Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning on MNF

Restinpeacesweetchloe

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It may not but if they give him a lot of money and he wants to do it out of boredom who knows? I did call it, as in I knew MNF would reach out to him.

ESPN talked to Peyton last year about the gig when Gruden left so this isn't anything new. Peyton is probably making more yearly from his business investments/royalties than what ESPN would offer him to do MNF anyway. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

ESPN talked to Peyton last year about the gig when Gruden left so this isn't anything new. Peyton is probably making more yearly from his business investments/royalties than what ESPN would offer him to do MNF anyway. 

They paid Gruden 6.5 million a year.   They would pay Peyton more. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

And he will still make money from his business investments/royalties if he takes the job. Apples and oranges. He would be great and it would boost their ratings. I wouldn't be shocked if they paid him $10m/yr. He'd be worth every penny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoose said:

And he will still make money from his business investments/royalties if he takes the job. Apples and oranges. He would be great and it would boost their ratings. I wouldn't be shocked if they paid him $10m/yr. He'd be worth every penny.

It's called "passive" money. He really doesn't have to "work" nor travel like he would for the ESPN gig to make the money. Ultimately my point was I doubt it's about the money for him, it's about whether he actually wants to do it, and from what I understand it's a no.

Peyton Manning would never show it, but if I were in his place I'd be annoyed with ESPN. They just don't give up; he already told them "no", but they keep bugging him. Peyton would help their ratings (which must be low); why else would they be so desperate?

If Peyton does change his mind, it would probably be on his terms. It sounds like ESPN is begging, so they'd give in to almost anything he  would request.

• Confused 1

ESPN needs Manning much more than he needs them.

Just because some think he would be great doing it does not make it so.

Personally I would like to hear and see Manning do MNF but I don't think he is interested. If he should then I would turn the sound on. As it stands now I watch but without the sound.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, coltsva said:

If I’m Peyton, my first demand is no Booger and a new play by play man.

He probably brings Reggie and Sorgi along with him, that would be nice!!! :) 

Sorgi breaks things down pretty good, IMO!!!

My understanding is that since he retired he's been at the top of every broadcasting company's wish list for a color guy.

He will probably command a huge salary.

The only thing he will have to worry about is shortening his analysis of plays.  Because it seems like Peyton can probably talk for about 5 minutes about what's going on in each individual play.  

He would suck at it. I don't want someone breaking down the game as if he is talking to the staff and players.  Keep the game on the field and entertainment in the broadcast booth. Quoting from the film "Network", "Because you're on TV *."  Bring back someone like Don Meredith. 

I don't see it happening. Why would he spent 24 weekends away from his family and watching Eli, Tennessee, Indy and Denver around the country all season as he does now? 

Would PM be as good as Romo or better? Yes, probably. But, he doesn't need the pressure of needing to live up to that. 

On 3/20/2019 at 9:43 AM, chad72 said:

sorgi breaks things down pretty good, IMO!!!

yeah he sounds a lot like romo to me.  he was doing it first so i guess romo reminds me of him

sorgi is a huge homer though, and can be pretty biased.  he works for the team too though, or at least he did i have not listened in a while

33 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

yeah he sounds a lot like romo to me.  he was doing it first so i guess romo reminds me of him

sorgi is a huge homer though, and can be pretty biased.  he works for the team too though, or at least he did i have not listened in a while

That's kind of funny. It makes me think that Bob Lamey would have been fun to listen and see with his style of homerism. Yes he was a homer but an honest homer.

• Like 1