Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Corner trade rumours

r a y s k i

5 hours ago, jskinnz said:

I don't think AC will be as expensive as many believe.  It will be his 3rd contract and he is on the plus side of 30.  If there is an extension it will be for a couple of years and likely a team friendly amount.  

I do agree that they will be in the LT draft market this year or next.

I don't know. Nate Solder was 29 and got 15 million dollars per year. I could see some team giving Castonzo a 3 year deal worth 45-50 million next year even at 32 years old.

I hope you're right though.

6 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't know. Nate Solder was 29 and got 15 million dollars per year. I could see some team giving Castonzo a 3 year deal worth 45-50 million next year even at 32 years old.

I would be ok with giving Castanzo that kind  of money on a three year deal. Any more years then that I would not. It’s more  about the length of the contract then the price. It’s very important to keep this oline together for Luck. I would actually extend him this off season.

43 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

100% agree with this.

If Andrew Whitworth can get a 3 year $33.5M deal at age 35 two years ago, then 3 years and $40M-$45M is probably the lower end of what AC can command if he wants to field offers.

Donovan Smith is much younger at 25 and just got 3 years and $41.25M.

If you take that deal as the baseline then you can argue AC should come in around 3 years and $36M or so at around $12M a year w some slight depression due to his advanced age compared to Smith.

If you look at the top of the market being around $16.5M with Trent Brown and you average that $16.5M salary with that $12M salary, you'd come in around $14.25M a year. Over 3 years that would be $42.75M.

The key is does AC hit the market. If he is re-signed early then I'd expect him closer to Smith's $13M-$14M a year (which Smith extended/signed without ever hitting the market).

If he hits the market, he will cash in around the $15M-$16.5M that guys like Solder and Brown got.

In my opinion, if Ballard lets him hit FA to set his market because they can't come to common ground before free agency begins, then AC is as good as gone. If Ballard extends him before he hits the market, we will get a solid deal/value on him for probably another 3 years or so.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I believe Ballard has said teams were interested. But he said he would send him to any team. Furthermore, does ballard come across as a guy who announces every little detail about who is interested in whom?

He was ask in his last presser if any teams has made any inquiries about Brissett and he said no.

I think you are over valuing Brissett.

Could that change?  Of course it could but so far none has been reported.

• Like 2