Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Al Woods

HectorRoberts

I don’t often start my own topics here so please forgive me if I’m not setting this up right. What is the deal with al woods? Is he getting re-signed? Is he leaving? Did Grover replace him? I thought he did a fine job as a run stopper until his injury. I for one would be totally fine with giving him a re-up. Any news you have would be appreciated! 

thanks 

35 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

I don’t often start my own topics here so please forgive me if I’m not setting this up right. What is the deal with al woods? Is he getting re-signed? Is he leaving? Did Grover replace him? I thought he did a fine job as a run stopper until his injury. I for one would be totally fine with giving him a re-up. Any news you have would be appreciated! 

thanks 

Not sure there’s a wrong way to start a thread unless the subject is being covered in another thread 

I doubt they re sign Woods.  With the Houston signing and the fact that we are in pretty good shape at UT I think we look at the NT position as one of the top needs left.   I still want a SS early and a later round corner.  

I agree with the consensus that Al is gone. He lost his starting job; he’s getting long in the tooth; and the Colts are moving on from him and potentially a few others as well. Hassan Ridgeway, are you listening?  It’s shape up or ship out time. A DT selected early in the draft will be a direct threat  to your future in Indy. Here’s hoping you take it to the next level this year. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I agree with the consensus that Al is gone. He lost his starting job; he’s getting long in the tooth; and the Colts are moving on from him and potentially a few others as well. Hassan Ridgeway, are you listening?  It’s shape up or ship out time. A DT selected early in the draft will be a direct threat  to your future in Indy. Here’s hoping you take it to the next level this year. 

I agree as well. As much as I appreciate the contribution that Al Woods provided on our "challenged" DLine, I am sorry to say that it looks like he's about to be replaced with either an improved Grover, or a first/second round draft pick. 

Aren't these exciting times for Colts fans!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HectorRoberts said:

thanks 

With CB wanting to go younger , I don’t suspect that he wont be back. I think there is a strong chance that an interior guy falls to us in the First round. Which is why the Justin Houston signing makes more sense, all of the top edge pass rushers are more than likely off of the board by the time we pick. 

12 hours ago, dodsworth said:

The interior of the D line needs an upgrade over Ridgeway, Grover

and Woods. 

Totally agree. We need a guy that can draw double teams. Maybe Stewart can develop into that, maybe that’s going to come from 26 or 34, but push up the middle is getting more important with guys like Donald Chris Jones and Cox wrecking havoc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Totally agree. We need a guy that can draw double teams. Maybe Stewart can develop into that, maybe that’s going to come from 26 or 34, but push up the middle is getting more important with guys like Donald Chris Jones and Cox wrecking havoc.

All quarterbacks struggle with pressure from the interior

of the line. Actually, if we are ever to beat the Patriots then

pressure up the gut of the line is paramount.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

This could lead me to see Dexter Lawrence being picked st 26 or 34.