Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Corner trade rumours

r a y s k i

14 minutes ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

Ive lived in NYC, California, and Indiana. I do have room to talk. Ill take the perfect weather and 10 minute walk to the beach over snow anyday of the week. Different strokes though..... 

Yeah don't forget to include all the natural disaster too. 

51 minutes ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

Ive lived in NYC, California, and Indiana. I do have room to talk. Ill take the perfect weather and 10 minute walk to the beach over snow anyday of the week. Different strokes though..... 

I live in Lake Worth, Fl. suburb of West Palm Beach. Part of my exercise routine is to cross LW bridge walking and walk on beach. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

Yeah don't forget to include all the natural disaster too. 

Grew up and live in Pennsylvania.  LOVE the seasons, tho it seems we only get summer and winter now.

I lived in Florida for 4 years of colege and i have to say, the older i get, the more i miss  the warmer climate.

The solution is 2 hous s i guess.  Live in the North for summer and move south for winter. 

Snow is over-rated . Haha

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Grew up and live in Pennsylvania.  LOVE the seasons, tho it seems we only get summer and winter now.

I lived in Florida for 4 years of colege and i have to say, the older i get, the more i miss  the warmer climate.

The solution is 2 hous s i guess.  Live in the North for summer and move south for winter. 

Yeah I love the warm weather,  but I'm not a huge fan of being in the hot weather all the time like down south.  I live in Illinois and attend school in wisconsin and the winters are terrible here in Wisconsin. Would definitely like to move down south tho! 

25 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Yeah I love the warm weather,  but I'm not a huge fan of being in the hot weather all the time like down south.  I live in Illinois and attend school in wisconsin and the winters are terrible here in Wisconsin. Would definitely like to move down south tho! 

I was in Daytona, so you had some air movement from the proximity to the ocean.  And you could count on the seemingly everyday 2pm rain shower to cool things down.  Inland areas as a different story.... stifling heat and humidity.

However, i found the "crazy hot" period of summer (in florida) was much more bearable than the length  of cold, miserableness here in Pa.      Plus, wonen running around in bikinis rather than 4 layers of clothes was a definite plus that blatantly tipped the scales. What can i say?.... i'm a "guy."  

When i got to college in Florida, some got sidetracked by alcohol (lower legal age), some the "white stuff "(it was the 80s), some the "green stuff", some the beach.   Me?  I went CRAZY on golf and the tens of thousands of  "fresh blood" spring breaker ladies who showed up every week with bad intentions, and a desire to push some boundaries.

Life is wonderful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Not sure where you heard this (link?), but the meltdowns that would ensue amongst Seahawks fans if they were to trade Wilson make me want it to happen so badly.

There's other rumours if someone wants to search.....

https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/02/nfl-rumors-seahawks-russell-wilson-and-wife-ciara-want-giants-new-york-thats-a-smart-odell-beckham-trade.html

Next years Free Agents

Anthony CastonzoLTINDUFA-

Devin FunchessWRINDUFAMarket Value

Jabaal SheardOLBINDUFA-

Eric EbronTEINDUFA-

Jack DoyleTEINDUFA-

Adam VinatieriKINDUFA-

Matthias FarleySSINDUFA-

Chester RogersWRINDUFA-

Evan BoehmGINDUFA-

Ryan KellyCINDCO-

Chris MiltonCBINDUFA-

Jacoby BrissettQBINDUFA-

Le'Raven ClarkRTINDUFA-

Hassan RidgewayDEINDUFA-

Gabe HolmesTEINDUFA-

Ross TravisTEINDUFA-

Isaiah JohnsonFSINDUFA-

Jonathan WilliamsRBINDUFA-

James WrightWRINDUFA-

Joe HaegGINDUFA-

Marcus JohnsonWRINDRFA-

Jalen CollinsCBINDRFA-

Carroll PhillipsOLBINDRFA-

Rigoberto SanchezPINDRFA-

Kenny MooreCBINDRFA-

Mo Alie-CoxTEINDERFA-

Skai MooreLBINDERFA-

Daurice FountainWRINDERFA-

Ahmad ThomasSINDERFA-

Rolan MilliganSINDERFA-

There are a few in there that could demand decent money on the market....

Additionally, there are quite a few young core or soon to be core players to re-sign on that list.

Whether Brissett is let go or not, we will likely gain a comp pick or two.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dw49 said:

San Diego has numerous faults that could mean a nasty earthquake .

San Diego rarely has bad quakes.   

Seriously,  I can’t even remember the last one.    The cities that get the worst quakes are the Greater Los Angeles area and the greater San Francisco Bay Area including the east bay and north side as well.

When you talk Cali quakes, that’s typically what most people are talking about. 

• Like 1

You talk to people in the midwest and they froth over fires and quakes. 

You talk to people out west and they are terrified of the idea of a tornado. And 30 below zero. 

The difference, and I DO know this: 

1. The people in the midwest are the best in the country. 

2. The taxes and cost of living in CA are absolutely insane. As is the traffic. Awful.

3. There is nowhere to live in the Bay Area, or for that matter, any of the CA big cities; the cost of housing has left reality.

4. You can live amazingly well in the midwest, especially Indiana. The cost of housing is among the lowest in the nation. Home ownership per capita may be the highest in the nation. 

5. It comes down to weather; can you tolerate 4 tough months out of the year to live a better life? There is no doubt the weather in CA is better. But most people rarely make it to the beach. And they spend the better part of their extra time commuting to and from home. 

6. I choose the midwest. Having lived out west until an adult, I know what I'm talking about. 

7. That said, San Diego is amazing. Too crowded; too expensive; too little opportunity. But a phenomenal place. You just have to adjust to living in your car and lining up for everything. 

I choose life out here. And I am very, very ready for Spring. :headspin:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

No offense, but as someone who was born & raised in Indiana, & lived there until I was 22, I'd take my chances with the earthquake.

Why would I take offense. I live in Huntington Beach Ca. I was just saying there could be natural disasters in SD.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Seriously,  I can’t even remember the last one.    The cities that get the worst quakes are the Greater Los Angeles area and the greater San Francisco Bay Area including the east bay and north side as well.

Similar articles pretty prevalent. I live in Orange county and I agree that LA and San Fran are worse but San Diego has some serous faults. I guess the worst is around Seattle or Portland ? I forget exactly where.

https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-san-diego-quake-20170601-htmlstory.html

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I was out there (SD) on a business trip about 30 years ago and they had three.  I was in a restaurant for the final and biggest at 4.5.  I remember seeing the walls “ripple” but no damage.  

I asked the the waitress if that was normal.  She was obviously scared and shakily said no. It was my first business trip there and I got a true California experience!

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I was out there (SD) on a business trip about 30 years ago and they had three.  I was in a restaurant for the final and biggest at 4.5.  I remember seeing the walls “ripple” but no damage.  

I asked the the waitress if that was normal.  She was obviously scared and shakily said no. It was my first business trip there and I got a true California experience!

In Los Angeles is barely worth mentioning.    Honestly.    Nobody really jays much attention until they get they get over 5.0.   Serious damage doesn’t really happen until a quake reaches 5.5–6.0.

Ive experienced roughly 6-7 quakes of 6.0 in Los Angeles in my roughly 55-60 years of living here.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

In Los Angeles is barely worth mentioning.    Honestly.    Nobody really jays much attention until they get they get over 5.0.   Serious damage doesn’t really happen until a quake reaches 5.5–6.0.

Ive experienced roughly 6-7 quakes of 6.0 in Los Angeles in my roughly 55-60 years of living here.  

I was only about 20 minutes out of the Bay area in 1989.  I guess I can say that was close enough for me.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 10:08 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll predict Brissett to the Giants for a 3rd round pick. They got an extra 3rd in the Beckham trade, and the Giants have Eli at QB and aren't interested in Haskins. Also think the Cardinals take Murray before them. Perfect match for Brissett. Predicting it now!

Want more than a third for Brissett.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Wanting and getting are two different things.

What makes you think he is worth more than a 3rd in todays market?

He's shown he can be a quality starter, experience, and is young. This draft lacks true starting QBs. There are still a half a dozen teams in need. A second is not a stretch. Maybe a high third.

52 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

He's shown he can be a quality starter, experience, and is young. This draft lacks true starting QBs. There are still a half a dozen teams in need. A second is not a stretch. Maybe a high third.

Brissett is 5-12 as a starter and only has 1 year left on is contract.

I highly doubt any team considers Brissett a quality starter and any team would give up anything better than a 3rd round pick for a one year rental.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Brissett is 5-12 as a starter and only has 1 year left on is contract.

I highly doubt any team considers Brissett a quality starter and any team would give up anything better than a 3rd round pick for a one year rental.

The record is not a direct reflection of his skill, it is that of the team.

Blake bortles is not a 10-6 QB, Tony Romo was not an 8-8 QB, Trent Dilfer was not a SB winning calibre QB. 

12 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Next years Free Agents

Anthony CastonzoLTINDUFA-

Devin FunchessWRINDUFAMarket Value

Jabaal SheardOLBINDUFA-

Eric EbronTEINDUFA-

Jack DoyleTEINDUFA-

Adam VinatieriKINDUFA-

Matthias FarleySSINDUFA-

Chester RogersWRINDUFA-

Evan BoehmGINDUFA-

Ryan KellyCINDCO-

Chris MiltonCBINDUFA-

Jacoby BrissettQBINDUFA-

Le'Raven ClarkRTINDUFA-

Hassan RidgewayDEINDUFA-

Gabe HolmesTEINDUFA-

Ross TravisTEINDUFA-

Isaiah JohnsonFSINDUFA-

Jonathan WilliamsRBINDUFA-

James WrightWRINDUFA-

Joe HaegGINDUFA-

Marcus JohnsonWRINDRFA-

Jalen CollinsCBINDRFA-

Carroll PhillipsOLBINDRFA-

Rigoberto SanchezPINDRFA-

Kenny MooreCBINDRFA-

Mo Alie-CoxTEINDERFA-

Skai MooreLBINDERFA-

Daurice FountainWRINDERFA-

Ahmad ThomasSINDERFA-

Rolan MilliganSINDERFA-

There are a few in there that could demand decent money on the market....

Additionally, there are quite a few young core or soon to be core players to re-sign on that list.

Whether Brissett is let go or not, we will likely gain a comp pick or two.

So, maybe this is why we've been quiet in FA this season?  Even if we re-sign half of these guys, there are a lot of holes to fill on the roster next season.

16 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

The solution is 2 houses i guess.  Live in the North for summer and move south for winter. 

There are plenty of people here in FL in the winter that do just that.  They are called 'snow birds'.

Any word on trades?  I'm not very convinced we are going to pull one off.

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

So, maybe this is why we've been quiet in FA this season?  Even if we re-sign half of these guys, there are a lot of holes to fill on the roster next season.

I believe so, yes. If a LT does not materialize over the next year then we'll be forced to re-sign Castonzo and that won't be cheap....Kenny Moore won't be cheap either....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

That list of pending FAs is eye opening. There is no doubt  Ballard is using that reason to hold onto the bulk of the cap $. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a few of these guys extended early. Kenny Moore; Kelly; Doyle; maybe even Castonzo. Which is why the draft is so critical for the Colts. Even with all that money, they won't be able to sign everyone. No doubt in my mind that they will be looking for Castonzo's replacement in the draft....perhaps as early as Day 2 this year. He'll be expensive, and they will have to hedge their bet. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Wow... that does make a lot of sense, seems silly to make Giants fans endure another year of Eli though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoose said:

That list of pending FAs is eye opening. There is no doubt  Ballard is using that reason to hold onto the bulk of the cap $. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a few of these guys extended early. Kenny Moore; Kelly; Doyle; maybe even Castonzo. Which is why the draft is so critical for the Colts. Even with all that money, they won't be able to sign everyone. No doubt in my mind that they will be looking for Castonzo's replacement in the draft....perhaps as early as Day 2 this year. He'll be expensive, and they will have to hedge their bet. 

I don't think AC will be as expensive as many believe.  It will be his 3rd contract and he is on the plus side of 30.  If there is an extension it will be for a couple of years and likely a team friendly amount.  

I do agree that they will be in the LT draft market this year or next.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Narcosys said:

The record is not a direct reflection of his skill, it is that of the team.

Blake bortles is not a 10-6 QB, Tony Romo was not an 8-8 QB, Trent Dilfer was not a SB winning calibre QB. 

If Brissett was thought of as a winning QB throughout the league then why hasn't Ballard had one team interested?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If Brissett was thought of as a winning QB throughout the league then why hasn't Ballard had one team interested?

I believe Ballard has said teams were interested. But he said he would send him to any team. Furthermore, does ballard come across as a guy who announces every little detail about who is interested in whom?

4 hours ago, jskinnz said:

I don't think AC will be as expensive as many believe.  It will be his 3rd contract and he is on the plus side of 30.  If there is an extension it will be for a couple of years and likely a team friendly amount.  

I do agree that they will be in the LT draft market this year or next.

What’s your feeling his contract would look like at a team friendly deal? I’m always curious on what everyone thinks a deal would look like, several times, people on here are pretty dang close.  

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I believe Ballard has said teams were interested. But he said he would send him to any team. Furthermore, does ballard come across as a guy who announces every little detail about who is interested in whom?

No, he does nit come across as a guy who would announce little details.

Which is why it was so surprising when he announced early thus iff-season that he had received zero inquiries on Brissett. 

• Like 1