Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Corner trade rumours

r a y s k i

7 minutes ago, rayski said:

Not the most reliable source, but interesting to note. I could think of some nice options to compliment Desir. Thoughts?

He’s actually been spot on lately. 

Trae Waynes?

• Like 1

Benjamin Allbright is way more reliable than "insiders" like Mike Silver and Jason La Canfora. 

In terms of potential trade targets, I do not really have a clue. I find it difficult for Ballard and company to trade a draft pick, but maybe a late round/conditional. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Think they might be trying to trade brissett

I've seen this mentioned on both Twitter and Reddit, but I don't see them trading away Brissett. He's a valuable member of the locker room that the Colts are continuing to establish.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MTC said:

I've seen this mentioned on both Twitter and Reddit, but I don't see them trading away Brissett. He's a valuable member of the locker room that the Colts are continuing to establish.  

He's also gone next year regardless. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll predict Brissett to the Giants for a 3rd round pick. They got an extra 3rd in the Beckham trade, and the Giants have Eli at QB and aren't interested in Haskins. Also think the Cardinals take Murray before them. Perfect match for Brissett. Predicting it now!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Id like some links to some solid "Brisset being traded" info. I personally don't think it's happening and all i have seen is pure speculation from fans..

I feel like it would have happened by now but maybe if someone misses out on a qb in the draft.  As much as I like Brissett on this team I do want to see him start somewhere.  Can’t wait to root for him. 

14 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Id like some links to some solid "Brisset being traded" info. I personally don't think it's happening and all i have seen is pure speculation from fans..

Just my personal opinion. I don’t think we will trade him. Ballard loves him and I wonder if he will let him hit free agency next year so he can choose his own team. It’s not like we will get much for him. If he doesn’t get a starting job he will probably re sign here and continue as a back up.

If we are doing the sniffing what position would he feel the need to pursue a player for?  We know he values picks but you would have to assume he would be willing to give up a pick to get a player.  ER is the biggest need and I thought a future 2nd. was a good price for Ford.   Crazy thought I know but here we are still sitting with all of that cap space.  Oh well nothing like having fun with a new rumor. 

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If we are doing the sniffing what position would he feel the need to pursue a player for?  We know he values picks but you would have to assume he would be willing to give up a pick to get a player.  ER is the biggest need and I thought a future 2nd. was a good price for Ford.   Crazy thought I know but here we are still sitting with all of that cap space.  Oh well nothing like having fun with a new rumor. 

Right now I would say a safety. Hooker and Farley are the only ones signed. Odum is just a back up.

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Hopefully the trade is for DE Frank Clark. I’d be stoked if we got him for a 2020 3rd or something along those lines. 

That's way low on what it would take to get Clark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MTC said:

Benjamin Allbright is way more reliable than "insiders" like Mike Silver and Jason La Canfora. 

In terms of potential trade targets, I do not really have a clue. I find it difficult for Ballard and company to trade a draft pick, but maybe a late round/conditional. 

Yep . Look at this from Jan 31st.  

Benjamin Allbright‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL

FollowFollow @AllbrightNFL

More

Would not be surprised to see #Dolphins move Tannehill and not worry about QB this draft. Bring in a free agent like Ryan Fitzpatrick. Use 2019 as an evaluation year. Look QB in 2020 draft.

5:57 AM - 31 Jan 2019

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1. If the trade is indeed for a corner back, my gut says it has to be for a high level starter.

Desir and Moore are very good starters, and with Wilson and Collins on the roster, I feel like the ONLY trade that would make sense for that group would be to add a true CB1.

If all of that is true, then Howard from Miami may be the guy. 

2. I definitely think a trade for Jacoby is plausible. Two things have to be there for the trade to happen. 

1. It has to be a place that Jacoby wants to go, and a place that Ballard thinks will be a good spot for him to be successful. This is the number 1 concern for him.

2. It has to be a VERY good return. It'd likely take numerous picks, probably including a 1st rounder. Jacoby just offers this team too much value and safety to be traded for anything less than a true haul of picks.

With that said, its still on the table. All it takes is one team.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

1. It has to be a place that Jacoby wants to go, and a place that Ballard thinks will be a good spot for him to be successful. This is the number 1 concern for him.

2. It has to be a VERY good return. It'd likely take numerous picks, probably including a 1st rounder. Jacoby just offers this team too much value and safety to be traded for anything less than a true haul of picks.

1. False

2. False

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

1. False

2. False

Ballard literally said these exact words.

“It would take somebody doing something that would blow me away, and it has to be the right thing for the kid, too.”

“I’m not just sending him anywhere.”

“This is what I told Jacoby: ‘I’m not giving you away. I won’t do it.' I had chances last year, and I didn’t do it, and I won’t do it again. It would have to be right for the organization and for him.”

So go ahead and correct your post.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I believe ballard when  he said  that about Jacoby. He has never lied. That is why he isn’t going anywhere this year. Next year he will probably let him test FA to see if there is a starting job for him. If there isn’t Jacoby will re sign. I think ballard would gladly give up that pick to let Brissett decide where he wants to go. It is  not like we are going to get much  anyway. Teams probably don’t want to trade for him because he will be a FA next season.

• Like 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I believe ballard when  he said  that about Jacoby. He has never lied. That is why he isn’t going anywhere this year. Next year he will probably let him test FA to see if there is a starting job for him. If there isn’t Jacoby will re sign. I think ballard would gladly give up that pick to let Brissett decide where he wants to go. It is  not like we are going to get much  anyway. Teams probably don’t want to trade for him because he will be a FA next season.

Dont forget, if he lets Jacoby leave in FA next year to be a starter somewhere else, he will get a 3rd round compensatory pick in return due to the size of the contract. So Ballard will get SOMETHING regardless of how he plays this out.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

Dont forget, if he lets Jacoby leave in FA next year to be a starter somewhere else, he will get a 3rd round compensatory pick in return due to the size of the contract. So Ballard will get SOMETHING regardless of how he plays this out.

I don’t think another team will sign him to a big deal in free agency in 2020 so the most Ballard might get is a 4th in compensation. So I believe he’d get more value by trading Brissett before 2020. 

• Like 1

So if he leaves as a free agent we kind of would get the same kind of pick if we traded him. So if Ballard loves him as much as he says I can see him letting him pick his own team in FA. Brissett isn’t worth more than a 3rd or 4th. I don’t think Brissett is going to leave for another backup job. He will stay if he don’t get a starting job.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

I just caution everyone on this. All of our people on this board and the media keep preaching the comp pick for JB next year. But here’s the thing, that pick is not for 2020. It’s for 2021. And we don’t get that pick at all if we pay any outside free agent any significant contract that offsets the comp pick formula. 

So basically if we as dans want some outside help next year and out locker room is ready to add that piece on a big FA contract, it would ultimately offset JB’s deal elsewhere and we’d likely get no comp pick for him. 

A comp pick for him is not guaranteed unless we let him walk and we are inactive ourselves on any top tier talent. So take it w a grain of salt. If people are banking on the comp pick then those same people must be banking on our inactivity next off season as well and this shouldn’t be complaining if we sit on our money again. 

This is why id be all for trading JB now. A pick in 2020 is worth one round less (typically) than 2019. So a pick in 2021 is worth two rounds less than 2019. Even if we got a 3rd in 2021 that’s equal to a 5th this year. 

That means if we can get anything better than a 5-6th this year then we should take it. 

Againits just semantics but it should be said and thought of. 

• Like 4