CR91

Gronk is retiring

So sad. I wanted him to switch teams so I could root for the big fool lol.

Good luck and enjoy retirement Gronk!

• Like 1

Wow, I didn’t think he would actually do it this year. Definitely a sad day for patriots fans I’d say. 

Who will be the next Patriots TE that the Colts cannot manage to handle?  Benjamin Watson, Rob Gronkowski.... next?

• Haha 1

Heck of a TE. Enjoy retirement Gronk!!! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Who will be the next Patriots TE that the Colts cannot manage to handle?  Benjamin Watson, Rob Gronkowski.... next?

The guy at your local grocery store that bags your groceries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I am not surprised.  

He had a great career and as others have said, it's best to go out on top!  

Such a goofball, but a great player.  Happy retirement!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

In the words of Bob Dylan: “for the times they are a changin” :goodluck:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Now NE will move up in the draft to take Hokenson.

I think they will try. They have more picks then we have. Can a team trade comp picks?

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think they will try. They have more picks then we have. Can a team trade comp picks?

Yes

• Like 1

I'm glad he did nothing all season only to make a bunch of huge catches against KC and then the clincher against the Rams haha 

Hey good for him. 3 time champ. He's a funny guy too. Woulda liked him more if he played for anyone but them but whatever.

And I can also guarantee you that this won't slow down NE one bit, because at this point, nothing really does :thmdown:

• Like 1

He's a smart kid.  I remember reading that he never spent a paycheck -- living off endorsements and saving the rest.  Now he can spend his life -- hopefully a long healthy life -- doing what he wants.  I suspect there are more endorsements in his future.

That said, the Pats will not miss a beat.  They won a couple Lombardis with him on the sidelines.  They will win a couple more following his retirement.

2 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

The guy at your local grocery store that bags your groceries.

Kurt Warner?

Best TE I ever saw play

• Like 4

That robo arm started with the forearm break in Indy. We owed him that :sarcasm:..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

Best TE I ever saw play

Tough to argue that :thmup:. In my lifetime really only Kellen Winslow Sr, Tony Gonzalez, and Shannon Sharpe were as great by my eye test.

*I never seen John Mackey play live. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tough to argue that :thmup:. In my lifetime really only Kellen Winslow Sr, Tony Gonzalez, and Shannon Sharpe were as great by my eye test.

*I never seen John Mackey play live. 

I would have to add Antonio Gates and Mike Ditka to the list of great TEs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I would have to add Antonio Gates and Mike Ditka to the list of great TEs.

I forgot Ozzie too

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Good riddance.

My thought exactly. Now, when are Brady and Edelman retiring?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

My thought exactly. Now, when is Brady and Edelman retiring?

Brady is going to play until he is 45 just for the fun of it to torture us haha. Weather Channel again if they make the SB lmao 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

In the words of Bob Dylan: “for the times they are a changin” :goodluck:

And with Gronk gone, the Pats' chances at another Lombardi in the near future might just be "blowin' in the wind". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aside from his complaining to officials, there wasn't a lot to not like about him as a player and it is hard to deny him as the GOAT TE when healthy. It will be very interesting to see how Brady plays without him this year not only because he is a target but due to the schematic advantage he gave the Patriots. 

1 hour ago, 18to87 said:

Aside from his complaining to officials, there wasn't a lot to not like about him as a player and it is hard to deny him as the GOAT TE when healthy. It will be very interesting to see how Brady plays without him this year not only because he is a target but due to the schematic advantage he gave the Patriots. 

Yes he was a great TE but he learned his whining to the officials from Brady.

Almost like clockwork when Brady or him complained to the officials the flags would come out of the sky.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

And with Gronk gone, the Pats' chances at another Lombardi in the near future might just be "blowin' in the wind". 

I'm sure they can find someone to replace him.  They always do.  

Wes Welker left and they got Edelman.  

The NFL needs more players like Gronk. He was truly the antithesis of the "No Fun League". I enjoyed watching him play and enjoying the game like a kid. Best of luck with your future endeavors Gronk!

I was sad see him retire, but is I understood why.  That mans body been put threw a lot in less than 30 years he has earned a nice relaxing reitrement.. as for my favorite team the Pats... I now say they will pick a WR/TE in the first round... probably move up to do it as well.

I'm sure that he was the best goat that ever played for New England,  but other teams have theirs's too. There is a lot of history in great tight ends over the years. 

8 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I'm sure that he was the best goat that ever played for New England,  but other teams have theirs's too. There is a lot of history in great tight ends over the years. 

In New England before there was Gronk there was Russ Francis.

Russ Francis was the 1st one who stood up to the Patriots after the Patriots tried to cancel Darryl Stingley's insurance after getting paralyzed.

He did end up winning a super bowl with the 49ers after sitting out of football for a year.

• Like 3

The roster never played a role in Belichick's scheme. He will put an add in the local grocery news letter and hand out uniforms to whoever shows up then it's on to the Super Bowl.

Odd that Gronk failed to mention Brady's name in his retirement statement. 

44 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The roster never played a role in Belichick's scheme. He will put an add in the local grocery news letter and hand out uniforms to whoever shows up then it's on to the Super Bowl.

Odd that Gronk failed to mention Brady's name in his retirement statement. 

Maybe he is friends of Jim McNally and John Jastremski.? haha

I think this will be harder on the Pats than most here are giving cred to.