Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts in talks with Inman

CR91

18 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

The kid that caught him from Florida is someone who will run a 4.4 or 4.3 in a few years at the Combine. That has track speed. Think he was clocked at like 4.5 going into UF as a freshamn

What is his name? Also, he seemed fast if Deebo is 4.5 or slightly better that kid looked A LOT faster.. people talk straight line track speed, but this was on a field with pads on and he was a good 10-20 yards back vertically and horizontally (i.e. an angle that he had to adjust to) so the angle may have helped a bit initially, regardless he was flying!  Thanks Mr. D.  

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Can we agree Cain needs to at least play in a regular season game before we call him great?

I like Cain and I am excited to see what he can do but calling him great now isn’t true.

Good to Great

Cain falls into the Good Category 

I used Cain to show that you can find good to great talent in Day 2 or 3

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Can we agree Cain needs to at least play in a regular season game before we call him great?

I like Cain and I am excited to see what he can do but calling him great now isn’t true.

You are just too negative

If you cant see HOF in the 3 minutes of game time that he played......... you just dont know football!!!!!!!!

:)

Inman is playing a bit of the musical chairs game

He was OUT OF FOOTBALL before the Colts brought him in

31 teams didnt see the value

I want him...... but 

We may grab better........

In my single years, when I was a pig............  I would go ugly, early at the bars

You know what I mean

Inman......  If you have a decent Colts offer.... TAKE IT

8 hours ago, JPFolks said:

What is his name? Also, he seemed fast if Deebo is 4.5 or slightly better that kid looked A LOT faster.. people talk straight line track speed, but this was on a field with pads on and he was a good 10-20 yards back vertically and horizontally (i.e. an angle that he had to adjust to) so the angle may have helped a bit initially, regardless he was flying!  Thanks Mr. D.  

Chris Henderson Jr.......he ran the 200m as a senior in like 21.24, which fast and shows his long speed. Angle or not he def would have caught Deebo lol

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Inman is playing a bit of the musical chairs game

He was OUT OF FOOTBALL before the Colts brought him in

31 teams didnt see the value

I want him...... but 

We may grab better........

In my single years, when I was a pig............  I would go ugly, early at the bars

You know what I mean

Inman......  If you have a decent Colts offer.... TAKE IT

I have to agree. When you are doing the bar thing (say in your mid 20s to mid 30s)...you take the sure thing. Too much downside (expensive) and inefficiency (wasted time) in the other route.  

Figure this out very early on and maximize your "pig years" window.

In college, it's unnecessary because...well because it's a college campus.

6 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I have to agree. When you are doing the bar thing (say in your mid 20s to mid 30s)...you take the sure thing. Too much downside (expensive) and inefficiency (wasted time) in the other route.  

Figure this out very early on and maximize your "pig years" window.

In college, it's unnecessary because...well because it's a college campus.

Call me a Prude but I know nothing of what you are talking about

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Call me a Prude but I know nothing of what you are talking about

You're not a prude...everyone has different life experiences and relationships. Many probably don't even have a "bar scene" phase.

But for those that do...the "go ugly early" idea is to not waste your time going after only very attractive females because it's likely going to be futile and you will end up going after the less attractive ones anyways by the end of the night. So be efficient and set out the night with lower standards.

It's admittedly a very piggish perspective...but it's actually a pretty decent analogy used by @MikeCurtis for Inman's situation.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

You're not a prude...everyone has different life experiences and relationships. Many probably don't even have a "bar scene" phase.

But for those that do...the "go ugly early" idea is to not waste your time going after only very attractive females because it's likely going to be futile and you will end up going after the less attractive ones anyways by the end of the night. So be efficient and set out the night with lower standards.

It's admittedly a very piggish perspective...but it's actually a pretty decent analogy used by @MikeCurtis for Inman's situation.  

Yes it is

For medical reasons I can not drink any alcohol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes it is

For medical reasons I can not drink any alcohol 

Alcohol fueled some of my stupid... "PIG YEARS"

"Beer Googles"?   Anyone ELSE know what that means?

Either way......and back to the topic at hand........ I do hope Inman signs soon

I think we may just shut the door on the guy........ he may be out of football again

17 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Why would you be shocked of we went WR in the first 3 rounds??Outside of Hilton last year we probably had one of the worst WR groups in football. This year we added DF but only on a 1 year deal.

Just based on what I hear Ballard say, I don't think he puts a high value on that position.  He tells us he drafts inside out, we know pass rush and dline is a premium this year.  I also could see him getting depth at OL and DB before receiver.  Offensively, as a coach, you look at the totality of your weapons.  You have two Pro Bowl TE's, a Pro Bowl WR, a Pro Bowl QB, a stud Oline and an explosive RB with a couple of guys who can catch it out of the backfield.  You sign Funchess and there's two guys on the roster you drafted last year that will get a look. So, if you say we need a number 2 or 3 that's fair.  In the context of the offense, we're not lacking talent.  Now, if somebody spectacular falls, I don't think he's stubborn to a fault either, he may jump on an opportunity.  Just my gut man, Colts haven't called and asked my opinion so if you think we're going WR early, you may be totally right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Alcohol fueled some of my stupid... "PIG YEARS"

"Beer Googles"?   Anyone ELSE know what that means?

Either way......and back to the topic at hand........ I do hope Inman signs soon

I think we may just shut the door on the guy........ he may be out of football again

Instead of beer I got a buzz of Mtn Dews

I like DI but just don’t see a spot for him in the 2019 WR Corps

40 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Instead of beer I got a buzz of Mtn Dews

I like DI but just don’t see a spot for him in the 2019 WR Corps

I don't know why?

How about this?

Hilton, Funchess,  rookie draft pick,  Inman and Cain.    

That's 5 and he's on the team.    We might even carry 6.    Who would be ahead of Inman?

Rogers?   Pascal?    Fountain?     I don't see that....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know why?

How about this?

That's 5 and he's on the team.    We might even carry 6.    Who would be ahead of Inman?

Rogers and/or Pascal will be kept because of return skills and Cain will be ahead of him if healthy 

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know why?

How about this?

KR?

8 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

that means kick returner lol.  

OK....   thanks....

But the kick returned could be Rogers or Ismael if we keep 6 WR's....   and if we don't,  it could be Hines...   or it could be a DB,  or someone we draft or someone we sign as a FA after the draft.

17 hours ago, akcolt said:

Pascal is under contract until 2020 This is a good place for contract questions 

https://overthecap.com/player/zach-pascal/5961/

not really confident in overthecap. he is also shown as an ERFA on other sites like sportrac. I provided a few links earlier as well as an article.

His history, IIRC, is he signed a two year deal in 2017 with the Skins, waived quickly, picked up quickly by Titans. Was placed on waivers the next year, and we picked him up. If that's correct, then we picked him up with one year to go. Since he's an UDFA, it mean the next year would be ERFA, which would require us to tender an offer. Colts have tendered 3 ERFA's, but could not find anything on Pascal. 

hey @akcolt

just did a quick google and saw this.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-grades-ranking-every-team-signings-trades-2019/9fsz73npd4s01m3wex99l0lvq

Grade: B+

7. Indianapolis Colts

Key additions: DE Justin Houston, WR Devin Funchess

Key losses: WR Ryan Grant, WR Dontrelle Inman, TE Erik Swoope, WR Zach Pascal

The Colts didn’t end up with Bell or a big wide receiver prize despite their fortune to spend under the salary cap, but Chris Ballard didn’t need to do much after keeping Pierre Desir and Clayton Geathers in the secondary. Funchess can be a good, big catch radius No. 2 to T.Y. Hilton, while Houston should transition well to give Matt Eberflus needed outside punch. Indy didn't need to do much to remain a strong AFC title contender.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know why?

How about this?

I would agree with that grouping if you added Rogers in there. He has value as both a receiver and returner. He's proven to be reliable in punt returns and that is invaluable. Anyone remember the debacle that was Hines in that role? Yeesh.

All that said, I agree that Inman has a place with this group. I hope they sign him. 

35 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I would agree with that grouping if you added Rogers in there. He has value as both a receiver and returner. He's proven to be reliable in punt returns and that is invaluable. Anyone remember the debacle that was Hines in that role? Yeesh.

All that said, I agree that Inman has a place with this group. I hope they sign him. 

Honestly, I’m not the least bit worried about Hines.   He was a Rookie.

In 1985, the receiver who led the entire NFL in drops was a rookie named Jerry Rice.   Stuff often happens with rookies. 

Now if we try Hines again and he STILL has a problem then we try someone else.  

I like Rogers, but I find his receiving too inconsistent for my comfort level.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoose said:

I agree Rogers value as a punt returner can't be over looked. It's not like with KO returns where you can get away with just sticking someone back there. It certainly doesn't guarantee Rogers anything but it's a leg up on a roster spot.

I have had a real threat in the return game on my wishlist for a long time. There is a kid in this draft from the University of Georgia that will have you on the edge of your seat every time he touches the ball. Mecole Hardman has that kind of explosive game breaking ability. He's a little raw as a WR but he'd make an immediate impact in the return game immediately while he adjusts. I'd love to see him wear the horseshoe. 

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Honestly, I’m not the least bit worried about Hines.   He was a Rookie.

In 1985, the receiver who led the entire NFL in drops was a rookie named Jerry Rice.   Stuff often happens with rookies. 

Now if we try Hines again and he STILL has a problem then we try someone else.  

I like Rogers, but I find his receiving too inconsistent for my comfort level.

I get the second chance for Hines. He was reliable with the ball once the regular season started. But he felt like a fumble waiting to happen every time he lined up as a kick returner in the ` preseason. There was a reason the coaches kept him away from that job the rest of the year. 

As for Rogers, he started the year poorly, but I thought his receiving was much better the second half of the season....and he was rock solid as a punt returner. I hope they keep him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, akcolt said:

I agree Rogers value as a punt returner can't be over looked. It's not like with KO returns where you can get away with just sticking someone back there. It certainly doesn't guarantee Rogers anything but it's a leg up on a roster spot.

I have had a real threat in the return game on my wishlist for a long time. There is a kid in this draft from the University of Georgia that will have you on the edge of your seat every time he touches the ball. Mecole Hardman has that kind of explosive game breaking ability. He's a little raw as a WR but he'd make an immediate impact in the return game immediately while he adjusts. I'd love to see him wear the horseshoe. 

I don't know Hardman, but I keep seeing his name pop up in different mocks. I'll take a look at him. 

1 hour ago, Hoose said:

I get the second chance for Hines. He was reliable with the ball once the regular season started. But he felt like a fumble waiting to happen every time he lined up as a kick returner in the ` preseason. There was a reason the coaches kept him away from that job the rest of the year. 

As for Rogers, he started the year poorly, but I thought his receiving was much better the second half of the season....and he was rock solid as a punt returner. I hope they keep him. 

I thought Rogers started to show better as the year went along too. It feels like Luck has never been gone after last season. However in fairness to

Rogers we have not had a very stable QB situation to start his career. Maybe his break out is yet to come. 

1 hour ago, ManningGM said:

Facts. Cain is going to be huge next season. 

Actually, no.    That is NOT a fact.

It’s a prediction.    And it even may turn out to be 100 percent true.   But that doesn’t make it a fact TODAY.

It’s just your opinion. 

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Actually, no.    That is NOT a fact.

It’s a prediction.    And it even may turn out to be 100 percent true.   But that doesn’t make it a fact TODAY.

It’s just your opinion. 

I find that there is a certain faction within this board that use the word fact in a way that might, in fact, resembles a factitious disorder. Their prose and grammatical presentation lacks a certain facture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2019 at 2:22 AM, GoColts8818 said:

This! Quit being on the Deon Cain train until he plays. So tired of hearing this

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

This! Quit being on the Deon Cain train until he plays. So tired of hearing this

Never said he was great 

I brought  him up to answer the question that Good to Great Receivers can be found in day 2 or 3 and that his return would eat into Inman’s Playing Time and therefore production

• Like 1