other stupid fumbles he has had cause I don't recall them. Again, his drops 2 years ago are sticking in everyones head and now manifesting into he is a fumbler.

Garcon dont suck hes good hes got speed, but hes no number 1 and Im sure he knows it, hes probably refusing to sign (a because of all the releases and not much familiarity around him (b he sees we dont have alot of options right now and is looking to capitalize on that and see if he can worm his way into more money. Opinions?

He is not a #1 at this point and does not command a #1 salary. What is #1 salary paying? I believe it is around 10 mil/yr. What is the #2 WR payscale? Looking around the leauge, it appears 6-8 mil/yr is spread all over the place. Now perhaps these #2 guys were brought in to play like the #1 and have failed at that, IDK, but if you look at several contracts of WR's, as a production matching point, it appears Garcon is in line to make around 7 mil/yr. Garcon will and should search for a solid contract but he will come here if this is where he is paid regardless of whether he knows anyone or not anymore. This is the NFL and players go for contracts, not relationships so much, that is college stuff right right there.

Give him a decent salary but DO NOT break the bank. he's a familiar face and is usually healthy. But, he'll catch a couple big yarders a game but will drop 4 or so intermittent. No where near #1 money. Sorry Pierre. Earn ur number one and u'll be paid as a number one.

My concern is Garcon will make a YouTube highlight vid of all his services and distribute it to the league, and the rest of the league will be like, "WOWOWOWOW! We must have this guy!" Oh wait, he doesn't need to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ACoyiKXeTs

Multiple one-handed catches, the Ed Reed strip fumble, his speed and acceleration... If that's what a #2 WR looks like, I'd love to see a #1 WR. Granted, he had Manning throwing to him, but still, he's an exciting and dynamic player.

He does have a pretty good highlight reel...

He's even got Peyton out there blocking for him on one play..

I understand your point But dont you think that its possible that the Colts are offering less money even for a number two WR? I mean they arent real commited to reach a deal with him

No, not really considering what Steve Johnson signed for is very comparable to what they offered Garcon. Steve is probably what you would consider a low end number one that probably would be better off as a number two WR. To me the contract they offered Garcon was very fair and was probably where his market should be.

Now since this is a business I do not blame Garcon one bit for wanting to get paid. If I was a player I would be wanting to get the highest contract because we all know these teams do not give a crap about the players.

I really think the words players have put out there in twitter and such has affected their appreciation by the new regime. If you went spouting off your anger on the team being changed and you made the Colts look really bad, probably didn't set well with Grigson. Not saying this was the case with Pierre, but Mathis said from the get go that he loved the new coach. Check his new deal.

One of the primary reasons we lost Super Bowl to N'awlins (drop city). As someone else pointed out, there are 30 "Pierre Garcon-level" wide receivers in the NFL.

Do you mean his level and above? because if that is the case that would make him a #1 level reciever being that there are 32 teams.

It's official...he signed with the Redskins:

Pierre Garcon @PierreGarcon85

I wanted you all to hear it from me 1st before u saw it on the news... I will be signing with the Washington...

I will be interested to see what the contract is...

who the heck Garcon think he is..you would think he would stick with the team that gave him a shot in the first place instead of running for greener pastures when crap hits the fan..I hope he regrets this decision everyday of his life..

8 mil a year......i would have like to see him stay a colt but you can't blame a guy for signing for about 1 mil more per yr.....it sounds like some posters turn haters if a player doesn't remain a colt.....give the guy a break, he played hard made some good catches and dropped some easy ones, you can't say Manning made him because he had a good year with terrible QB's throwing to him. His career could be over with 1 good hit so its good he got what he could.