Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts in talks with Inman

CR91

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

I find that there is a certain faction within this board that use the word fact in a way that might, in fact, resembles a factitious disorder. Their prose and grammatical presentation lacks a certain facture.

Exactly, because, you know, people who engage themselves in literary pursuits should completely ignore "hyperbole"...

• Like 1

I’ve heard people tout the 2020 draft much better offensively than the 2019. I’ve also heard Chris say he likes the defensive depth and OL depth in this draft. If Inman comes back I wouldn’t be shocked if Chris went all in on those two fronts. CB’s board no doubt looks a hell of a lot different from mine.... thank God.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yep. That is exactly what Ballard said. I think we may be trying to get one of the higher prospects at WR. I know it’s a business but I feel bad for Inman after what he did last year.

With the tape that Inman put up and how he has handled things so far, I’m shocked that someone hasn’t taken a flyer on him yet. Perhaps he himself is holding out for a 3 year, larger contract and he has limited his suitors. I honestly believe he would be worth taking on a 3 yr 15 million contract with 5 million guaranteed. Maybe that isn’t enough for him or maybe nobody is offering him more than a 1 yr 2 million type. Idk but he certainly played perfectly in our system last season. 

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:50 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Actually, no.    That is NOT a fact.

It’s a prediction.    And it even may turn out to be 100 percent true.   But that doesn’t make it a fact TODAY.

It’s just your opinion. 

….who hurt you?

Need to get something off your chest?

I'm here for you buddy.

7 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

….who hurt you?

Need to get something off your chest?

I'm here for you buddy.

I'm sorry.     Did you say something worth paying attention to?

Yeah,   I didn't think so.   

Carry on!    Have fun!

(Get back to us when you learn the difference between a fact and an opinion.  That would be helpful.)

On 3/29/2019 at 5:28 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know why?

How about this?

Hilton, Funchess,  rookie draft pick,  Inman and Cain.    

That's 5 and he's on the team.    We might even carry 6.    Who would be ahead of Inman?

Rogers?   Pascal?    Fountain?     I don't see that....

Agree.  I like Rogers but he has a ceiling.  I havent seen enough from Fountain to know what we have.  Pascal has flashed but i see him as a #4 at best.  Inman could find space enough and seemed to have a chemistry with Andrew.  

I'd love to see a rookie come in with the attitude of pushing Funchess AND TY for snaps.  But Ballard may have other plans.   Maybe Ballard sees something in Cain, Fountain and Pascal.  My guess is he's waiting for Inman to realize our offer is fair and I kind of expect him back unless Ballard kicks some other tires.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Agree.  I like Rogers but he has a ceiling.  I havent seen enough from Fountain to know what we have.  Pascal has flashed but i see him as a #4 at best.  Inman could find space enough and seemed to have a chemistry with Andrew.  

I'd love to see a rookie come in with the attitude of pushing Funchess AND TY for snaps.  But Ballard may have other plans.   Maybe Ballard sees something in Cain, Fountain and Pascal.  My guess is he's waiting for Inman to realize our offer is fair and I kind of expect him back unless Ballard kicks some other tires.

The reason I see Rogers and/or Pascal making the 53 over Inman is their return skills 

19 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The reason I see Rogers and/or Pascal making the 53 over Inman is their return skills 

I think that is a major reason Rogers has stuck this long.

call me crazy, but i am confident Ballard has it under control.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Rogers was tendered by the Colts last month as a RFA second rounder. That means another team can offer him more than the 3M and give the Colts a second rounder if the Colts declined to get in a bidding war. Not sure if he signed the tender offer, but I doubt any team comes in swinging and willing to give up a second rounder for him.  So very likely he'll be here in 2019. 

Cain is locked up and is a no brainer. Marcus Johnson was also tendered last month as an ERFA, which means he's locked up. Pascal has not been tendered (differing opinions here, but I can't find anything) so still a wildcard. Fountain is locked up until next year when he becomes an ERFA.

So with DF being signed, we have him, Deon Cain, Marcus Johnson, Daurice Fountain, T.Y. Hilton, Krishawn Hogan, Steve Ishmael, Jordan Veasy, and James Wright under contract... and likely to retain Rogers. I can see any of the bolded being let go, or pushed to the practice squad.

Guessing we're looking to draft a WR in the first 3 rounds since we haven't locked down Inman or Pascal (and letting Grant expire). Doesn't mean one or both may not be back. Just means we're taking our time and staying on plan.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

Rogers was tendered by the Colts last month as a RFA second rounder. That means another team can offer him more than the 3M and give the Colts a second rounder if the Colts declined to get in a bidding war. Not sure if he signed the tender offer, but I doubt any team comes in swinging and willing to give up a second rounder for him.  So very likely he'll be here in 2019. 

Cain is locked up and is a no brainer. Marcus Johnson was also tendered last month as an ERFA, which means he's locked up. Pascal has not been tendered (differing opinions here, but I can't find anything) so still a wildcard. Fountain is locked up until next year when he becomes an ERFA.

So with DF being signed, we have him, Deon Cain, Marcus Johnson, Daurice Fountain, T.Y. Hilton, Krishawn Hogan, Steve Ishmael, Jordan Veasy, and James Wright under contract... and likely to retain Rogers. I can see any of the bolded being let go, or pushed to the practice squad.

Guessing we're looking to draft a WR in the first 3 rounds since we haven't locked down Inman or Pascal (and letting Grant expire). Doesn't mean one or both may not be back. Just means we're taking our time and staying on plan.

Spotrac has him signed, I hope this helps.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/chester-rogers-19673/

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 8:50 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Actually, no.    That is NOT a fact.

It’s a prediction.    And it even may turn out to be 100 percent true.   But that doesn’t make it a fact TODAY.

It’s just your opinion. 

NCF I want you know that you my boy and one of my favourite posters here but just so you know, lots of young people use 'Facts' as a slang term for when we agree with something :thmup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

NCF I want you know that you my boy and one of my favourite posters here but just so you know, lots of young people use 'Facts' as a slang term for when we agree with something :thmup:

Understood and appreciated.

I’ll try to remember and do better. 

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:07 AM, Jdubu said:

With the tape that Inman put up and how he has handled things so far, I’m shocked that someone hasn’t taken a flyer on him yet. Perhaps he himself is holding out for a 3 year, larger contract and he has limited his suitors. I honestly believe he would be worth taking on a 3 yr 15 million contract with 5 million guaranteed. Maybe that isn’t enough for him or maybe nobody is offering him more than a 1 yr 2 million type. Idk but he certainly played perfectly in our system last season. 

I think Inman and his agent are trying to get the best deal they can for him. He more than likely thinks this will be his last contract and wants all he can get?  I can't blame him. He hasn't been in the NFL that much to have any big money in his past.

Personally I hope he gets himself setup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think Inman and his agent are trying to get the best deal they can for him. He more than likely thinks this will be his last contract and wants all he can get?  I can't blame him. He hasn't been in the NFL that much to have any big money in his past.

Nailed it....

23 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

There is a good chance Rogers sticks, but that tender isn't guaranteed, and he can be cut with no cap penalty.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

There is a good chance Rogers sticks, but that tender isn't guaranteed, and he can be cut with no cap penalty.

I'm guessing he'll stick. He improved last year with Luck, and while not a world beater, was pretty reliable. Even if they play Funchess at the slot a lot as a possession guy, Rogers gets much better YAC and is way more reliable in terms of catch rate. If Cain comes back from injury, I see him playing mostly at X, or even behind TY early as the Z (early season). 

Short of us taking 2 WRs in the draft, I just don't see him being cut. Even then, there are other guys I'd cut before him. Not saying any of this because I love Rogers or anything. Just that overall, our WR group is unimpressive, and Rogers has more experience/production than most at the slot.

On 4/3/2019 at 1:51 PM, CR91 said:

Funchess basically replaces Inman's skill set.  Same version just more talented.  Like to sign him , but won't b crushed if we don't.  I truly beleive the Colts wants to c what they have in Fountain and Cain.   We need more speed at the wr position. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Funchess basically replaces Inman's skill set.  Same version just more talented.  Like to sign him , but won't b crushed if we don't.  I truly beleive the Colts wants to c what they have in Fountain and Cain.   We need more speed at the wr position. 

Exactly how I feel

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I agree, but I think its a risk for his agent to wait until after the draft.  If a talent like Deebo Samuel falls to 59 and we take him, Inman's leverage and price just went down, IMO.

Would still like to know if the hang up is that Inman has turned down a reasonable contract or that Ballard has yet to really offer something more than last year's deal.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think it has anything to do with Inman and his agent. This is all ballard telling Inman he has to wait to see who the colts draft.

And even before the draft, he’s one of at least five guys already on the roster fighting for the #3 WR spot.  

No no rush to sign him for anything more that what Ballard feels is fair.  If he gets a better offer, good for him.  

• Like 1