Sign in to follow this  
Legend of Luck

Some Random Sunday thoughts

1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

Well, if he's gong to play WR2, shouldn't impact EE's numbers. He should be taking over the Grant and committee targets. 

Yup, saw some funny twitter stuff. Pretty brutal. The Ballard meme was funny though.

I was thinking more in the lines of EE touchdowns. Those could go down and split with DF. But if our offense comes out and is unstoppable and Luck lights it up even more then last year maybe not.

18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I was thinking more in the lines of EE touchdowns. Those could go down and split with DF. But if our offense comes out and is unstoppable and Luck lights it up even more then last year maybe not.

we need him to be a true WR2. 800+ yards, good catch rate, consistent separation/cushion, take double coverage pressure off TY, and be highly productive between the 20s. 

we already have 2 guys (EE/JD) who are RZ monsters and short/intermediate possession guys. 

honestly i don't care who gets TDs as long as we get them. it's about the other things above. if he does  the things a WR2 is supposed to do, TY will be more open and improve his production, Ebron's numbers/ yardage shouldn't change, whoever's playing slot will benefit, and our rushing attack will improve.

8 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

........ (in VERY low voice)......" I am the god of Abraham".....

LOVE THAT MOVIE

Ben Hurr not too shabby either..

Lol bet you cant count how many times they say moses in that movie 

It might not be a position of priority, but if TJ Hockensen is the pick at 26, I will not complain. He's an amazing prospect. 

But I will say, I like the value of the mid to late tier TEs better than that of the Dline. So if it's close between a Dline prospect, and Hockensen (or anyone else for that matter), I would go with the Dline guy.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

It might not be a position of priority, but if TJ Hockensen is the pick at 26, I will not complain. He's an amazing prospect. 

But I will say, I like the value of the mid to late tier TEs better than that of the Dline. So if it's close between a Dline prospect, and Hockensen (or anyone else for that matter), I would go with the Dline guy.

i posted a stat study earlier that shows 2nd and 3rd rounds are the best places to take a TE from a production and value standpoint.

Huge ND fan, and as far as Miles Boykin is concerned, it was hard to get a read on him. The QB last season was limited in the throws he could make, and anything further than 20 yards downfield severely effected his accuracy, in fact he was pretty awful. This is why Clemson teed off on them during the playoff game (among other reasons lol). It will be interesting to see how he develops with an NFL-talent QB, could really be a diamond in the rough. He has all of the measurables, and tested well at the combine, so I def wouldn't be surprised to see him excel in the NFL. 

3 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Huge ND fan, and as far as Miles Boykin is concerned, it was hard to get a read on him. The QB last season was limited in the throws he could make, and anything further than 20 yards downfield severely effected his accuracy, in fact he was pretty awful. This is why Clemson teed off on them during the playoff game (among other reasons lol). It will be interesting to see how he develops with an NFL-talent QB, could really be a diamond in the rough. He has all of the measurables, and tested well at the combine, so I def wouldn't be surprised to see him excel in the NFL. 

I’m a big Irish fan too and I’ll second that. Boykin didn’t play much 3 yrs ago with Kizer under C. Then 2 seasons ago and into this year he played with Wimbush as his QB. Wimbush was a dual threat guy with a strong arm but his running was ahead of his passing. Ian Book who took over after a few games last season was by far the best QB Myles played with. I didn’t think he was as bad as you nor did I think his arm was that bad. I do agree Myles was limited by the QB’s at ND. I’m interested to see him at the next level. He’s going to be one of those guys who’s a better pro. 

I don’t think Book was the main problem vs Clemson. They had better players then we did was the biggest problem. Then Julian Love who shuts down his half of your field left the game. Clemson throws TD’s where he would have been on back to back drives. They jumped out to the lead we never recovered. It illustrates how valuable Love was to that D easily the MVP to me We needed the breaks to go our way for the Irisb to pull that upset. 

12 hours ago, akcolt said:

I’m a big Irish fan too and I’ll second that. Boykin didn’t play much 3 yrs ago with Kizer under C. Then 2 seasons ago and into this year he played with Wimbush as his QB. Wimbush was a dual threat guy with a strong arm but his running was ahead of his passing. Ian Book who took over after a few games last season was by far the best QB Myles played with. I didn’t think he was as bad as you nor did I think his arm was that bad. I do agree Myles was limited by the QB’s at ND. I’m interested to see him at the next level. He’s going to be one of those guys who’s a better pro. 

I don’t think Book was the main problem vs Clemson. They had better players then we did was the biggest problem. Then Julian Love who shuts down his half of your field left the game. Clemson throws TD’s where he would have been on back to back drives. They jumped out to the lead we never recovered. It illustrates how valuable Love was to that D easily the MVP to me We needed the breaks to go our way for the Irisb to pull that upset. 

Yeah, that's why I said among other problems/issues. The difference, like you said, was that they land 2 or 3 "6-star" recruits every cycle, and ND rarely lands any. Their skill position guys were some of them, and it showed, majorly. But a 3 star QB will rarely beat a 5 star head to head, all other aspects being on a level playing field. 

12 hours ago, akcolt said:

Also, the call being overturned early when there was clearly no evidence to overturn killed the momentum. I hate to blame it on that, but it hurt in a game when you needed some breaks. 

7 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Also, the call being overturned early when there was clearly no evidence to overturn killed the momentum. I hate to blame it on that, but it hurt in a game when you needed some breaks. 

The fumble on the kick return I think is what you are talking about. Yeah we’d have had the ball in the red zone and momentum. A TD or at least a FG and playing from out front rather than from behind. That really hurt and it was exactly what we needed to be pull the upset. 

1 minute ago, akcolt said:

The fumble on the kick return I think is what you are talking about. Yeah we’d have had the ball in the red zone and momentum. A TD or at least a FG and playing from out front rather than from behind. That really hurt and it was exactly what we needed to be pull the upset. 

Yessir, that's exactly what I was talking about. Their 5* WRs killed our DBs tho, and it wasn't even a close matchup. Like you said earlier, it was essentially a mismatch across the board. NDs next couple classes are shaping up nicely tho, you see where they landed that 2021 QB? Forget his name, but he's from Cali