Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are signing Justin Houston [Merge]

zibby43

hah you can see how eager the fans were for a big signing with the amount of threads started at pretty much the exact same time.

Nice signing though, some much needed pass rush help and a solid locker room presence. t'll be interesting to see how he transitions into a 4-3 end.

Imagine: 

Resigned:

CB: Pierre Desir

OG: Mark Glowinski 

SS: Clayton Geathers

DE: Marcus Hunt 

Signed:

WR: Devin Funchess

DE: Justin Houston 

RB: Jay Ajayi 

OLB: Aaron Lynch

I would consider that a big success. Super stoked! 

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

hah you can see how eager the fans were for a big signing with the amount of threads started at pretty much the exact same time.

Nice signing though, at the very least a good presence in the locker room. It'll be interesting to see how he transitions 

Can I vow I was here first? :thmup:

I've liked most of Ballard's signings in the past, but this one seems a bit pricey. 

I don't know.  I haven't watched KC that much to tell how much Houston has left in the tank.  At that price, I hope we won't be thinking Trent Cole by mid season.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

How the heck does this guy keep things so quiet 

Tight lipped organization. All around. Keep a close inner circle. 

Great signing. We get a big time veteran presence that immediately boosts our pass rush and will only help the younger cats get better... 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I've liked most of Ballard's signings in the past, but this one seems a bit pricey. 

I don't know.  I haven't watched KC that much to tell how much Houston has left in the tank.  At that price, I hope we won't think Trent Cole by mid season.

9 sacks, 5 FF last year. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't know.  I haven't watched KC that much to tell how much Houston has left in the tank.  At that price, I hope we won't think Trent Cole by mid season.

I think it depends upon the amount of guaranteed money.  

The issue with Houston I believe is injuries.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't know.  I haven't watched KC that much to tell how much he has left in the tank.  At that price, I hope we won't think Trent Cole by mid season.

KC has one of the best pass rushes last year and Houston was a huge part of that. He was graded the 14th best rusher by PFF last year

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

12m is a bargain for what edge rushers go for these days tnh. I think this is probably right in line with his value if he can manage 8-12 sacks

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1