Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AK’s Colts Mock Draft

Things have been slow thought I’d do a mock. Here it is:

1st round Jerry Tillery DT ND pass rushing 3 Tech that has the upside to be the playmaker we need the 3tech to get this D to the next level

2nd round(Jets) Gardner-Johnson S Florida this kid is the definition of versatile can do it all on the back end. Paired with Hooker look out 

2nd round Joe Jackson DE Miami has a nose for the QB 24 sacks in 3 years at the U comes off the edge with speed and length with a knack for strip sack solid vs run Could be a little early but not sure why I like what I see 

3rd round Khalen Saunders DL Western Illinois A small school kid who

dominated the big school lineman in Mobile 

4th round  Mecole Hardman WR/KR UGA I love the juice this kid can bring to the offense and finally getting that explosive PR draws comparisons to Tyreek Hill that’s explosive 

4th round(comp) Terrill Hanks LB New Mexico St More speed at LB a fast rangy converted S and he can cover TE’s and RB’s in sub packages out of the gate 

5th Dennis Daley OT South Carolina he has a future at LT solid Sr Bowl not only is Castonzo’s deal up at seasons end so are Haeg and Clark’s. 

6th round Dexter Williams RB ND he can be the thunder to Mack’s lightening or help keep us going if the injuries come again 

7th round Leon Sandcastle CB out of no where CB looks to have the goods but needs coaching could be a real steal MLB also interested 

I wanted more picks. I could see CB trading back. I really would’ve liked to get a TE with Ebron and Doyle both FA’s I just noticed that didn’t happen this is a deep class. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

2nd round Joe Jackson DE Miami has a nose for the QB 24 sacks in 3 years at the U comes off the edge with speed and length with a knack for strip sack solid vs run Could be a little early but not sure why I like what I see 

Love me some Joe Jackson!  We need to start a fan club.  Print T-shirts.

4 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Love it. I liked Hanks a lot before the combine but he tested extremely poor. A 4.9ish 40 for a linebacker is almost undraftable range.

He pulled his hammy running the 40 was still tight at his pro day He couldn’t run there either It slowed down his momentum even though he’s clearly faster then 4.9 on tape and by all Sr Bowl reports. If he has a good combine chances are he’s still moving up boards 

I think Hanks goes later if not UDFA. I would sub a better CB there for depth and either grab Hanks in the 7th over the other guy. Just my opinion of course. Love the rest of it tho. 

Side note i can almost bet if AC plays as well as he did last year he will get a 2 or 3 year extension. 

6 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’m a fan of CGJ. He can play single high or in the box. The word is that he could be a surprise 1st round pick by a team like the Seahawks.

Looking at it I thought the Steelers may take him in the 1st if they don’t go WR. The kid played single high in the box covered the slot even kicked out to the boundary when necessary. There’s talk of moving him to corner obviously we’d keep him at S. I thought about flipping him with Tillery in the mock but that wouldn’t help if the Hawks or Pitt had 1st round eyes for him. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, akcolt said:

He pulled his hammy running the 40 was still tight at his pro day He couldn’t run there either It slowed down his momentum even though he’s clearly faster then 4.9 on tape and by all Sr Bowl reports. If he has a good combine chances are he’s still moving up boards 

That could be the case. But we heard the injury excuse for Morrison too...and he was so slow on the field. 

Slow 40s at LB (especially if they can't disprove it at the Pro Day) gives me pause, regardless of the context. But it's a 4th round comp pick...so could be worth the roll of the dice.

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

That could be the case. But we heard the injury excuse for Morrison too...and he was so slow on the field. 

Slow 40s at LB (especially if they can't disprove it at the Pro Day) gives me pause, regardless of the context. But it's a 4th round comp pick...so could be worth the roll of the dice.

I know the importance of speed at LB. That’s why I mocked Hanks. If you watch his film or even read the Sr Bowl reports. His sideline to sideline speed is a strength as is his coverage ability vs TE RB’s and even slot WR’s. He can run. 

He would help us in sub packages utilizing his coverage skills  immediately. He would also give us help behind Leonard .We are a little thin at LB imo. Hanks could go the end of day 2. That’s the buzz either way I expect we add competition to our LB group.

I remember Morrison his tape showed he was a 2 down thumper with limited range who couldn’t hold up in coverage. I was never a fan. I recall Grigs drafted him 2 rounds before he was projected then he and Pagano acted like they pulled one over on everyone. He’s a football player barks at dogs..,

2 hours ago, shastamasta said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/draftwire.usatoday.com/2019/01/23/2019-senior-bowl-the-best-lb-prospect-rising-from-under-the-radar/amp/

I wouldn't expect a 5th round LT to be mentioned in the same sentence as ACs replacement, even down the road.  If you're concerned about AC's replacement at this point, you need to invest more draft capital, IMO.  Replacing Haeg or Clark, yes.

Leon Sandcastle.....you are showing some age and a bit of nostalgia there, my friend. Most of the posters here have no idea what/who you're talking about....

Sandcastle could run like the wind, but in today's game, I'm not sure he gets away with his reluctance to hit. He may have liked the "neon" lights a bit too much also. 

As to your mock, I like it! I'd hope to see a WR picked earlier than the 4th round, but then again, I'd have no problem with any of the picks in rounds 1-3. 

I'd stay clear of that fraud Sandcastle, though. Locker room culture remains important.