Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deandre Baker makes lot of sense at 26

1 minute ago, wig said:

Not only is it too small, we know he drafted Wilson at 46. To definitively 'know' he wouldn't get a guy 20 spots earlier is absurd. 

I agree, but the ones that argue it, do it on the basis of the scheme not requiring high level of talent at the CB spot and the scheme was changed to the current Tampa 2 - hybrid the year after we drafted Wilson. 

2 hours ago, wig said:

HE'S the one reading too much into a quote?  You consistently take quotes that are based around several philosophy and create the most rigid opinion possible. 

Its entirely possible I’ve misread the OP.   I don’t think the OP does a good job of saying what he means.   He has a long history of that particular problem.

9 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

There may have been 3 or 4 people on this board who agreed with me when I said that Ryan Kelly made the most sense with our first round pick. 

I wasn't on this board at the time but I was all for drafting Ryan Kelly. I can only imagine the blowback you were getting at the time lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wig said:

HE'S the one reading too much into a quote?  You consistently take quotes that are based around several philosophy and create the most rigid opinion possible. 

Wig....

I think you're a good poster....    so I'll make you a sincere offer...   and I'm making it publicly,  so everyone can see it,  and not privately so only you'd see it....

The next time you think I've taken something and turned it into the "most rigid opinion possible"....   call me on it.    Ask me how I came to the viewpoint.   

Ask,  and I'll try to do a better job of explaining how I reached the view that I did....

If you want to ask about something that is currently posted,  go right ahead.    If you want to ask about future posts,  go right ahead.     And I'm not saying only do it once.    Not at all.    Call me out however many times you'd like to.    Whenever you'd like to.

Fair enough?

By the way,  the offer is fully extended to any poster.   I stated to Wig, because he made the direct claim.

9 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

There may have been 3 or 4 people on this board who agreed with me when I said that Ryan Kelly made the most sense with our first round pick. 

There were dozens with pitch forks and gasoline. Another few dozen were arguing over whether or not to use a lighter or matches to burn me to the ground. There was a March Madness Rock, Paper, Scissors bracket to determine who got to light the fire. 

But yeah... Now everyone agrees that the Ryan Kelly pick made sense. This board has a selective memory and very few members understand the definition of, or care to have any integrity. 

Well...    I can't speak for anyone else,  but I can for one.    Me.    I was in the Kelly camp for months, and like you, made many arguments for him.     That was an interesting time.....

• Like 2

I believe there is less than a 10% chance we take cb with the 1st or second pick. - 5% taking one with 26.   I think there is less than a 10% chance we take a WR with either of the 1st 2 picks.

We have a better chance at taking a TE than we do cb or WR

I believe there is a 80% + that we take a SS in the 1st 2 picks because that is where the best value will be.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well...    I can't speak for anyone else,  but I can for one.    Me.    I was in the Kelly camp for months, and like you, made many arguments for him.     That was an interesting time.....

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wig....

I think you're a good poster....    so I'll make you a sincere offer...   and I'm making it publicly,  so everyone can see it,  and not privately so only you'd see it....

The next time you think I've taken something and turned it into the "most rigid opinion possible"....   call me on it.    Ask me how I came to the viewpoint.   

Ask,  and I'll try to do a better job of explaining how I reached the view that I did....

If you want to ask about something that is currently posted,  go right ahead.    If you want to ask about future posts,  go right ahead.     And I'm not saying only do it once.    Not at all.    Call me out however many times you'd like to.    Whenever you'd like to.

Fair enough?

By the way,  the offer is fully extended to any poster.   I stated to Wig, because he made the direct claim.

I don't need to ask, though.  It's been in every thread about corners for about a year. 

I don't see it as our first pick. Unless there's a skilled position heads and shoulders above a linemen I seriously doubt Ballard will be drafting. 

Also so I don't know anything about the guy but he seems really really tiny.is he going to hold up against the run game?

2 hours ago, wig said:

I don't need to ask, though.  It's been in every thread about corners for about a year. 

I'm sorry....    not trying to be difficult...

But I don't understand two things.

One,  why did you include my comment reguarding Blue Shoe and I being in favor of drafting Kelly?      Two,  what is your issue about my comments regarding cornerbacks for the last year?

I don't know what I'm supposed to say or explain?     

Can you elaborate?

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm sorry....    not trying to be difficult...

But I don't understand two things.

One,  why did you include my comment reguarding Blue Shoe and I being in favor of drafting Kelly?      Two,  what is your issue about my comments regarding cornerbacks for the last year?

I don't know what I'm supposed to say or explain?     

Can you elaborate?

The first quote was a mistake using mobile. 

I think you've taken a Ballard quote and taken into account too much, and that he'd pass on Night Train Lane if available at the end of the first. 

• 1 month later...

Yeah. Corner makes no sense (sarcasm) with the first pick. Baker was off the board (went in the first round). Rock is tough as nails... Love the pick. Like I said, corner makes a ton of sense for the Colts. 

Too bad nobody on this board thought corner was a possibility. :thmup:

On 3/24/2019 at 1:30 PM, DerekDiggler said:

I believe there is less than a 10% chance we take cb with the 1st or second pick. - 5% taking one with 26.   I think there is less than a 10% chance we take a WR with either of the 1st 2 picks.

We have a better chance at taking a TE than we do cb or WR

I believe there is a 80% + that we take a SS in the 1st 2 picks because that is where the best value will be.

Stay away from Vegas. :funny:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Yeah. Corner makes no sense (sarcasm) with the first pick. Baker was off the board (went in the first round). Rock is tough as nails... Love the pick. Like I said, corner makes a ton of sense for the Colts. 

Too bad nobody on this board thought corner was a possibility. :thmup:

Did you just bump your own thread?

Why not post this in the thread about Rock?

On 3/23/2019 at 12:50 PM, BlueShoe said:

We are not as set at corner as you might think.

Below are the years we have our corners under contract. 

Outside

Pierre Desir (2019, 2020, 2021)
Quincy Wilson (2019, 2020)

Inside
Nate Hairston (2019, 2020)
Kenny Moore (2019)

I apologize for the logical thoughts I use on this board. Some people are not prepared to hear sound reasoning. :thmup:

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Why?  Because you started it?

All of it except for the last few posts is from over a month ago...  :scratch:

It’s a continued discussion. If you don’t like it then post in another thread. 

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I will.

Enjoy tooting your own horn in your own thread.

blinking rick and morty GIF

Enough people spent plenty of time telling me I was wrong. Only makes sense to talk about why I was right. 

It’s called accountability. You should try it on once in a while. 

On 3/23/2019 at 1:05 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Your missing my point. If a guy at 26 is expected to start who is going to sit. Kenny Moore is going to be extended soon. Your not going to sit Desir or Wilson or Moore.   Yes we can use some depth but you don’t pick a depth guy at 26.

Do you think Rock is a “depth” guy?

On 3/23/2019 at 1:23 PM, MikeCurtis said:

No.... But a guy named Blueshoe PROBABLY is.....  

Like I said..... put your money where your mouth is

If I am wrong, which will ONLY BE PROVEN BY WHAT THEY DO, 

I will freely admit it

The very (EXTREMELY) small "CB in the first round" crowd, will be sorely disappointed 

Not sure if you heard, but the Colts drafted a corner with their first pick of 2019. :colts:

12 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Not sure if you heard, but the Colts drafted a corner with their first pick of 2019. :colts:

WOW... are you that insecure?

Lets review

The title of the Thread says........    "Deandre Baker makes a lot of sense at 26"

Dendre Baker at 26....... DID NOT HAPPEN

A CB at 26... DID NOT HAPPEN.......

I gave you an opportunity to bet me........ you ran .......

Sheeze........ LOL isnt enough

7 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

You said we did not need a corner, right?

We took a corner with our first pick (34th overall). You were very, very wrong. 

Dude... just to be clear, I think you're very knowledgeable.  You're better than me at talent evaluation and predicting picks.  You're one of the best members when it comes to this stuff.

IIRC you nailed the Leonard pick last year, and were like the only person to do so.  Props for that.

But this obnoxious post-pick rub-it-in-your-face "I told you so" crap completely ruins your reputation as a great member of this community.  :2c:

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

WOW... are you that insecure?

Lets review

The title of the Thread says........    "Deandre Baker makes a lot of sense at 26"

Dendre Baker at 26....... DID NOT HAPPEN

A CB at 26... DID NOT HAPPEN.......

I gave you an opportunity to bet me........ you ran .......

LOL

I did not want to take your money. 

I wasn't sure if we would take a corner with our first pick and I said so, but I believed the possibility was there. You are the one who guaranteed we wouldn’t take a corner. That’s on you for making guarantees that you shouldn’t. 

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Dude... just to be clear, I think you're very knowledgeable.  You're better than me at talent evaluation and predicting picks.  You're one of the best members when it comes to this stuff.

IIRC you nailed the Leonard pick last year, and were like the only person to do so.  Props for that.

But this obnoxious post-pick rub-it-in-your-face "I told you so" crap completely ruins your reputation as a great member of this community.  :2c:

I have no problem with anyone saying that they think we might take this player or that player. No problem at all. I welcome everyone’s ideas. It’s when they guarantee it. That’s when I hold them accountable. 

This really isn’t about me being right. I had a feeling, and logically things added up to me. But nothing is guaranteed. That’s what I want people to learn. I’d like to see some have a more open mind. I want people to take a step back from the group think that happens on this board and have an original thought. 

6 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

It’s when they guarantee it. That’s when I hold them accountable. 

This really isn’t about me being right. I had a feeling, and logically things added up to me. But nothing is guaranteed. That’s what I want people to learn. I’d like to see some have a more open mind. I want people to take a step back from the group think that happens on this board and have an original thought. 

That's cool.  I don't mind calling people out.  I do it too.

But when you bump your own thread by quoting yourself and tooting your own horn, it has very different optics than quoting others to hold them accountable.  :dunno:

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

That's cool.  I don't mind calling people out.  I do it too.

But when you bump your own thread by quoting yourself and tooting your own horn, it has very different optics than quoting others to hold them accountable.  :dunno:

I am quite sure the people who were wrong... They weren’t coming back to this thread without a little bit of help. :D

It’s all in good fun. They had a good time telling me I was going to be wrong and that my logic didn’t make any sense. I am having a little fun poking back and shining a little light on why my logic was sound. 

29 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I did not want to take your money. 

I wasn't sure if we would take a corner with our first pick and I said so, but I believed the possibility was there. You are the one who guaranteed we wouldn’t take a corner. That’s on you for making guarantees that you shouldn’t. 

Have a nice day

5 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

You said Deandre Baker was the choice at 26 

Baker WAS on the board at 26 .... The Colts chose to NOT take him........  YOU WERE WRONG

I would have taken YOUR money

A pick at 34 is NOT a pick at 26

Honestly, I was surprised at a CB even at 34......

But.... since your self worth seems to be tied to this thread.................. 

lets just say that you were 100% right.........   L

ets just say that we took baker at 26, so that you can feel good......

I personally don't care

Take care of yourself

I never said we were taking Baker the 26. I said it would make sense if we do. It’s literally in the title of this thread. 

I don’t think comprehension is your strong point. Probably a reason you make terrible guarantees. 

Turns out that that none of your logic made any sense at all, and that all of my logic made perfect sense. You can downplay the facts, but deep down inside, you know the truth. 

In defense of @BlueShoe - he did have Rock-Ya-Sin mocked to the Colts in his Post Senior Bowl mock, pretty early in fact, here it is, I found this for you man :) 

I have said in the past that despite playing Cover 2/Tampa 2, there are a lot of Seahawks like Cover 3 aspects of our D that requires good CB play. Even Dungy and Polian got Marlin Jackson and Kelvin Hayden back-to-back and that is when our SB happened with Marlin making the game winning INT vs Brady and Hayden getting the game winning pick six in the SB. 

Let us give him a little credit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2019 at 10:02 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Wig....

Fair enough?

Here is me calling you on it. Your opinion was so rigid based off a single quote that you thought Ballard was going to - in an unprecedented way - trade the first pick he made. That was never going to happen, and corners do matter. 

15 minutes ago, wig said:

Here is me calling you on it. Your opinion was so rigid based off a single quote that you thought Ballard was going to - in an unprecedented way - trade the first pick he made. That was never going to happen, and corners do matter. 

Huh?

First,  Ballard  hasn’t said the cornerback comment a single time.   It was more than that.

Second,  Ballard DID trade his first pick.  Traded 26 last night.  And the last thing he said at his press conference was that pick 34 had real value.  So he hinted at a trade last night.   Then, all day today the hottest rumor in the NFL was that the Colts were fielding offers for pick 34.    So I didn’t make stuff up.   I parroted the rumor that Ballard himself started and the NFL ate up.   It seemed reasonable.   Other posters thought a trade down was possible too.

As to Ya-Sin, I haven’t complained about the pick.  I like the kid.  I’m only surprised at what Ballard has done. 

Clearly what I say and do rubs you the wrong way.   It would be helpful if you knew what I’ve said and what I mean cause clearly you don’t.  But knock yourself out, have fun. 

If it helps, of the three drafts Ballard had had since becoming our GM,  I’ve been more wrong on this draft,  by far, than the other two.  Hope that’s makes you happy!   Enjoy!

On 3/23/2019 at 10:50 AM, MikeCurtis said:

Respectfully.......

We can definitely agree to disagree

I will even put my money where my mouth is

I made a bet with another poster on whether the Colts would take a CB

I am willing to pay FOUR to ONE that the Colts WONT draft a CB....... with their first pick in the first round

PM me and we can work it out

I would be VERY surprised if the Colts drafted a CB, ESPECIALLY when there SHOULD be BPA (Or close) at the SS spot, The DL spot, the WR spot.....heck... even an OL spot

Our defense has been running out THREE Safeties at time, and no clear cut SS, We have only ONE proven WR, we have very little pass rush outside of the UT spot and a blitz of CB and LBs, We have ZERO depth at OT, 

So yeah.... Id be surprised if we went CB, in round 1

I think the MANTRA of "BUILD THE LINES FIRST" is a dead giveaway, and him saying 

"We need pass rush"  may just mean .......EXACTLY WHAT HE SAYS

But... we will see

Maybe Im right... maybe Im wrong

We will see....

How surprised? 

On 3/23/2019 at 11:04 AM, Hoose said:

There is so much that  I agree with your post..... well said. 

Oops

On 3/23/2019 at 11:36 AM, MikeCurtis said:

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/24/indianapolis-colts-senior-bowl-cornerbacks-prospects-2019-nfl-draft/3/

This article, shows some excellent prospects that should be available to the Colts in the mid rounds.

Players that are 6' to 6' 2" that carry 200Lbs. 

Players that are strong tacklers that have Zone experience

I believe we need at least ONE CB from this draft....... rounds 3-7 is where I would target

It was good chatting with you Blueshoe, I hope you have a great day

Lets chat again on draft day...

Peace

Not BShoe, but let's chat? 

On 3/23/2019 at 10:35 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Goodness graciouis....   this poster has no idea that he contridicted himself between the first sentence and the last sentence.

First,  the concept of non-elite corners comes from Ballard.   It's just the posters who are repeating it over and over to those who continue to want to spend a first round pick on one.

And then,  you note in your last sentence that good zone corners can be found in later rounds.   Thanks for proving Ballard's point....   even though that was never your intention.

Someone misinterpreted CB's point. Who was it? 

On 3/23/2019 at 11:30 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I think you're reading way too much into Ballard's quote.    As for the OP here,  I don't see how the first sentence and the last sentence are in anyway compatible...    they clash with each other.

If I'm wrong,  I'd chalk it up to the OP making a poorly worded argument.   Again.   And again.

It's been a habit here and is among the many reasons why the OP has me on ignore.......

Op's argument was pretty clear

5 minutes ago, wig said:

How surprised? 

Oops

Not BShoe, but let's chat? 

Someone misinterpreted CB's point. Who was it? 

Op's argument was pretty clear

Not sure if you know this... 

But if you say it’s 12 o’clock for 24 hours straight, you’re actually going to be right twice a day!

Congratulations!   It’s 12 o’clock!