zibby43

Colts are signing Justin Houston [Merge]

• Like 3

Had an 89.1 grade as a pass rusher with PFF last year.

Here's your splash, folks.

• Like 2

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

2 year 24 mil. Not sure exact details feel free to post 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hah you can see how eager the fans were for a big signing with the amount of threads started at pretty much the exact same time.

Nice signing though, some much needed pass rush help and a solid locker room presence. t'll be interesting to see how he transitions into a 4-3 end.

1 minute ago, MarquisJ said:

Imagine being a young pass rusher on the Colts having Justin Houston and Robert Mathis teaching you

Very very happy

Imagine: 

Resigned:

CB: Pierre Desir

OG: Mark Glowinski 

SS: Clayton Geathers

DE: Marcus Hunt 

Signed:

WR: Devin Funchess

DE: Justin Houston 

RB: Jay Ajayi 

OLB: Aaron Lynch

I would consider that a big success. Super stoked! 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

hah you can see how eager the fans were for a big signing with the amount of threads started at pretty much the exact same time.

Nice signing though, at the very least a good presence in the locker room. It'll be interesting to see how he transitions 

Can I vow I was here first? :thmup:

I've liked most of Ballard's signings in the past, but this one seems a bit pricey. 

I don't know.  I haven't watched KC that much to tell how much Houston has left in the tank.  At that price, I hope we won't be thinking Trent Cole by mid season.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

How the heck does this guy keep things so quiet 

Tight lipped organization. All around. Keep a close inner circle. 

Great signing. We get a big time veteran presence that immediately boosts our pass rush and will only help the younger cats get better... 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I've liked most of Ballard's signings in the past, but this one seems a bit pricey. 

I don't know.  I haven't watched KC that much to tell how much Houston has left in the tank.  At that price, I hope we won't think Trent Cole by mid season.

9 sacks, 5 FF last year. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't know.  I haven't watched KC that much to tell how much Houston has left in the tank.  At that price, I hope we won't think Trent Cole by mid season.

I think it depends upon the amount of guaranteed money.  

The issue with Houston I believe is injuries.  

• Like 1

A 3 year deal was reported at first but it’s confirmed, its a 2 year deal $24 million. This is a huge pickup if this dude can stay healthy.  

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't know.  I haven't watched KC that much to tell how much he has left in the tank.  At that price, I hope we won't think Trent Cole by mid season.

KC has one of the best pass rushes last year and Houston was a huge part of that. He was graded the 14th best rusher by PFF last year

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Remember how we were talking about Holder yesterday not breaking news. Last night he said to not to expect news anytime soon...he sure has his finger the on the pulse of the Colts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr.ZapRowsdower said:

9 sacks, 5 FF last year. 

Oh that's good.  

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

12m is a bargain for what edge rushers go for these days tnh. I think this is probably right in line with his value if he can manage 8-12 sacks

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Wow I am stunned. This might by us a time. That contract is a steal.

8 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

How the heck does this guy keep things so quiet 

No clue either. Nothing about a visit either. That basically takes Lynch off the table now