Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
rayski

The Herd on Colts FA

In Ballard we trust!

Jay Glazer and Colin Cowherd comment on the silence surrounding the Colts. 

I personally think we haven't missed out on anyone so far in FA at the price tag they were available. Looking forward to the draft!

• Like 1

I burst out laughing when they started talking about GMs/owners who just can't help themselves in FA frenzy because I knew Dan Snyder's name was only seconds away.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol, they act like GM's are foolish(for acquiring Top Talent) and they are smarter and know more than the people that run nfl franchises. haha

25 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Lol, they act like GM's are foolish(for acquiring Top Talent) and they are smarter and know more than the people that run nfl franchises. haha

well at the end of the day statistics show when those teams dont make the playoffs happens every year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadow_Creek said:

well at the end of the day statistics show when those teams dont make the playoffs happens every year

I think the statistics are largely schewd.  The majority of big spenders in FA that have the cap space to constantly acquire top-level talent in FA have been same for the last 10 years. It works for the teams that are in WIN NOW money. Boils down to having elite QB play 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Can't really say I remember a team that has been successful and spent big money in free agency, gotta nail couple of drafts first and then incorporate free agents in the system

Apart from Mosley, I don't think any other "top talent" was worth the contract they got.

• Like 1

Why break the bank for most of these guys wanting huge multi-year deals that only have a few good years left. 

I'm thankful we have a sane GM who knows how to build a lasting winning culture. The go all in crap is for the fans cause it sure isn't going to bring a trophy. Like one of our posters dubbed

Ballard gonna Ballard

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Ballard gonna Ballard

That's my line! lol

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hark said:

That's my line! lol

Hark!! That's who it was lol. I remembered you posting it. 

• Like 1

It’s so true, though. In Ballard we trust.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hark said:

It’s so true, though. In Ballard we trust.

100%

Nearly everyone who has been signed that was "good" has been overpaid.

Mosley, Smith, Collins. I wouldn't have paid those contracts to those guys.

• Like 1