Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zierlein: Draft Positional Rankings -- First to Worst

2 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Interesting that he has safety at 7 while there's been reports that the Colts really like the safety class.

That's because the Colts aren't signing until the 26th pick. My guess is for them...and where they start drafting, it is a great class. 

I've said the same in a few threads about S. There really aren't any great or elite guys. There are however a bunch of good/solid guys with high upside (dependent on what scheme they go to). No way in hell I'd take a S in the first. There will be several good prospects still available at 59 and later. 

I agree on their take on WR as well, although I'd probably push it a spot up. Not really any lock/elite prospects, but a ton of guys with high ceilings that will do very well in the right system. I do think theirs a few tiers, and there will be a clear drop off after mid to late 2nd round. 

I know some have been down on iDL at our 26, but there could be 2 or 3 nice options at 26. Not perfect options, but plenty good for a 26. 

Hope we go iDL at 26, and WR at 34 or 59.

2 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

I've said the same in a few threads about S. There really aren't any great or elite guys. There are however a bunch of good/solid guys with high upside (dependent on what scheme they go to). No way in hell I'd take a S in the first. There will be several good prospects still available at 59 and later. 

I agree on their take on WR as well, although I'd probably push it a spot up. Not really any lock/elite prospects, but a ton of guys with high ceilings that will do very well in the right system. I do think theirs a few tiers, and there will be a clear drop off after mid to late 2nd round. 

I know some have been down on iDL at our 26, but there could be 2 or 3 nice options at 26. Not perfect options, but plenty good for a 26. 

Hope we go iDL at 26, and WR at 34 or 59.

I could live with that. 

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Which are the best stocked positions in the draft?      Which are the weakest?

Lance Zierlein tells you.    Enjoy!      :thmup:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024108/article/2019-nfl-draft-ranking-position-groups-strongest-to-weakest

Reading this tells me we will go Oline early in the draft after interior dline.   I thought S would be one of the stronger positions, but maybe not.  Could grab one in round 3 or later possibly.

TBH I would not be shocked at all if CB took an OT in the first. And I'd be fine with that.  Make the best position group on the team even stronger.  Could an OT grade out higher than interior dline by 26?   Possible

As far as WR I have read that there are not really any 1st round graded WR's