Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rayski

Colts Corner trade rumours

Recommended Posts

 

Not the most reliable source, but interesting to note. I could think of some nice options to compliment Desir. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rayski said:

 

Not the most reliable source, but interesting to note. I could think of some nice options to compliment Desir. Thoughts?

He’s actually been spot on lately. 

 

Trae Waynes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure we need any starters at corner. I think that is set. But maybe some as depth.

I think Wilson and Moore with Desir we are set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Not sure we need any starters at corner. I think that is set. But maybe some as depth.

I don’t think we are “set”, definitely could upgrade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wouldn't say were set, could definitely upgrade, but if we don't i think we can get by with what we have. Maybe he meant Safety?? haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think that means corner back. I think that means corners of the nfl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think that means corner back. I think that means corners of the nfl.

You’re right. I just got that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think that means corner back. I think that means corners of the nfl.

hmmm, interesting. I wonder what Ballard has on his mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Could be anything.  Maybe trade up this year instead of back?

I actually think we need a DE so bad this would be the year to trade up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benjamin Allbright is way more reliable than "insiders" like Mike Silver and Jason La Canfora. 

 

In terms of potential trade targets, I do not really have a clue. I find it difficult for Ballard and company to trade a draft pick, but maybe a late round/conditional. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Think they might be trying to trade brissett

 

I've seen this mentioned on both Twitter and Reddit, but I don't see them trading away Brissett. He's a valuable member of the locker room that the Colts are continuing to establish.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MTC said:

 

I've seen this mentioned on both Twitter and Reddit, but I don't see them trading away Brissett. He's a valuable member of the locker room that the Colts are continuing to establish.  

 

He's also gone next year regardless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll predict Brissett to the Giants for a 3rd round pick. They got an extra 3rd in the Beckham trade, and the Giants have Eli at QB and aren't interested in Haskins. Also think the Cardinals take Murray before them. Perfect match for Brissett. Predicting it now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id like to see some links to some solid "Brisset being traded" info. I personally don't think it's happening and all i have seen is pure speculation from fans..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Id like some links to some solid "Brisset being traded" info. I personally don't think it's happening and all i have seen is pure speculation from fans..

I feel like it would have happened by now but maybe if someone misses out on a qb in the draft.  As much as I like Brissett on this team I do want to see him start somewhere.  Can’t wait to root for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont see a trade up in the draft happening until draft day with how late our pick is. the draft is just to unpredictable in how the board will fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Id like some links to some solid "Brisset being traded" info. I personally don't think it's happening and all i have seen is pure speculation from fans..

Just my personal opinion. I don’t think we will trade him. Ballard loves him and I wonder if he will let him hit free agency next year so he can choose his own team. It’s not like we will get much for him. If he doesn’t get a starting job he will probably re sign here and continue as a back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are doing the sniffing what position would he feel the need to pursue a player for?  We know he values picks but you would have to assume he would be willing to give up a pick to get a player.  ER is the biggest need and I thought a future 2nd. was a good price for Ford.   Crazy thought I know but here we are still sitting with all of that cap space.  Oh well nothing like having fun with a new rumor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If we are doing the sniffing what position would he feel the need to pursue a player for?  We know he values picks but you would have to assume he would be willing to give up a pick to get a player.  ER is the biggest need and I thought a future 2nd. was a good price for Ford.   Crazy thought I know but here we are still sitting with all of that cap space.  Oh well nothing like having fun with a new rumor. 

Right now I would say a safety. Hooker and Farley are the only ones signed. Odum is just a back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the trade is for DE Frank Clark. I’d be stoked if we got him for a 2020 3rd or something along those lines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Hopefully the trade is for DE Frank Clark. I’d be stoked if we got him for a 2020 3rd or something along those lines. 

 

 

That's way low on what it would take to get Clark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MTC said:

Benjamin Allbright is way more reliable than "insiders" like Mike Silver and Jason La Canfora. 

 

In terms of potential trade targets, I do not really have a clue. I find it difficult for Ballard and company to trade a draft pick, but maybe a late round/conditional. 

Yep . Look at this from Jan 31st.  

Quote

 

Benjamin Allbright‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL

FollowFollow @AllbrightNFL

More

Would not be surprised to see #Dolphins move Tannehill and not worry about QB this draft. Bring in a free agent like Ryan Fitzpatrick. Use 2019 as an evaluation year. Look QB in 2020 draft.

5:57 AM - 31 Jan 2019

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Yep . Look at this from Jan 31st.  

 

Wow. I made sure to follow this guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hassan Ridgeway?

Nate Hairston?

 

Hairston & Ridgeway both had really limited minutes in 2018, yet both look like they can play in the league. Scheme fit issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Hopefully the trade is for DE Frank Clark. I’d be stoked if we got him for a 2020 3rd or something along those lines. 

I would think a 2020 2nd and another mid round pick this year or a player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were rumors that Seattle might have been interested in Brissett. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. If the trade is indeed for a corner back, my gut says it has to be for a high level starter.

 

Desir and Moore are very good starters, and with Wilson and Collins on the roster, I feel like the ONLY trade that would make sense for that group would be to add a true CB1.

 

If all of that is true, then Howard from Miami may be the guy. 

 

2. I definitely think a trade for Jacoby is plausible. Two things have to be there for the trade to happen. 

 

1. It has to be a place that Jacoby wants to go, and a place that Ballard thinks will be a good spot for him to be successful. This is the number 1 concern for him.

 

2. It has to be a VERY good return. It'd likely take numerous picks, probably including a 1st rounder. Jacoby just offers this team too much value and safety to be traded for anything less than a true haul of picks.

 

With that said, its still on the table. All it takes is one team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

 

 

1. It has to be a place that Jacoby wants to go, and a place that Ballard thinks will be a good spot for him to be successful. This is the number 1 concern for him.

 

2. It has to be a VERY good return. It'd likely take numerous picks, probably including a 1st rounder. Jacoby just offers this team too much value and safety to be traded for anything less than a true haul of picks.

 

 

1. False

 

2. False

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

 

1. False

 

2. False

 

Ballard literally said these exact words.

 

“It would take somebody doing something that would blow me away, and it has to be the right thing for the kid, too.”

 

“I’m not just sending him anywhere.”

 

“This is what I told Jacoby: ‘I’m not giving you away. I won’t do it.' I had chances last year, and I didn’t do it, and I won’t do it again. It would have to be right for the organization and for him.”

 

 

So go ahead and correct your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe ballard when  he said  that about Jacoby. He has never lied. That is why he isn’t going anywhere this year. Next year he will probably let him test FA to see if there is a starting job for him. If there isn’t Jacoby will re sign. I think ballard would gladly give up that pick to let Brissett decide where he wants to go. It is  not like we are going to get much  anyway. Teams probably don’t want to trade for him because he will be a FA next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I believe ballard when  he said  that about Jacoby. He has never lied. That is why he isn’t going anywhere this year. Next year he will probably let him test FA to see if there is a starting job for him. If there isn’t Jacoby will re sign. I think ballard would gladly give up that pick to let Brissett decide where he wants to go. It is  not like we are going to get much  anyway. Teams probably don’t want to trade for him because he will be a FA next season.

 

Dont forget, if he lets Jacoby leave in FA next year to be a starter somewhere else, he will get a 3rd round compensatory pick in return due to the size of the contract. So Ballard will get SOMETHING regardless of how he plays this out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

 

Dont forget, if he lets Jacoby leave in FA next year to be a starter somewhere else, he will get a 3rd round compensatory pick in return due to the size of the contract. So Ballard will get SOMETHING regardless of how he plays this out.

 

I don’t think another team will sign him to a big deal in free agency in 2020 so the most Ballard might get is a 4th in compensation. So I believe he’d get more value by trading Brissett before 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if he leaves as a free agent we kind of would get the same kind of pick if we traded him. So if Ballard loves him as much as he says I can see him letting him pick his own team in FA. Brissett isn’t worth more than a 3rd or 4th. I don’t think Brissett is going to leave for another backup job. He will stay if he don’t get a starting job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vikes are shopping both Trae Waynes and Xavier Rhodes. I’d be real happy with either of those for the right price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

 

Dont forget, if he lets Jacoby leave in FA next year to be a starter somewhere else, he will get a 3rd round compensatory pick in return due to the size of the contract. So Ballard will get SOMETHING regardless of how he plays this out.

 

I just caution everyone on this. All of our people on this board and the media keep preaching the comp pick for JB next year. But here’s the thing, that pick is not for 2020. It’s for 2021. And we don’t get that pick at all if we pay any outside free agent any significant contract that offsets the comp pick formula. 

 

So basically if we as dans want some outside help next year and out locker room is ready to add that piece on a big FA contract, it would ultimately offset JB’s deal elsewhere and we’d likely get no comp pick for him. 

 

A comp pick for him is not guaranteed unless we let him walk and we are inactive ourselves on any top tier talent. So take it w a grain of salt. If people are banking on the comp pick then those same people must be banking on our inactivity next off season as well and this shouldn’t be complaining if we sit on our money again. 

 

This is why id be all for trading JB now. A pick in 2020 is worth one round less (typically) than 2019. So a pick in 2021 is worth two rounds less than 2019. Even if we got a 3rd in 2021 that’s equal to a 5th this year. 

 

That means if we can get anything better than a 5-6th this year then we should take it. 

 

Againits just semantics but it should be said and thought of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Had Funchess been practing? I thought he had to practice for two weeks before being able to come back?
    • Oh you were right on that one.  I still won, but I missed out on having highest score of the week by .32 points.  Our league pays out for highest weekly scores. 
    • I think there's a danger with any position of getting enamoured with the 40 time, I'd put 3 cone over it certainly. However, as always never go by just one metric, and never put metrics over film.    For all that was written about him being a below average athlete, if you compare  him to some of the 'good' SS's in the league he matches up pretty well:   Willis 4.55s (40)/7.15s (3 Cone) Collins 4.53s (40)/7.53s (3 Cone) Chancellor 4.69s (40)/7.36s (3 Cone) Jones  4.51s (40)/7.43s (3 Cone)  Adams  4.56s (40)/6.96s (3 Cone)    etc etc... 
    • CeeDee Lamb would be the dream pick imo. Reminds me a lot of Hopkins/Thomas, good size, great route runner and hands. Means he could take on a high volume of targets in the short/intermediate range, something I think Frank Reich badly needs (that's why he was high on signing Funchess). Put him on the boundary opposite Hilton and Campbell in the slot and we have serious options. Not as high on Ruggs when we already have Hilton.   I like Mack as a lead back, but not 25 carries a game. I would prefer a legit RB2 to take some of that load off him, preferably a RB to compliments his game, so a heavier, more physical, north/south RB. This draft has options in the mid round.
    • Here's where I think Kelly 'fans' are distressed. To your point we don't know Kelly...fair.  So what do we know.  We know he can run, dude's fast.  We know he has a strong arm, like that.  We know he'll throw downfield and into tight windows, good!  We know he will stand in the pocket, check. We know he has the stuff to go into Alabama with an Ole Miss team and beat em, that no small thing. We also know he has off-field issues maybe he's grown up, don't know but we hear good things from Frank.  So to someone like me, I like what I see and like what I hear...Rally confused.   Here's what we know about Hoyer, he has none of those physical attributes but he's good in the QB room.  Ok, well, I'm good in QB room but you wouldn't want me under center.  There's an obvious hesitation here on the part of Frank and/or Chris to make Kelly a part of the permanent roster, they will likely cut him again and hope he clears waivers over Hoyer, that to me is absolutely stunning.  Either, Kelly is an off the field nightmare we shouldn't be investing in OR he should be at worst QB2. Hoyer is simply not good, we can get his level of performance literally anywhere, he's the prototypical failed backup and those are readily available on the cheap. I wouldn't understand keeping him over a contract when he weakens the team relative to someone like Kelly on game day.  So to a previous posters comment, why is Kelly here?  If he is such an integrity issue it's not our job to make a man out of him while he occupies a spot.  If he's is good enough physically, which he is, and he's on this roster, which he is, he should stay up and get some first team reps, as all back ups should and see how matures.  It starting to feel like some ego at play here.  All in all, our leadership was ill-prepared to deal with Brissett going down and choked this week in prep.  It's my hope we dump Hoyer who is useless and keep Kelly at QB2, I don't think that will happen.  My 2+ cents.
  • Members

    • lincolndefan

      lincolndefan 2

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CS Coltsfan

      CS Coltsfan 27

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CantBeStopped

      CantBeStopped 444

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 7,757

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Franklin County

      Franklin County 468

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Colt.45

      Colt.45 76

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jskinnz

      jskinnz 5,456

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nate!

      Nate! 77

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • TheMiz

      TheMiz 121

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jimmy g

      jimmy g 420

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...