Jump to content
CR91

Dolphins sign Ryan Fitzpatrick

Recommended Posts

I dont think tanking is a thing, but thats a controversial subject for another thread.  IMO this is purely a backup quarterback signing and the Phins are either trading for Rosen or trading up in the draft.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Rosen is an enigma. Not sure how one would feel if a team is willing to give up on you after 1 year. Former coach calls you "entitled" in an indirect fashion, not sure what to think of him. 

 

If Kyler Murray is drafted 1st by the Cardinals, Rosen is getting traded for sure for a 2nd round pick at worst. Cardinals probably want a 1st, I'd ask them to beat it if they do. They invested a 1st and if they want to get rid of him, it is their problem. They can figure out how to keep him and pay him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes you wonder what is going on in upper management for the Cardinals to be in this turmoil. I thinks Arians only retired to get the heck out of the situation there. His comeback to coach in the NFL shows that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Josh Rosen is an enigma. Not sure how one would feel if a team is willing to give up on you after 1 year. Former coach calls you "entitled" in an indirect fashion, not sure what to think of him. 

 

If Kyler Murray is drafted 1st by the Cardinals, Rosen is getting traded for sure for a 2nd round pick at worst. Cardinals probably want a 1st, I'd ask them to beat it if they do. They invested a 1st and if they want to get rid of him, it is their problem. They can figure out how to keep him and pay him.

 

'Entitled' was the knock on Rosen coming out, so the Head Coach shouldn't have been surprised.

Maybe the GM was. 

Nothing like a good ol' QB over-reach in the draft.....when you don't need one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 QBs since Marino?! How many decades would the Colts or Packers have to back to equal that number? I thought the Texans were bad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King Colt said:

17 QBs since Marino?! How many decades would the Colts or Packers have to back to equal that number? I thought the Texans were bad.

Both got extremely lucky.. I remember thinking good God the Packers got real lucky. But we basically got the same exact deal :yahoo:

 

Soo basically you're telling me the Dolphins will start out 3 or 4-0 and then lose the next 6 bench Fitz.. have him come back for a home match up against the Pats which they'll somehow win, then the following week throw 5 ints. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitzmagic, just enough to derail the 'tank for Tua' train?  ;-)

 

As for Rosen, if AZ can't get a decent (to them) deal, they can pay Josh his <5 million per year for the next 3 years while he holds the clipboard easily, along with Kyler Murray's pay; for less than many teams pay only their starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Fitzmagic, just enough to derail the 'tank for Tua' train?  ;-)

 

As for Rosen, if AZ can't get a decent (to them) deal, they can pay Josh his <5 million per year for the next 3 years while he holds the clipboard easily, along with Kyler Murray's pay; for less than many teams pay only their starter.

 

Well, in that time either Rosen acknowledges his place in the world, or proves his perceived place in the world, or wreaks havoc 'til he's gone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think New England would be a great place for Rosen to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think New England would be a great place for Rosen to go.

 

Eh, he'd get more face time with Kraft if he went to Miami.           :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Fitzmagic, just enough to derail the 'tank for Tua' train?  ;-)

 

Funny thing about "Fitzmagic" is Minkah fitzpatrick filed to trademark that term when Ryan Fitzpatrick started being called it.  Should make for an interesting locker room convo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for Fitzy.  Guy has to be one of the most under-appreciated players in the history of the league.  Has an Ivy League education, and could probably take a desk job anywhere he wants in a front office (and likely will at some point IMHO), yet continues to grind it out on the field and play above expectations everywhere he goes, and yet continues to get moved.  Plus he has one of the best beards in the history of the NFL.  Good for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2019 at 12:04 PM, King Colt said:

17 QBs since Marino?! How many decades would the Colts or Packers have to back to equal that number? I thought the Texans were bad.

the browns have had 31 starting qbs since 1999, the same year marino retired

 

there was a pretty funny article about it before last season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...