Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Per Schefter: Colts inquired about trading for Dee Ford

masterlock

Damn, this would've been nice, but oh well...

Per Schefter, "A source told Schefter that the Colts inquired about trading for former Chiefs linebacker Dee Ford but in the end decided to hold on to draft-pick compensation and instead turned their attention to Houston."

Source: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26324034/source-colts-agree-ex-chiefs-lb-houston

15 minutes ago, masterlock said:

Per Schefter, "A source told Schefter that the Colts inquired about trading for former Chiefs linebacker Dee Ford but in the end decided to hold on to draft-pick compensation and instead turned their attention to Houston."

Source: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26324034/source-colts-agree-ex-chiefs-lb-houston

Personally...   glad we didn’t make that trade.    I much prefer the deal we made today for Houston.

• Like 4

Yeah, I think this further explains today's deal.  They were on the hunt for a pass rusher, there just weren't anyone younger ones at a price he was willing to pay.  Houston is the typical seat filler with great potential upside (the force fumbles for me are BETTER than the missing sacks) and moderate risk (depending on guarantees which I haven't seen yet) of injury.  We'd all rather have had a 26 year old JH, but perhaps 30 will be young enough to get us where we want to go.  Really if he's healthy come playoff time, the deal was worth it for that alone.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I'm glad they didn't trade assets for a $18m 28 year old who's only had 1 good year. KC's asking price may have been higher for an AFC team as well and they likely preferred to ship him out of conference. Much prefer Houston for 2 years $12m per.

Good points.

18 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I'm glad they didn't trade assets for a $18m 28 year old who's only had 1 good year. KC's asking price may have been higher for an AFC team as well and they likely preferred to ship him out of conference. Much prefer Houston for 2 years $12m per.

Wasn't 2016 another good year when he had 10 sacks?

22 hours ago, masterlock said:

I like the route we went, we get to keep the pick and utilize it to sure up other positions. 

On 3/21/2019 at 9:26 PM, Boiler_Colt said:

It occurred  to me that maybe the reason he got so many sacks is people were so worried about Houston? (I know they had a 3 headed snake there, but alas, it's a theory).