Sign in to follow this  
BlueShoe

Deandre Baker makes lot of sense at 26

1 minute ago, wig said:

Not only is it too small, we know he drafted Wilson at 46. To definitively 'know' he wouldn't get a guy 20 spots earlier is absurd. 

I agree, but the ones that argue it, do it on the basis of the scheme not requiring high level of talent at the CB spot and the scheme was changed to the current Tampa 2 - hybrid the year after we drafted Wilson. 

I just don’t see drafting another CB that high who would be a starter. Are we going to cut Desir or Wilson? No. Wilson had really good statistics this year and we just signed Desir. 

2 hours ago, wig said:

HE'S the one reading too much into a quote?  You consistently take quotes that are based around several philosophy and create the most rigid opinion possible. 

Its entirely possible I’ve misread the OP.   I don’t think the OP does a good job of saying what he means.   He has a long history of that particular problem.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

There may have been 3 or 4 people on this board who agreed with me when I said that Ryan Kelly made the most sense with our first round pick. 

I wasn't on this board at the time but I was all for drafting Ryan Kelly. I can only imagine the blowback you were getting at the time lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wig said:

HE'S the one reading too much into a quote?  You consistently take quotes that are based around several philosophy and create the most rigid opinion possible. 

Wig....

I think you're a good poster....    so I'll make you a sincere offer...   and I'm making it publicly,  so everyone can see it,  and not privately so only you'd see it....

The next time you think I've taken something and turned it into the "most rigid opinion possible"....   call me on it.    Ask me how I came to the viewpoint.   

Ask,  and I'll try to do a better job of explaining how I reached the view that I did....

If you want to ask about something that is currently posted,  go right ahead.    If you want to ask about future posts,  go right ahead.     And I'm not saying only do it once.    Not at all.    Call me out however many times you'd like to.    Whenever you'd like to.

Fair enough?

By the way,  the offer is fully extended to any poster.   I stated to Wig, because he made the direct claim.

9 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

There may have been 3 or 4 people on this board who agreed with me when I said that Ryan Kelly made the most sense with our first round pick. 

There were dozens with pitch forks and gasoline. Another few dozen were arguing over whether or not to use a lighter or matches to burn me to the ground. There was a March Madness Rock, Paper, Scissors bracket to determine who got to light the fire. 

But yeah... Now everyone agrees that the Ryan Kelly pick made sense. This board has a selective memory and very few members understand the definition of, or care to have any integrity. 

Well...    I can't speak for anyone else,  but I can for one.    Me.    I was in the Kelly camp for months, and like you, made many arguments for him.     That was an interesting time.....

• Like 2

I believe there is less than a 10% chance we take cb with the 1st or second pick. - 5% taking one with 26.   I think there is less than a 10% chance we take a WR with either of the 1st 2 picks.

We have a better chance at taking a TE than we do cb or WR

I believe there is a 80% + that we take a SS in the 1st 2 picks because that is where the best value will be.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well...    I can't speak for anyone else,  but I can for one.    Me.    I was in the Kelly camp for months, and like you, made many arguments for him.     That was an interesting time.....

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wig....

I think you're a good poster....    so I'll make you a sincere offer...   and I'm making it publicly,  so everyone can see it,  and not privately so only you'd see it....

The next time you think I've taken something and turned it into the "most rigid opinion possible"....   call me on it.    Ask me how I came to the viewpoint.   

Ask,  and I'll try to do a better job of explaining how I reached the view that I did....

If you want to ask about something that is currently posted,  go right ahead.    If you want to ask about future posts,  go right ahead.     And I'm not saying only do it once.    Not at all.    Call me out however many times you'd like to.    Whenever you'd like to.

Fair enough?

By the way,  the offer is fully extended to any poster.   I stated to Wig, because he made the direct claim.

I don't need to ask, though.  It's been in every thread about corners for about a year. 

• Confused 1

I don't see it as our first pick. Unless there's a skilled position heads and shoulders above a linemen I seriously doubt Ballard will be drafting. 

Also so I don't know anything about the guy but he seems really really tiny.is he going to hold up against the run game?

2 hours ago, wig said:

I don't need to ask, though.  It's been in every thread about corners for about a year. 

I'm sorry....    not trying to be difficult...

But I don't understand two things.

One,  why did you include my comment reguarding Blue Shoe and I being in favor of drafting Kelly?      Two,  what is your issue about my comments regarding cornerbacks for the last year?

I don't know what I'm supposed to say or explain?     

Can you elaborate?

More like makes no sense. DB that is not tall (the kind that Ballard likes), slow.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm sorry....    not trying to be difficult...

But I don't understand two things.

One,  why did you include my comment reguarding Blue Shoe and I being in favor of drafting Kelly?      Two,  what is your issue about my comments regarding cornerbacks for the last year?

I don't know what I'm supposed to say or explain?     

Can you elaborate?

The first quote was a mistake using mobile. 

I think you've taken a Ballard quote and taken into account too much, and that he'd pass on Night Train Lane if available at the end of the first.