Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 Gavin Mock Draft RD 1!!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

I like Jonah Williams but he has question marks himself. Tampa has been missing a star pass rusher for years and two potential stars were staring them in the face.

I did not make the decision, it was my suggestion. @csmopar is the commish, just FYI. If others felt strongly about something else, they should have chimed in early enough, maybe???

Also, this brings up an interesting point. For consensus picks, do we go BPA close to need from the nfl.com list here???

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I did not make the decision, it was my suggestion. @csmopar is the commish, just FYI. If others felt strongly about something else, they should have chimed in early enough, maybe???

Also, this brings up an interesting point. For consensus picks, do we go BPA close to need from the nfl.com list here???

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects

It was established earlier in the rules, if a pick wasn’t in at the 4 hour mark, Walter Footballs top remaining prospects would be used and the top remaining player at a position of need would be selected. According to Walter, TB’s top ranked needs were an OL, which is why I agreed with your suggestion, Williams was the top ranked OL on the board.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Just a reminder about the quiet time period that starts at 9pm EST each night. during this time, no draft picks will take place. Anyone on the clock at that time, will get their remaining clock time paused. I’ll restart the stop watch at exactly 9 am EST TOMORROW MORNING, March 26th. 

Currently, @w87r is on the clock and has approximately 2 hours, 7 minutes remaining. Should he not make a pick or trade by 9pm, the remaining time, 1 hour, 22 minutes will be paused until tomorrow per the quiet time rules. If he picks before then, the clock will start for the next person but will again pause @9 pm .

any one confused yet haha

Say w87r makes his pick, can the next person make his/her pick during the quiet time? It seems that some here are available mostly at night. Should they forward you their picks? You may want to post a reminder about how that will work. Thank you, Csmopar.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

It was established earlier in the rules, if a pick wasn’t in at the 4 hour mark, Walter Footballs top remaining prospects would be used and the top remaining player at a position of need would be selected. According to Walter, TB’s top ranked needs were an OL, which is why I agreed with your suggestion, Williams was the top ranked OL on the board.

Thanks for the clarification!!! :thmup:

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Say w87r makes his pick, can the next person make his/her pick during the quiet time? It seems that some here are available mostly at night. Should they forward you their picks? You may want to post a reminder about how that will work. Thank you.

No. That got confusing as all get out and people got upset last year. So no, once quiet time starts, no picks, no movement from 9pm est  until 9 am est. now, if people wanted to email me picks that would be in place at the start time of 9am est, than that would work just fine. But no picks would be announced and no clock will start during quiet time. Not gonna open up that big can of worms again ahaha 

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

No. That got confusing as all get out and people got upset last year. So no, once quiet time starts, no picks, no movement from 9pm est  until 9 am est. now, if people wanted to email me picks that would be in place at the start time of 9am est, than that would work just fine. But no picks would be announced and no clock will start during quiet time. Not gonna open up that big can of worms again ahaha 

Lol. That is not what I meant. I tried to ask it as if it was a Q & A.  Sorry I was not clear. 

Can you remind folks what you would like them to do? They should send an email with picks, order of preference, etc, etc...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Blockbuster trade there. Congrats!

Oakland just lost the ability to draft a whole lot of talent at the end of round 1 and beginning of Round 2. The trade value may have been fair but having the ability to replace Mack and Cooper that they lost with lot of first round picks is instantaneously lost for Oakland with this trade.

Bad, bad, trade for Oakland, tremendous trade for Giants. Mike Mayock would definitely be fired for this. Just my two cents. :) 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Oakland just lost the ability to draft a whole lot of talent at the end of round 1 and beginning of Round 2. The trade value may have been fair but having the ability to replace Mack and Cooper that they lost with lot of first round picks is instantaneously lost for Oakland with this trade.

Bad, bad, trade for Oakland, tremendous trade for Giants. Mike Mayock would definitely be fired for this. Just my two cents. :) 

haha It's for fun. I too like the trade for the Giants. There must be a player that the Raiders like.

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Thanks.

Giants have a lot of nice picks:

My friend who is a Giants season ticket holder would love that.

That they do. To help replace Mack and get some pass rush help, Oakland with the newly acquired number 6 draft pick select, Clelin Ferrell, DE Clemson. Dude is super athletic, has a reportedly high motor, a desire to be the best. 

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. That is not what I meant. Can you remind folks what you would like them to do? I tried to find a polite way to ask. Sorry I was not clear. 

They should send an email with picks, order of preference, etc, etc...

Yeah. Pm me an order of preference. I’d say at least top 3-5 choices 

with less than a minute to go on quiet time start, this will be the last pick of the night. 

@shastamasta will be on the clock starting at 9 am EST time, March 26th. 

20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Perhaps. But Oakland needed some pass rush help badly, and the WRs in this draft are rather unimpressive in my opinion. Besides, Gruden really likes A.B. as his WR for this year and next years draft looks better offensively than this year. 

40 minutes ago, csmopar said:

That they do. To help replace Mack and get some pass rush help, Oakland with the newly acquired number 6 draft pick select, Clelin Ferrell, DE Clemson. Dude is super athletic, has a reportedly high motor, a desire to be the best. 

Yeah. Pm me an order of preference. I’d say at least top 3-5 choices 

with less than a minute to go on quiet time start, this will be the last pick of the night. 

@shastamasta will be on the clock starting at 9 am EST time, March 26th. 

How long do I have?

I don't know why...but I thought this was April 4th for some reason.

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

How long do I have?

I don't know why...but I thought this was April 4th for some reason.

4 hours.  9 am until 1 pm tomorrow Everyone wanted to move it up, so it got moved up. I tagged everyone more than once. I guess I should have sent a pm. Sorry about the confusion 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

4 hours.  9 am until 1 pm tomorrow Everyone wanted to move it up, so it got moved up. I tagged everyone more than once. I guess I should have sent a pm. Sorry about the confusion 

No it's fine. I will send the pick in sometime shortly after 10...I have an early meeting tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

No it's fine. I will send the pick in sometime shortly after 10...I have an early meeting tomorrow.

Okie dookie. Just pm it to me and I’ll post it for you in the am. That way no one gets confused

6 hours ago, csmopar said:

Perhaps. But Oakland needed some pass rush help badly, and the WRs in this draft are rather unimpressive in my opinion. Besides, Gruden really likes A.B. as his WR for this year and next years draft looks better offensively than this year. 

If you would of had Bosa, Allen, or Williams fall to you at 4, I would love the trade up. You could have grabbed one of them along with Murray or Haskins, or maybe even Ferrell with one of the big 3. With none of the top 3 defensive guys falling to 4, I'm not sure you got enough bang for your buck. I may of drafted Grier later (or a different  QB you like) without trading up, took Ferrell at 4, and had a more well-rounded draft. Ballsy move though, we'll see how it affects your draft later on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If you would of had Bosa, Allen, or Williams fall to you at 4, I would love the trade up. You could have grabbed one of them along with Murray or Haskins, or maybe even Ferrell with one of the big 3. With none of the top 3 defensive guys falling to 4, I'm not sure you got enough bang for your buck. I may of drafted Grier later (or a different  QB you like) without trading up, took Ferrell at 4, and had a more well-rounded draft. Ballsy move though, we'll see how it affects your draft later on.

I actually think Ferrell has more potential than those guys. He’s been healthy, he’s got the athleticism, the drive and the desire to be great. He also is on record as to wanting to prove why he should be the number 1 pass rusher taken and feels slighted. Could be Ego, could be motivation. Either way, I feel his better than Allen and maybe even Bosa long term. We’ll see

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I actually think Ferrell has more potential than those guys.

This is the beauty of this mock draft. We have 32 GMs here (well a few less really) and that means 32 different big boards. Unless a few people are just using one particular website's rankings of course. I'm currently compiling a composite big board using all of the draft sites I can find. It's quite the project but it should be pretty interesting when it's finally finished.

• Like 3

ROUND 1:

1.    Arizona (3-13) .527 - @stitches - Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
2.    San Francisco (4-12) .504 - @pacolts56 - Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State
3.    New York Jets (4-12) .506 - @w87r - Josh Allen, EDGE, Kentucky
4.    Oakland (4-12) .547 - @csmopar - Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
5.    Tampa Bay (5-11) .523 - @MPStack - Jonah Williams, OT/OG, Alabama
6.    Oakland (4-12) .547 - @csmopar - Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
7.    Jacksonville (5-11) .549 - @shastamasta - Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan
8.    Detroit (6-10) .504 - @Matthew Gilbert - Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
9.    Buffalo (6-10) .523 - @Finball - Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
10.    Denver (6-10) .523 - @twfish - Devin White, LB, LSU
11.    Cincinnati (6-10) .535 - @Zoltan
12.    Green Bay (6-9-1) .488 - @WarGhost21
13.    Miami (7-9) .469 - @Zoltan
14.    Atlanta (7-9) .482 - @danlhart87
15.    Washington (7-9) .486 - @John Hammonds
16.    Carolina (7-9) .508 - @MPStack
17.    New York Giants - from Cleveland (7-8-1) .516 - @w87r
18.    Philadelphia* (9-7) .518 - @chad72
19.    Tennessee (9-7) .520 - @OffensivelyPC
20.    Pittsburgh (9-6-1) .504 - @Clem-Dog
21.    Seattle* (10-6) .484 - @Finball
22.    Baltimore* (10-6) .496 - @WarGhost21
23.    Houston* (11-5) .471 - @PureLuck
24.    New York Giants (7-8-1) .516 - @w87r
25.    Minnesota (8-7-1) .504 - @NFLfan
26.    Indianapolis* (10-6) .465 - @chad72
27.    New York Giants (7-8-1) .516 - @w87r
28.    Los Angeles Chargers* (12-4) .477 - @Jared Cisneros
29.    Kansas City* (12-4) .480 - @Jared Cisneros
30.    Green Bay - from New Orleans* (13-3) .482 - @WarGhost21
31.    Los Angeles Rams* (13-3) .480 - @DaveA1102
32.    New England* (11-5) .482 - @danlhart87

•    Chicago - @SaturdayAllDay-> Oakland: Khalil Mack - 
•    Cleveland - @CR91 -> New York Giants: Odell Beckham Jr.
•    Dallas - @shastamasta -> Oakland: Amari Cooper
•    New Orleans - @SaturdayAllDay-> Green Bay: Marcus Davenport 

•    Eagles trade for pick No.18 in exchange for pick No.25 and pick No.57 with the Vikings

•    Oakland gets #6, #95, #108, #132 in a trade with the Giants who get #24, #27, #35 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2