Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 Gavin Mock Draft RD 1!!!!!!!

@csmopar All the trades involving the Vikings are listed correctly. Thank you. 

However, I wanted to point out that in the 3rd round the Giants don't have a pick at #7. 

11 hours ago, csmopar said:

Round 3
1.    Arizona (3-13) .527
2.    Pittsburgh - from Oakland (4-12) .547
3.    San Francisco (4-12) .504
4.    New York Jets (4-12) .506
5.    Jacksonville (5-11) .549
6.    Tampa Bay (5-11) .523
7.    New York Giants (5-11) .527
8.    Denver (6-10) .523
9.    Cincinnati (6-10) .535
10.    Vikings from New England - from Detroit (6-10) .504

11 hours ago, csmopar said:

NY Giants used pick on Sam Beal in supplemental draft

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

how much longer does warghost have

About 10 minutes 

38 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@csmopar All the trades involving the Vikings are listed correctly. Thank you. 

However, I wanted to point out that in the 3rd round the Giants don't have a pick at #7. 

Thanks, I’ll fix it

• Like 1

Green Bay runs out the clock, Joe Jackson-Miami- DE.  Packers need some DL help, and to get younger along the DL. Joe Jackson being the top ranked DE left, has a mid-2nd grade on him, @danlhart87 on the clock, 54 minutes before quiet time. Remainder will start at 8 am tomorrow

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

@csmopar give him Grier. I hate to see a grown man cry. :lol:

Eh I’m hesitant to do that with the number of picks since. I’m not sure if that’d alter someone’s else plans or not. Now if everyone was onboard with it, I’d be ok with it. But it would be a 1 time deal, I don’t want to set a precedent for if people miss their clock times later on and want to change the selections.  Let me know what you all think 

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Eh I’m hesitant to do that with the number of picks since. I’m not sure if that’d alter someone’s else plans or not. Now if everyone was onboard with it, I’d be ok with it. But it would be a 1 time deal, I don’t want to set a precedent for if people miss their clock times later on and want to change the selections.  Let me know what you all think 

This is a special case of wanting a different player at the same position, and it being QB. I don't mind giving him a swap at QB, I'm guessing that wouldn't of affected anyone's plans earlier if Jones was on the board. Let him have his choice at QB IMO.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I think you make a good point.

But if everyone else is ok with it, I'm fine with it, too.

With the 46th pick in the 2019 Gavin Mock Draft, the Washington Redskins select:

Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio St

The Redskins were decimated by injuries last year, finishing the season leading the league in players on injured reserve.  They started 6-3, and then lost both Alex Smith and Colt McCoy to broken legs in the space of 15 days.  Smith will never play again.  In the meantime, the defense has played relatively well.  They're hoping that Darrius Guise and Adrian Peterson come back strong.  But WR Josh Doctson has failed to live up to his first round status.  Adding both DK Metcalf and Parris Campbell will make their passing attack immediately effective and exciting.  Case Keenum is not the answer at QB.  But he's a 1 year stopgap, while the Redskins eye Justin Herbert (Oregon) and Tua Tagovailoa (Alabama) in the 2020 draft.

@MPStack is on the clock as of 9:38 pm

• Like 3

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

It's up too you, it's not the end of the world and I'm not going to cry about it. I missed the part of being a 2 hour selection I thought it was still a 4 hour thing, then I would have been good on time lol. I appreciate you doing this by the way

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Green Bay runs out the clock, Joe Jackson-Miami- DE.  Packers need some DL help, and to get younger along the DL. Joe Jackson being the top ranked DE left, has a mid-2nd grade on him, @danlhart87 on the clock, 54 minutes before quiet time. Remainder will start at 8 am tomorrow

Sorry about that. Forgot the times were moved back! Good pick though, probably would have gone somewhere else after Packers got Preston and Zadarius but I’ll take another young edge guy! 

If its alright with everyone, since he hasn’t been taken yet, could I switch the pick to Mack Wilson? He’s who I was targetting, never thought I wouldn’t make it. If not it’s fine

7 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

Sorry about that. Forgot the times were moved back! Good pick though, probably would have gone somewhere else after Packers got Preston and Zadarius but I’ll take another young edge guy! 

If its alright with everyone, since he hasn’t been taken yet, could I switch the pick to Mack Wilson? He’s who I was targetting, never thought I wouldn’t make it. If not it’s fine

7 hours ago, twfish said:

It's up too you, it's not the end of the world and I'm not going to cry about it. I missed the part of being a 2 hour selection I thought it was still a 4 hour thing, then I would have been good on time lol. I appreciate you doing this by the way

Picks are staying put as they are. Moving forward 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Although it’s a BIG IF, but IF the draft went this way and a talent like Josh Jacobs fell all the way to the middle of Round 2, I just don’t see Ballard passing him up. He’s been fishing for another RB this offseason and the Colts have visits with Josh Jacobs as well.

The RB position is a brutal position and  even the championship teams like the Patriots roster 2 quality between the tackle RBs like Michel and Burkhead while James White does the passing down work (Rams with Gurley and CJ, Saints with Ingram and Kamara). Backs like Kamara, Nick Chubb, Eddie Lacy, Le’Veon Bell have all showed good ROI on Round 2 backs lately, and a lot of them pretty quickly. A one cut runner, Josh Jacobs’ nfl.com comparison is to Sony Michel who was a big part of the Patriots SB winning run. However, outside his between the tackle prowess, Josh is better than Michel or our own Mack on the passing game front, IMO, due to which he’s highly rated.

If Ballard stuck to his BPA philosophy and chose Malik Hooker that most of us did not expect to be there, it’s very likely, with the way things played out here (although unlikely), he’d lean this way to add a playmaker to our roster.

So, with the 49th pick of the NFL Draft, The Indianapolis Colts select

Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Although it’s a BIG IF, but IF the draft went this way and a talent like Josh Jacobs fell all the way to the middle of Round 2, I just don’t see Ballard passing him up. He’s been fishing for another RB this offseason and the Colts have visits with Josh Jacobs as well.

The RB position is a brutal position and  even the championship teams like the Patriots roster 2 quality between the tackle RBs like Michel and Burkhead while James White does the passing down work. Backs like Nick Chubb, Eddie Lacy, Le’Veon Bell have all showed good ROI on Round 2 backs lately, and a lot of them pretty quickly. A one cut runner, Josh Jacobs’ nfl.com comparison is to Sony Michel who was a big part of the Patriots SB winning run. 

If Ballard stuck to his BPA philosophy and chose Malik Hooker that most of us did not expect to be there, it’s very likely, with the way things played out here (although unlikely), he’d lean this way to add a playmaker to our roster.

So, with the 49th pick of the NFL Draft, The Indianapolis Colts select

Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

Despite the opinion of some who believe that great RBs can be found foraging for dinner in 7-11 trash dumpsters and signed as UDFAs.... I totally agree with your selection. :thmup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With the 50th pick of the 2019 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select

Taylor Rapp, S, Washington

With the loss of Andrew Sendejo and having little depth, the Vikings will need a Safety. Rapp is good value there.

OPC and the Titans are on the clock from 9am to 11am EST. @OffensivelyPC

• Like 2