Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why not CJ Anderson?

I would love to have Jay, if he didn't have soooo much history in bad injuries in his career He is a beast when he is healthy, At such a young age to have all of the health problems, he has had, is a concern.  But on the flip side, CJ Anderson seems to be a good alterative, but my question is why does there seem to be very little interest league wise in him? Is it money? The Rams don't seem to want him, back up for them. Has anybody heard negative input as a back up running back ?

7 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I would love to have Jay, if he didn't have soooo much history in bad injuries in his career He is a beast when he is healthy, At such a young age to have all of the health problems, he has had, is a concern.  But on the flip side, CJ Anderson seems to be a good alterative, but my question is why does there seem to be very little interest league wise in him? Is it money? The Rams don't seem to want him, back up for them. Has anybody heard negative input as a back up running back ?

CJ is out of gas. Really has been the last year or so. Lots of mileage on him and honestly, at this point in their careers, assuming both are healthy, Ajayi is the better RB

• Like 1

We don’t need a RB. We have 3 capable young guys. Mack is 6’0 and 215 pounds. If he can get over that injury bug look out. We need a defense and I hope that’s the focus this draft. I’ll take some offensive help sprinkled in there particularly on the o-line again. Can always upgrade.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

But on the flip side, CJ Anderson seems to be a good alterative, but my question is why does there seem to be very little interest league wise in him? Is it money? The Rams don't seem to want him, back up for them. Has anybody heard negative input as a back up running back ?

Honestly, I don't understand neither. I saw him in Denver, he always delivered. Then he went to Carolina and didn't even get a chance although when they let him on the field, he carried the ball by 4.4ypc. Then he went to LA and rushed for 450 yards in 3 games.

And no, he is not out of gas. He's had only 800 carries in his NFL carreer. That is less than 4 years of starting snapcount. And he is only 28.

So, no clue.

• Like 3

I was really hoping for CJ last year.  For some reason, even though he was just 27, & had been productive,  Ballard didn't seem interested.  And he must have seen a lot of CJ while working for the Chiefs.   On a cheap deal, he may still be worth bringing in. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Hey guys let's don't drift from the topic,  do we currently  have a  big bruiser at running back, in short yardage or goal line situations on our roster? 

Ballard seems to like Williams pretty good. He is 6' and 223lbs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Need more than oline. Our offense  needs to put up starwars numbers. Draft a randy moss type talent at wr

Agree on the need, but not sure we need a Randy Moss type to attain those numbers. Would love to have a big fast guy, but I think any truly fast guy with good hands would take our O up several notches. Anyone to blow the top off the D opposite TY would not only give us another legit weapon, but also give a considerable boost to TY's numbers. 

Houston + a good iDL + fast #2 WR = huge impact to point differential

as far as a RB, give me Snell in the middle to late rounds

49 minutes ago, Nate! said:

A better question:

Why C.J. Anderson?

Because he can get the short yardage when needed.  

Because he is a great blocker.   I wanted him last year because of this.   

Because he would make the team better.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, krunk said:

Something about CJ that Ballard doesn't like.  He's had more than 1 opportunity  to pick him up but never shows any interest.  I don't know what it is outside of him being kind of slow.

Honestly the whole league seems to overlook him for some reason.  And I don't understand it.

He's 28 so he should have a year or 2 left in him at min.

He has never once posted a season where he got under 4 yards per carry.  

He's not a pro-bowler or anything like that but he seems to be a competent RB that would at the very least be a weapon to use in rotation.  But for 2 years now it seems like he's had a hard time finding a job.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Stephen said:

Need more than oline. Our offense  needs to put up starwars numbers. Draft a randy moss type talent at wr

Randy Moss is arguably the GOAT.  

No such thing in this draft.  In fact there isnt anyone half as good as Moss in this draft 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Randy Moss is arguably the GOAT.  

No such thing in this draft.  In fact there isnt anyone half as good as Moss in this draft 

The is a strong argument that Moss is not the GOAT but it all is opinion once you get past Jerry Rice.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

My opinion is  

1. Moss

2  Marvin 

3  Jerry   

Obviously its JMO  but I am sure there are many that would agree with me

I am not too sure about how many think Moss was better than Rice. It all depends how you measure who you think is the best.

Some think Carter was just because of his hands.

Some would say Marvin because of his perfect route running.

Did any of them have more talent than Tim Brown? No, not really.

Were any of them greater than Raymond Berry who made his catches with one eye?

Circumstances dictate on how great a player is seen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DerekDiggler said:

My opinion is  

1. Moss

2  Marvin 

3  Jerry   

Obviously its JMO  but I am sure there are many that would agree with me

Hmmmm.....in  terms of being a physical force and would dominate in any offense, I go with Moss and Calvin Johnson.  They to me r the greatest wrs ever.

I put Rice on top.

The rest depends on how much you just focus on talent and how much you let other characteristics play a part.   I tend to use the whole package.   For that reason, TO may not even crack my top 10.