Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This or That: A trade down with the Eagles or Chiefs

Two highly unlikely scenarios in which I included a 4 round mock draft with each trade.

Trade the 26th pick

For

Eagles Rasual Douglass CB, 53rd and 57th

The Eagles get 2 first rounder and plenty of ammunition to reload for a Superbowl run. With Darby coming back into the fold they can use Douglas as trade bait. The Eagles still have Mills, Darby, Sidney Jones at the CB position.

The Colts flip the no. 26 pick into 3 players. Rasual Douglas has 2 more years on his rookie contract. He is 6'2 and has great zone awareness unfortunately on the Eagles he doesn't get any playtime unless its a injury.

The Eagles can grab

Greg Little OT to solidify their offensive line and prep for the future without Jason Peters.

Mack Wilson LB to make up for the loss of their LB Hicks in free agency. Mack has range and the ability to cover TEs

Leaving them with two 4th rounders, a 5th and a 6th to fill out the rest of their roster.

Mock 1

2. Jeffrey Simmons DT Mississippi State

A powerful defender that has been compared to Fletcher Cox

2. Charles Omenihu DE Texas

Multi postion defensive lineman who can stay on the field for 3 downs.

2. Juan Thornhill Safety Virginia

Covers like a CB, range to take away half the field

2. Joe Jackson DE Miami

Long arms, high motor, poor man Brian Burns

3. Isaiah Prince OT Ohio State

Has improved at every year, physical tools are there must get doen mechanics

4. Anthony Ratliff-Williams WR North Carolina

Strong hands, great special team returner, good blocker

4. Michael Jackson SR CB Miami

Tall CB that excels in zone, good tackler

Trade Down Scenario 2

Trade 34

We once again capitalize on moving back turning one pick into 3 players. Depending on who we sign in free agency this maybe a great option to get young players that maybe consider a reach but could still contribute to the team.

For

Kansas City Chiefs 61 (2nd), 64 (2nd) and next year 5th

At 34 the Chiefs can grab Paris Campbell to help lessen the blow of a possible Tyreek Hill suspension. This may seem like a reach but Paris wont make it to pick 61. After a potential suspension the idea of Hill, Kelce and Campbell will make defensive coordinators lose sleep.

Mock Draft 2

1. Josh Jacobs RB Alabama

Vision catching and pass protection makes him a welcome addition to the RBBC

2. Joejuaun Williams CB Vanderbilt

A terrific CB in many coverages with fluid hips and height/long arms to press

2. Gerald Willis DT Miami

A monster in the middle that can stuff the run and eat up double teams to free DEs for one on ones

2. Riley Ridley WR Georgia

Great release of the line and advanced route running compared to fellow WR

3. Austin Bryant DE Clemson

Doesn't have the best bend but find ways to collapse the line and pressure QBs

4. Renell Wren DT Arizona State University

Raw unfiltered strength

4. Dru Samia OT/G Oklahoma

Has the height, frame and feet to be a tackle. Just need mechanics and experience of holding a block against non big 12 opponents.

First of all, I am always grateful for a board member taking the time to plot out these scenarios. They are fun to read, think about, and critique. That said: I would hate these trades.

Scenario one: You get a CB you don't need and two late 2nds for your first rounder. Ugh.

Scenario two: Pick #34 is almost like having a first round pick. Plus, you will be fielding calls all night by teams who see who wasn't selected in round one and want to grab a player early in Day 2.  There should be a few juicy offers. I wouldn't trade it unless I had a short drop down in the second round and got a third rounder for the trouble. Otherwise the talent pool is far shallower by the time you pick in the late 2nd. Not doing it. 

52 minutes ago, Mr. Too Proud said:

Two highly unlikely scenarios in which I included a 4 round mock draft with each trade.

Trade the 26th pick

For

Eagles Rasual Douglass CB, 53rd and 57th

The Eagles get 2 first rounder and plenty of ammunition to reload for a Superbowl run. With Darby coming back into the fold they can use Douglas as trade bait. The Eagles still have Mills, Darby, Sidney Jones at the CB position.

The Colts flip the no. 26 pick into 3 players. Rasual Douglas has 2 more years on his rookie contract. He is 6'2 and has great zone awareness unfortunately on the Eagles he doesn't get any playtime unless its a injury.

The Eagles can grab

Greg Little OT to solidify their offensive line and prep for the future without Jason Peters.

Mack Wilson LB to make up for the loss of their LB Hicks in free agency. Mack has range and the ability to cover TEs

Leaving them with two 4th rounders, a 5th and a 6th to fill out the rest of their roster.

Mock 1

2. Jeffrey Simmons DT Mississippi State

A powerful defender that has been compared to Fletcher Cox

2. Charles Omenihu DE Texas

Multi postion defensive lineman who can stay on the field for 3 downs.

2. Juan Thornhill Safety Virginia

Covers like a CB, range to take away half the field

2. Joe Jackson DE Miami

Long arms, high motor, poor man Brian Burns

3. Isaiah Prince OT Ohio State

Has improved at every year, physical tools are there must get doen mechanics

4. Anthony Ratliff-Williams WR North Carolina

Strong hands, great special team returner, good blocker

4. Michael Jackson SR CB Miami

Tall CB that excels in zone, good tackler

Trade Down Scenario 2

Trade 34

We once again capitalize on moving back turning one pick into 3 players. Depending on who we sign in free agency this maybe a great option to get young players that maybe consider a reach but could still contribute to the team.

For

Kansas City Chiefs 61 (2nd), 64 (2nd) and next year 5th

At 34 the Chiefs can grab Paris Campbell to help lessen the blow of a possible Tyreek Hill suspension. This may seem like a reach but Paris wont make it to pick 61. After a potential suspension the idea of Hill, Kelce and Campbell will make defensive coordinators lose sleep.

Mock Draft 2

1. Josh Jacobs RB Alabama

Vision catching and pass protection makes him a welcome addition to the RBBC

2. Joejuaun Williams CB Vanderbilt

A terrific CB in many coverages with fluid hips and height/long arms to press

2. Gerald Willis DT Miami

A monster in the middle that can stuff the run and eat up double teams to free DEs for one on ones

2. Riley Ridley WR Georgia

Great release of the line and advanced route running compared to fellow WR

3. Austin Bryant DE Clemson

Doesn't have the best bend but find ways to collapse the line and pressure QBs

4. Renell Wren DT Arizona State University

Raw unfiltered strength

4. Dru Samia OT/G Oklahoma

Has the height, frame and feet to be a tackle. Just need mechanics and experience of holding a block against non big 12 opponents.

I like Mock 2.

We get 2 needed Offensive draftees early which is rarely the case in mocks around here.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Hoose said:

First of all, I am always grateful for a board member taking the time to plot out these scenarios. They are fun to read, think about, and critique. That said: I would hate these trades.

Scenario one: You get a CB you don't need and two late 2nds for your first rounder. Ugh.

Scenario two: Pick #34 is almost like having a first round pick. Plus, you will be fielding calls all night by teams who see who wasn't selected in round one and want to grab a player early in Day 2.  There should be a few juicy offers. I wouldn't trade it unless I had a short drop down in the second round and got a third rounder for the trouble. Otherwise the talent pool is far shallower by the time you pick in the late 2nd. Not doing it. 

Appreciate the reply and your opinion. Definitely can see your prospective.

I think option 1 gives us depth at a position that of recent years have been riddled with injuries. It also can help us evaluate Wilson (rather we keep him or not). 

The second option is far less appealing to me personally bc I want the Chiefs to regress. 

I agree that you could probably grab alot more but I just went with the online draft chart point system.

I know we all assume that Ballard love his draft pick and if he stays on the hot streak four 2nd round picks could do wonders for our team if he gets the right guy