horseshoecrabs

New Pre Draft Power Ratings

The recent power ratings from just FA signings of the NFL for what it's worth had some teams minus or plus so far.

Ours stayed the same at power rating #5th . Sounds good but, After rating us 30th at the beginning of last season, I think that it should be taken, with a grain of salt. Nice though, they think so highly of us now. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And I think this ranking was done pre Houston signing. Adding Justin makes our defense that much better and allows us to close out games on defense more often. 

• Like 2

Considering where we finished in the playoffs this sounds about right. We will never leap to the top until we beat the teams ahead of us. 

I still feel that is a tad high.  Still a lot to be done on this defense and depth at WR and OL, but I like the direction they are heading.  I would feel comfortable in saying they are back 5 top 10 though.

I feel that is an understatement of us. We have the best Gm and best qb in the league. We have have great young talent and are on the upswing in a major way. Returning just about all starters and another good draft class and Lombardi trophy is ours. 

On 3/21/2019 at 9:26 PM, horseshoecrabs said:

The recent power ratings from just FA signings of the NFL for what it's worth had some teams minus or plus so far.

Ours stayed the same at power rating #5th . Sounds good but, After rating us 30th at the beginning of last season, I think that it should be taken, with a grain of salt. Nice though, they think so highly of us now. LOL

Interesting, however, my strong preference is to stay as far away from hype like this as possible, we see how wrong it can turn out anyway...

I understand it's pre-draft, but in my mind that's what could propel this team into the Top-5 discussion; Ballard nailing those first 3 picks, again. Ideally, in my mind, they'd go (in no particular order): 3T, Edge, WR. Put a Marquise Brown, Deebo Samuel, or Parris Campbell, a playmaking YAC guy, with what we've already got on offense, and I don't think there's a team we couldn't trade punches with. Not to mention, some key additions along the defensive line would pay major dividends to Flus defensive scheme as a whole. 

• Like 1

These rankings are just mere clickbaits. They always rank teams by last years results, and then make some changes here and there to sell it. The Chiefs lost a lot of their players, Hill is in trouble, so they moved them down. The Steelers were the laughing stock of the NFL before FA began, they lost AB and Bell, so they moved them WAY down. And the Browns are the new darlings of the media, so they moved them WAY up. They also moved the Raiders up quite a bit, reacting to the FA splash they had. As well as the Jets. All remaining teams are more or less at where they finished last year.

I didn't read the article. Am I guessing right?

(Anyway, I LOVE this offseason so far, regardless what the media think about the Colts. If they put them at 5th, that's cool though. All I care about is that the reasoning behind it has to be the polar opposite why they put them in their top5 back in 2015. :) )

On 3/21/2019 at 7:33 PM, BProland85 said:

And I think this ranking was done pre Houston signing. Adding Justin makes our defense that much better and allows us to close out games on defense more often. 

Not only does adding Houston fill an immediate need.  I think it's a brilliant signing for a few other reasons:  (1) We didn't break the bank long-term, even though we signed a player getting up there in years for his position, (2) We give Turay and Lewis another guy to learn from, which also ought to lessen the stress on them trying to become big-time NFL players (i.e., we are still going want to see both of them make major leaps this year compared to last, but we are also going to be able to , (3) It allows us to address some other very pressing needs early on in this year's draft (e.g., WR, 3T, S, CB, OL) without having to be too stressed on an edge guy (and who knows, with another year under his belt Turay may prove to us we already have our own stud edge guy).