Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 Gavin Mock Draft RD 1!!!!!!!

21 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Despite the opinion of some who believe that great RBs can be found foraging for dinner in 7-11 trash dumpsters and signed as UDFAs.... I totally agree with your selection. :thmup:

I agree. But I also think taking RBs in the 1st round is a bad thing. That said, if Josh Jacobs falls that far in the second, I’d be good with it for sure

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

@csmopar @chad72

In case OPC does not come to make his pick before the alloted time, the Titans should be awarded Dexter Williams. Williams was included in his list of picks for the first round that he emailed to us. 

That would be the right thing to do but if @OffensivelyPC does manage to revisit this thread, he might decide otherwise. We’ll wait till his time is up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

@csmopar @chad72

In case OPC does not come to make his pick before the alloted time, the Titans should be awarded Dexter Williams. Williams was included in his list of picks for the first round that he emailed to us. 

Umm, not to trash anyone's picks, but...

CL has him ranked no higher than a roster player w/ 5-6 round grade.  Maybe he has traits that specifically meet the Vrabel/Titans scheme.  Just curious ...

20 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Umm, not to trash anyone's picks, but...

CL has him ranked no higher than a roster player w/ 5-6 round grade.  Maybe he has traits that specifically meet the Vrabel/Titans scheme.  Just curious ...

I hear you but he sent his picks via email. Dexter Williams was his 4th option for Round 1. I wonder if he meant to write Dexter Lawrence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I hear you but he sent his picks via email. Dexter Williams was his 4th option for Round 1. I wonder if he meant to write Dexter Lawrence.

That is what I was thinking he really meant.  I do not believe there's any way anybody places Dexter Williams in round 1.  Dexter Lawrence, I can see that.

I have a feeling he's not going to like what went down because of a typo/brain fart (my gut feeling).

7 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

That is what I was thin king he really meant.  I do not believe there's any way anybody places Dexter Williams in round 1.  Dexter Lawrence, I can see that.

I have a feeling he's not going to lie what went down because of a typo/brain fart (my gut feeling).

You're probably right. I actually did not know who Dexter Williams was. If he was a backup to Jacobs, then for sure OPC did not mean Williams.

OPC has a chance to make other picks. 

12 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

That is what I was thin king he really meant.  I do not believe there's any way anybody places Dexter Williams in round 1.  Dexter Lawrence, I can see that.

I have a feeling he's not going to lie what went down because of a typo/brain fart (my gut feeling).

He may not like it.  But the rules were spelled out plain as day. It's not our jobs to second guess the list of prospects he submits and says to chose from. And we can't just sit around and wait for people to come online. Even when we had the 4 hour clock in round 1, people weren't making picks on time. So if someone sends a list of players and makes a mistake on that list, we're not going to change it.  Just like we're not going back and changing the other two picks from last night. IF those GMs miss their windows/clock times, that is not on us, and we're not going to rewind and redraft. Stuff happens, we get it, luckily this is just for play.  Besides, if we can get this draft done in time, we might be able to do a second one where people will have another chance to draft . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Although it’s a BIG IF, but IF the draft went this way and a talent like Josh Jacobs fell all the way to the middle of Round 2, I just don’t see Ballard passing him up. He’s been fishing for another RB this offseason and the Colts have visits with Josh Jacobs as well.

The RB position is a brutal position and  even the championship teams like the Patriots roster 2 quality between the tackle RBs like Michel and Burkhead while James White does the passing down work (Rams with Gurley and CJ, Saints with Ingram and Kamara). Backs like Kamara, Nick Chubb, Eddie Lacy, Le’Veon Bell have all showed good ROI on Round 2 backs lately, and a lot of them pretty quickly. A one cut runner, Josh Jacobs’ nfl.com comparison is to Sony Michel who was a big part of the Patriots SB winning run. However, outside his between the tackle prowess, Josh is better than Michel or our own Mack on the passing game front, IMO, due to which he’s highly rated.

If Ballard stuck to his BPA philosophy and chose Malik Hooker that most of us did not expect to be there, it’s very likely, with the way things played out here (although unlikely), he’d lean this way to add a playmaker to our roster.

So, with the 49th pick of the NFL Draft, The Indianapolis Colts select

Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

IMG_1004.thumb.JPG.0dee2cfe4647f73e6d7c4aa4aa189ad0.JPG

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@csmopar This mock draft is running as well as we could have imagined. We are all commenting. It is not a criticism of anyone. The rules are the rules. And I think they should stay that way; otherwise, there is chaos. We are having fun. I am enjoying it. 

:thanks:

Good good. 

36 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

With the 52nd pick of the 2019 NFL Draft, the Steelers select Charles Omenihu, DE, Texas.

@chad72 the Eagles are on the clock. 1:40 to 3:40

I’m out of town till Sunday evening, so I’ll just check in to make my pick, no time to list updates.

Woth the 53rd pick, The Philadelphia Eagles select 

Rock-Ya-Sin, CB, Temple

@PureLuck and The Houston Texans are on the clock

• Like 1

ROUND 2

1.    Arizona (3-13) .527 - @stitches - Greg Little, OT, Miss. State

2.    Cleveland (7-8-1) .516 - @CR91 from Indianapolis from New York Jets (4-12) .506 - Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

3.    Giants from Oakland (4-12) .547 - @w87r - Jonathan Abrams, S, Miss. State

4.    San Francisco (4-12) .504 - @pacolts56 - Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

5.    New York Giants (5-11) .527 - @w87r- Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia

6.    Jacksonville (5-11) .549 - @shastamasta - Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State

7.    Tampa Bay (5-11) .523 - @MPStack - Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

8.    Buffalo (6-10) .523 - @Finball - Kelvin Harmon, WR, NC State

9.    Denver (6-10) .523 - @twfish -- Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

10.    Cincinnati (6-10) .535 - @Zoltan -- Irv Smith, TE, Alabama

11.    Detroit (6-10) .504 - @Matthew Gilbert -- Nasir Adderley S/CB Delaware.

12.    Green Bay (6-9-1) .488 - @WarGhost21-- Joe Jackson, DE, Miami

13.    Atlanta (7-9) .482 - @danlhart87 -- Khalen Saunders, DT, Western Illinois 

14.    Washington (7-9) .486 - @John Hammonds -- Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio St.

15.    Carolina (7-9) .508 - @MPStack -- Eric McCoy, OL, Texas A&M

16.    Miami (7-9) .469 - @Zoltan -- Chris Lindstrom, IOL, Boston College

17.    Indianapolis from Cleveland (7-8-1) .516 - @chad72 -- Josh Jacobs, RB

18.    Minnesota (8-7-1) .504 - @NFLfan -- Taylor Rapp, S, Washington

19.    Tennessee (9-7) .520 - @OffensivelyPC -- Dexter Williams

20.    Pittsburgh (9-6-1) .504 - @Clem-Dog -- Charles Omenihu, DE, Texas

21.    Philadelphia - from Baltimore* (10-6) .496 - @chad72 -- Rock-Ya-Sin, CB, Temple

22.    Houston - from Seattle* (10-6) .484 - @PureLuck

23.    Houston* (11-5) .471 - @PureLuck

24.    New England - from Chicago* (12-4) .430 - @danlhart87

25.    New England from Vikings from Philadelphia* (9-7) .518 - @danlhart87

26.    Dallas* (10-6) .488 - @shastamasta

27.    Indianapolis* (10-6) .465 - @chad72

28.    Los Angeles Chargers* (12-4) .477 - @Jared Cisneros

29.    Kansas City* (12-4) .480 - @Jared Cisneros

30.    New Orleans* (13-3) .482 - @SaturdayAllDay

31.    Kansas City - from Los Angeles Rams* (13-3) .480 - @Jared Cisneros

32.    Vikings from New England* (11-5) .482 - @NFLfan

@ColtsBlueFL is keeping an updated list of available players here:

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

Although it’s a BIG IF, but IF the draft went this way and a talent like Josh Jacobs fell all the way to the middle of Round 2, I just don’t see Ballard passing him up. He’s been fishing for another RB this offseason and the Colts have visits with Josh Jacobs as well.

The RB position is a brutal position and  even the championship teams like the Patriots roster 2 quality between the tackle RBs like Michel and Burkhead while James White does the passing down work (Rams with Gurley and CJ, Saints with Ingram and Kamara). Backs like Kamara, Nick Chubb, Eddie Lacy, Le’Veon Bell have all showed good ROI on Round 2 backs lately, and a lot of them pretty quickly. A one cut runner, Josh Jacobs’ nfl.com comparison is to Sony Michel who was a big part of the Patriots SB winning run. However, outside his between the tackle prowess, Josh is better than Michel or our own Mack on the passing game front, IMO, due to which he’s highly rated.

If Ballard stuck to his BPA philosophy and chose Malik Hooker that most of us did not expect to be there, it’s very likely, with the way things played out here (although unlikely), he’d lean this way to add a playmaker to our roster.

So, with the 49th pick of the NFL Draft, The Indianapolis Colts select

Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

Some people will not love it and I am not a huge fan either, but IMO you are absolutely correct that if he fell to the mid-late second Ballard will not pass on him and you've put all the evidence that this might be the case - the way Ballard is acting regarding RBs, the way Reich is talking about improving the run game... Jacobs having a visit with the Colts too. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I’m out of town till Sunday evening, so I’ll just check in to make my pick, no time to list updates.

Thank you for assisting with that. I just updated the list of players taken. ColtsBlueFL said he would update the list of available players. 

Have a good weekend. Should we PM you when you're on the clock?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you for assisting with that. I just updated the list of players taken. ColtsBlueFL said he would update the list of available players. 

I’ll keep checking, don’t worry about me!!! :) 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Woth the 53rd pick, The Philadelphia Eagles select 

Rock-Ya-Sin, CB, Temple

@PureLuck and The Houston Texans are on the clock

This says you made your pick 51 minutes, which was 2:20 EST. So Pure Luck has until 4:20 for his first of two consecutive picks. He was trying to trade the 2nd. 

21 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks.  I'm trying to keep up, but doing other things too. Let me know if I've missed anyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Thanks.  I'm trying to keep up, but doing other things too. Let me know if I've missed anyone.

Thank you. I have a few things to do myself. So I will step out but I will check on my cell. The Commish is also checking.

14 minutes ago, PureLuck said:

Since there are no trade offers, with the 55th pick in the Gavin Mock Draft, the Houston Texans select Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan.

On my phone, so please tag whoever is up next, thank you ;)

@danlhart87 is up with two Patriots picks... if I read correctly.

Clock started at 3:38est

• Like 1