Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• This is a mock I would love to see happen for Indy. We would get help at every position of need, provided Ballard gets someone signed at TE in free agency to compliment Doyle. This will be my last mock until Free agency is mostly over.    Indy trades 13th overall pick to Miami for their 18th overall pick and early 2nd rounder. (Miami is most likely targeting either a QB or OT here.)   Round 1 Pick 18 (MIA): Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina Ballard gets an impact 3 tech DT to be the center of this defense. I think this is right around where Kinlaw will go.  Round 2 Pick 2: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville  Ballard gets his massive OT who can take over for Costanzo at LT  when he calls it a career. I think we will have a shot at either Becton or Austin Jackson at the 34th pick for OT help.  Round 2 Pick 7 (MIA): Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU One of my favorite WRs of this draft, Jefferson would give this offense a very competitive go to option to compliment Hilton and could take over the #1 WR role in a year. Again, right around where he looks to be drafted. Reminds me of Davante Adams.   Round 2 Pick 12: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State Love is a bit of a wild card at QB. Some think he will go 1st round, while other experts believe he could fall to the late 2nd round. He is still very raw and needs time before he can start. Good thing we have Reich who could work with him on reading defenses.    Indy trades 3rd round pick to move down with Dallas, and picks up an extra 5th in the process. Round 3 Pick 18 (DAL): Antoine Winfield Jr., FS/SS, Minnesota He had a great 2019 season and would be a very good option as a 3rd safety in this Eberflus scheme. Would also give us insurance if Hooker doesn't progress and Ballard wants to move on. Winfield Jr. simply makes plays in every aspect of the game.  Round 4 Pick 16: Van Jefferson, WR, Florida Ballard selects another Senior Bowl standout in Van Jefferson. He is a bit older, coming into the league at 24, but he showed in the Senior Bowl that he is a very good route runner with reliable hands and decent speed. Plus how cool would it be to have the Jefferson boys at WR for the future? Round 5 Pick 14: Alton Robinson, DE, Syracuse Underrated DE prospect here. Syracuse also seems to produce good pass rushers. Chandler Jones being the latest example. Robinson could learn in a rotation right off the bat, and could earn more playing time once either Houston or Sheard leaves.    Round 5 Pick 18 (DAL): Logan Stenberg, OG, Kentucky A mauling type of OG, Stenberg could eventually challenge Glow for the RG spot.  Round 6 Pick 12: Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan State I could see Margus Hunt being released so we will need more depth at DT. Round 6 Pick 14: Lamical Perine, RB, Florida Very good RB this late in the draft. Would give more of a physical RB presence which this team needs in the backfield.  Round 7 Pick 13: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia Adam is not kicking for this team anymore, gotta find his longterm replacement.
    • My biggest issue is "rockets underneath" on top of the struggles with pressure down the middle. Well, we already have a big armed QB (that won't use his big arm much down the field) that throws rockets to his RBs and Eason's touch would have to improve considerably than what he has shown so far.   Of the QBs that may be within our first or second round picks range, Herbert, Love, Fromm, Gordon all have better touch underneath than Eason, and that is a big part of playing successful QB in the NFL. 
    • Now, let us go hack Ballard's texts to Reich during the season and see how many clips of Jordan Love he sent to Reich, LOL.  
    • Lol, depending on the board, I might have to  I do really like Eason though, he has all the arm talent in the world, and only struggled when pressured down the middle. That shouldn't be an issue with Kelly and Big Q up front. My options were Eason, Hurts, and Gordon though, if Love had fallen he might have been the pick there, but of those three Eason has the most potential, and fits really well with Reagor and TY, both dominant deep threats.    On another note, I'm finding myself taking a WR in round 1 less and less often. Though Jeudy and Lamb can both be top 10 WRs in the league, there is a ton of good depth that I find myself falling back on, as compared to other positions that I want to jump on early
  • Members