Jump to content
rayski

Colts Corner trade rumours

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

Ive lived in NYC, California, and Indiana. I do have room to talk. Ill take the perfect weather and 10 minute walk to the beach over snow anyday of the week. Different strokes though..... 

Yeah don't forget to include all the natural disaster too. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

Ive lived in NYC, California, and Indiana. I do have room to talk. Ill take the perfect weather and 10 minute walk to the beach over snow anyday of the week. Different strokes though..... 

 

I live in Lake Worth, Fl. suburb of West Palm Beach. Part of my exercise routine is to cross LW bridge walking and walk on beach. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Yeah don't forget to include all the natural disaster too. 

 

Natural disasters in San Diego?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

Natural disasters in San Diego?

 

San Diego has numerous faults that could mean a nasty earthquake .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about the high taxes in Cali and the high cost of housing. That alone would scare me away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dw49 said:

 

San Diego has numerous faults that could mean a nasty earthquake .

 

No offense, but as someone who was born & raised in Indiana, & lived there until I was 22, I'd take my chances with the earthquake.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

Yeah don't forget to include all the natural disaster too. 

Grew up and live in Pennsylvania.  LOVE the seasons, tho it seems we only get summer and winter now.

  I lived in Florida for 4 years of colege and i have to say, the older i get, the more i miss  the warmer climate.

The solution is 2 hous s i guess.  Live in the North for summer and move south for winter. 

Snow is over-rated . Haha

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Grew up and live in Pennsylvania.  LOVE the seasons, tho it seems we only get summer and winter now.

  I lived in Florida for 4 years of colege and i have to say, the older i get, the more i miss  the warmer climate.

The solution is 2 hous s i guess.  Live in the North for summer and move south for winter. 

Snow is over-rated . Haha

 

Yeah I love the warm weather,  but I'm not a huge fan of being in the hot weather all the time like down south.  I live in Illinois and attend school in wisconsin and the winters are terrible here in Wisconsin. Would definitely like to move down south tho! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Yeah I love the warm weather,  but I'm not a huge fan of being in the hot weather all the time like down south.  I live in Illinois and attend school in wisconsin and the winters are terrible here in Wisconsin. Would definitely like to move down south tho! 

I was in Daytona, so you had some air movement from the proximity to the ocean.  And you could count on the seemingly everyday 2pm rain shower to cool things down.  Inland areas as a different story.... stifling heat and humidity.

However, i found the "crazy hot" period of summer (in florida) was much more bearable than the length  of cold, miserableness here in Pa.      Plus, wonen running around in bikinis rather than 4 layers of clothes was a definite plus that blatantly tipped the scales. What can i say?.... i'm a "guy."  

  When i got to college in Florida, some got sidetracked by alcohol (lower legal age), some the "white stuff "(it was the 80s), some the "green stuff", some the beach.   Me?  I went CRAZY on golf and the tens of thousands of  "fresh blood" spring breaker ladies who showed up every week with bad intentions, and a desire to push some boundaries.

Life is wonderful.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

Natural disasters in San Diego?

Too much sun

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

New York is amazing. Sure beats the hell out of Indiana haha. 

I assume he meant going to NYC (NJ actually) and playing for the Giants.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

Not sure where you heard this (link?), but the meltdowns that would ensue amongst Seahawks fans if they were to trade Wilson make me want it to happen so badly.

 

There's other rumours if someone wants to search.....

 

https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/02/nfl-rumors-seahawks-russell-wilson-and-wife-ciara-want-giants-new-york-thats-a-smart-odell-beckham-trade.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t Wilson also say something about being the highest paid QB in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next years Free Agents

 

Anthony CastonzoLTINDUFA-

Devin FunchessWRINDUFAMarket Value

Jabaal SheardOLBINDUFA-

Eric EbronTEINDUFA-

Jack DoyleTEINDUFA-

Adam VinatieriKINDUFA-

Matthias FarleySSINDUFA-

Chester RogersWRINDUFA-

Evan BoehmGINDUFA-

Ryan KellyCINDCO-

Chris MiltonCBINDUFA-

Jacoby BrissettQBINDUFA-

Le'Raven ClarkRTINDUFA-

Hassan RidgewayDEINDUFA-

Gabe HolmesTEINDUFA-

Ross TravisTEINDUFA-

Isaiah JohnsonFSINDUFA-

Jonathan WilliamsRBINDUFA-

James WrightWRINDUFA-

Joe HaegGINDUFA-

Marcus JohnsonWRINDRFA-

Jalen CollinsCBINDRFA-

Carroll PhillipsOLBINDRFA-

Rigoberto SanchezPINDRFA-

Kenny MooreCBINDRFA-

Mo Alie-CoxTEINDERFA-

Skai MooreLBINDERFA-

Daurice FountainWRINDERFA-

Ahmad ThomasSINDERFA-

Rolan MilliganSINDERFA-

 

There are a few in there that could demand decent money on the market....

 

Additionally, there are quite a few young core or soon to be core players to re-sign on that list.

 

Whether Brissett is let go or not, we will likely gain a comp pick or two.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dw49 said:

 

San Diego has numerous faults that could mean a nasty earthquake .

 

San Diego rarely has bad quakes.   

 

Seriously,  I can’t even remember the last one.    The cities that get the worst quakes are the Greater Los Angeles area and the greater San Francisco Bay Area including the east bay and north side as well.

 

When you talk Cali quakes, that’s typically what most people are talking about. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You talk to people in the midwest and they froth over fires and quakes. 

You talk to people out west and they are terrified of the idea of a tornado. And 30 below zero. 

The difference, and I DO know this: 

1. The people in the midwest are the best in the country. 

2. The taxes and cost of living in CA are absolutely insane. As is the traffic. Awful.

3. There is nowhere to live in the Bay Area, or for that matter, any of the CA big cities; the cost of housing has left reality.

4. You can live amazingly well in the midwest, especially Indiana. The cost of housing is among the lowest in the nation. Home ownership per capita may be the highest in the nation. 

5. It comes down to weather; can you tolerate 4 tough months out of the year to live a better life? There is no doubt the weather in CA is better. But most people rarely make it to the beach. And they spend the better part of their extra time commuting to and from home. 

6. I choose the midwest. Having lived out west until an adult, I know what I'm talking about. 

7. That said, San Diego is amazing. Too crowded; too expensive; too little opportunity. But a phenomenal place. You just have to adjust to living in your car and lining up for everything. 

 

I choose life out here. And I am very, very ready for Spring. :headspin:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

No offense, but as someone who was born & raised in Indiana, & lived there until I was 22, I'd take my chances with the earthquake.

 

Why would I take offense. I live in Huntington Beach Ca. I was just saying there could be natural disasters in SD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

San Diego rarely has bad quakes.   

 

Seriously,  I can’t even remember the last one.    The cities that get the worst quakes are the Greater Los Angeles area and the greater San Francisco Bay Area including the east bay and north side as well.

 

When you talk Cali quakes, that’s typically what most people are talking about. 

 

Similar articles pretty prevalent. I live in Orange county and I agree that LA and San Fran are worse but San Diego has some serous faults. I guess the worst is around Seattle or Portland ? I forget exactly where.

 

https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-san-diego-quake-20170601-htmlstory.html

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

San Diego rarely has bad quakes.   

 

Seriously,  I can’t even remember the last one.    The cities that get the worst quakes are the Greater Los Angeles area and the greater San Francisco Bay Area including the east bay and north side as well.

 

When you talk Cali quakes, that’s typically what most people are talking about. 

 

I was out there (SD) on a business trip about 30 years ago and they had three.  I was in a restaurant for the final and biggest at 4.5.  I remember seeing the walls “ripple” but no damage.  

 

I asked the the waitress if that was normal.  She was obviously scared and shakily said no. It was my first business trip there and I got a true California experience!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

 

I was out there (SD) on a business trip about 30 years ago and they had three.  I was in a restaurant for the final and biggest at 4.5.  I remember seeing the walls “ripple” but no damage.  

 

I asked the the waitress if that was normal.  She was obviously scared and shakily said no. It was my first business trip there and I got a true California experience!

 

In Los Angeles is barely worth mentioning.    Honestly.    Nobody really jays much attention until they get they get over 5.0.   Serious damage doesn’t really happen until a quake reaches 5.5–6.0.

 

Ive experienced roughly 6-7 quakes of 6.0 in Los Angeles in my roughly 55-60 years of living here.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

In Los Angeles is barely worth mentioning.    Honestly.    Nobody really jays much attention until they get they get over 5.0.   Serious damage doesn’t really happen until a quake reaches 5.5–6.0.

 

Ive experienced roughly 6-7 quakes of 6.0 in Los Angeles in my roughly 55-60 years of living here.  

 

I was only about 20 minutes out of the Bay area in 1989.  I guess I can say that was close enough for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Packers fans can claim they're from the Bay area too.  

 

At least the Colts play most games in perfect to near perfect conditions, that makes a difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 10:08 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll predict Brissett to the Giants for a 3rd round pick. They got an extra 3rd in the Beckham trade, and the Giants have Eli at QB and aren't interested in Haskins. Also think the Cardinals take Murray before them. Perfect match for Brissett. Predicting it now!

Want more than a third for Brissett.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Want more than a third for Brissett.

Wanting and getting are two different things.

What makes you think he is worth more than a 3rd in todays market?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Wanting and getting are two different things.

What makes you think he is worth more than a 3rd in todays market?

He's shown he can be a quality starter, experience, and is young. This draft lacks true starting QBs. There are still a half a dozen teams in need. A second is not a stretch. Maybe a high third.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

He's shown he can be a quality starter, experience, and is young. This draft lacks true starting QBs. There are still a half a dozen teams in need. A second is not a stretch. Maybe a high third.

Brissett is 5-12 as a starter and only has 1 year left on is contract.

I highly doubt any team considers Brissett a quality starter and any team would give up anything better than a 3rd round pick for a one year rental.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Brissett is 5-12 as a starter and only has 1 year left on is contract.

I highly doubt any team considers Brissett a quality starter and any team would give up anything better than a 3rd round pick for a one year rental.

The record is not a direct reflection of his skill, it is that of the team.

 

Blake bortles is not a 10-6 QB, Tony Romo was not an 8-8 QB, Trent Dilfer was not a SB winning calibre QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Next years Free Agents

 

Anthony CastonzoLTINDUFA-

Devin FunchessWRINDUFAMarket Value

Jabaal SheardOLBINDUFA-

Eric EbronTEINDUFA-

Jack DoyleTEINDUFA-

Adam VinatieriKINDUFA-

Matthias FarleySSINDUFA-

Chester RogersWRINDUFA-

Evan BoehmGINDUFA-

Ryan KellyCINDCO-

Chris MiltonCBINDUFA-

Jacoby BrissettQBINDUFA-

Le'Raven ClarkRTINDUFA-

Hassan RidgewayDEINDUFA-

Gabe HolmesTEINDUFA-

Ross TravisTEINDUFA-

Isaiah JohnsonFSINDUFA-

Jonathan WilliamsRBINDUFA-

James WrightWRINDUFA-

Joe HaegGINDUFA-

Marcus JohnsonWRINDRFA-

Jalen CollinsCBINDRFA-

Carroll PhillipsOLBINDRFA-

Rigoberto SanchezPINDRFA-

Kenny MooreCBINDRFA-

Mo Alie-CoxTEINDERFA-

Skai MooreLBINDERFA-

Daurice FountainWRINDERFA-

Ahmad ThomasSINDERFA-

Rolan MilliganSINDERFA-

 

There are a few in there that could demand decent money on the market....

 

Additionally, there are quite a few young core or soon to be core players to re-sign on that list.

 

Whether Brissett is let go or not, we will likely gain a comp pick or two.

 

So, maybe this is why we've been quiet in FA this season?  Even if we re-sign half of these guys, there are a lot of holes to fill on the roster next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m starting to think these rumors are just that...rumors. Nothing seems to be materializing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Grew up and live in Pennsylvania.  LOVE the seasons, tho it seems we only get summer and winter now.

  I lived in Florida for 4 years of colege and i have to say, the older i get, the more i miss  the warmer climate.

 

The solution is 2 houses i guess.  Live in the North for summer and move south for winter. 

 

Snow is over-rated . Haha

 

There are plenty of people here in FL in the winter that do just that.  They are called 'snow birds'.

 

Any word on trades?  I'm not very convinced we are going to pull one off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

 

So, maybe this is why we've been quiet in FA this season?  Even if we re-sign half of these guys, there are a lot of holes to fill on the roster next season.

I believe so, yes. If a LT does not materialize over the next year then we'll be forced to re-sign Castonzo and that won't be cheap....Kenny Moore won't be cheap either....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

 

So, maybe this is why we've been quiet in FA this season?  Even if we re-sign half of these guys, there are a lot of holes to fill on the roster next season.

That list of pending FAs is eye opening. There is no doubt  Ballard is using that reason to hold onto the bulk of the cap $. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a few of these guys extended early. Kenny Moore; Kelly; Doyle; maybe even Castonzo. Which is why the draft is so critical for the Colts. Even with all that money, they won't be able to sign everyone. No doubt in my mind that they will be looking for Castonzo's replacement in the draft....perhaps as early as Day 2 this year. He'll be expensive, and they will have to hedge their bet. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BOTT said:

Too much sun

 

And after a while...that high 70s temp EVERY single day takes its toll.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hoose said:

That list of pending FAs is eye opening. There is no doubt  Ballard is using that reason to hold onto the bulk of the cap $. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a few of these guys extended early. Kenny Moore; Kelly; Doyle; maybe even Castonzo. Which is why the draft is so critical for the Colts. Even with all that money, they won't be able to sign everyone. No doubt in my mind that they will be looking for Castonzo's replacement in the draft....perhaps as early as Day 2 this year. He'll be expensive, and they will have to hedge their bet. 

 

I don't think AC will be as expensive as many believe.  It will be his 3rd contract and he is on the plus side of 30.  If there is an extension it will be for a couple of years and likely a team friendly amount.  

 

I do agree that they will be in the LT draft market this year or next.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Narcosys said:

The record is not a direct reflection of his skill, it is that of the team.

 

Blake bortles is not a 10-6 QB, Tony Romo was not an 8-8 QB, Trent Dilfer was not a SB winning calibre QB. 

 

If Brissett was thought of as a winning QB throughout the league then why hasn't Ballard had one team interested?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

There are plenty of people here in FL in the winter that do just that.  They are called 'snow birds'.

 

Any word on trades?  I'm not very convinced we are going to pull one off.

I'd be surprised

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

 

If Brissett was thought of as a winning QB throughout the league then why hasn't Ballard had one team interested?

I believe Ballard has said teams were interested. But he said he would send him to any team. Furthermore, does ballard come across as a guy who announces every little detail about who is interested in whom?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jskinnz said:

 

I don't think AC will be as expensive as many believe.  It will be his 3rd contract and he is on the plus side of 30.  If there is an extension it will be for a couple of years and likely a team friendly amount.  

 

I do agree that they will be in the LT draft market this year or next.

What’s your feeling his contract would look like at a team friendly deal? I’m always curious on what everyone thinks a deal would look like, several times, people on here are pretty dang close.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I believe Ballard has said teams were interested. But he said he would send him to any team. Furthermore, does ballard come across as a guy who announces every little detail about who is interested in whom?

 

No, he does nit come across as a guy who would announce little details.

 

Which is why it was so surprising when he announced early thus iff-season that he had received zero inquiries on Brissett. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Seems odd in general that it took so long.  Outside of the guy in SD, we rarely hear why someone holds out this long on a mundane contract with so little to quibble over. 
    • One thing I’ll say about Bob though, his small size & Wolverine (comic book character) mentality made him a terror against the run.  With him already being short, when he went submarine on a RB, they really risked their careers if their feet were planted when the Colonel was coming for them.  He turned so many guys into tip toe bandits or sent them helicoptering into the air.  No wonder our run defense was so stout.  Usually only took 1 “meeting” with Bob in the hole, to put fear in the RB’s head the rest of the game...  You had to know where he was at all times or kiss your knees goodbye.
    • I have to disagree with the last sentence. I think Sean Taylor (The former Hurricane & Redskin safety) was and would have statistically been better than all 3 had he not been murdered.  That dude was what you’d get if you created a cyborg safety. Big. Fast. Physical. And immaculate receiver level ball skills...  I still love the other 3, especially the Colonel, but Taylor was on another level.  A combination of all 3.
    • This is a big compliment for KM.    
    • No, if he wants to go be a gm somewhere who are we to hold him back from that.
  • Members

    • el duderino

      el duderino 61

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Colts_Fan12

      Colts_Fan12 4,911

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ShakerColt

      ShakerColt 3

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Surge89

      Surge89 964

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IkeAramba

      IkeAramba 11

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JPFolks

      JPFolks 863

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ScotColt

      ScotColt 11

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...