Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Herd on Colts FA

In Ballard we trust!

Jay Glazer and Colin Cowherd comment on the silence surrounding the Colts. 

I personally think we haven't missed out on anyone so far in FA at the price tag they were available. Looking forward to the draft!

25 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Lol, they act like GM's are foolish(for acquiring Top Talent) and they are smarter and know more than the people that run nfl franchises. haha

well at the end of the day statistics show when those teams dont make the playoffs happens every year

1 hour ago, Shadow_Creek said:

well at the end of the day statistics show when those teams dont make the playoffs happens every year

I think the statistics are largely schewd.  The majority of big spenders in FA that have the cap space to constantly acquire top-level talent in FA have been same for the last 10 years. It works for the teams that are in WIN NOW money. Boils down to having elite QB play 

5 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Lol, they act like GM's are foolish(for acquiring Top Talent) and they are smarter and know more than the people that run nfl franchises. haha

Can't really say I remember a team that has been successful and spent big money in free agency, gotta nail couple of drafts first and then incorporate free agents in the system

Apart from Mosley, I don't think any other "top talent" was worth the contract they got.

I'm thankful we have a sane GM who knows how to build a lasting winning culture. The go all in crap is for the fans cause it sure isn't going to bring a trophy. Like one of our posters dubbed

Ballard gonna Ballard

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• That is why I have little faith in them.  Yea their O may improve as the season moves along. However, this D has the ability to make Trubisky look like Marino. I will never buy into as scheme as taking us deep into the playoffs or if we will even make the play offs. Im sorry, but the Jags game was a huge loss for me. Loss to a weaker divsion. Looked severely out coached on defence. This is suppose to b an easy defence for players to learn. The only problem it appears is that it is easy for the opposing offences to learn as well. Also the one thing I absolutely detest is this.  I hear about how hard Eberflus is on the players in grading them after each game. He throws out little  jabs eluding to a players lack of effort in practice and they need ro pick it up. Seriously what has he brought to this D as a coordinator?? I think he needs to be graded and after 2 years and 2 games....meh!!!
    • Somebody on Jets forum suggested they take Lawrence then trade Darnold to Colts for 3rd 
    • Honestly for me, the verdict is still out on both Reich and Flus. Giving Reich a pass given the QB situation last year, but his game plan week 1 was almost as bad as 2019 Miami. Giving Flus a pass for last year, but that ends this year after signing Buckner.    I'm still chuckling over all the folks overreacting about our defense the first two games. Definitely reason for optimism, but we've not played good OLs or good teams. The OLs the nest two weeks aren't anything special either. No reason for us not to be #1 in team D after the first four weeks given the Os we're playing.
    • If the Jets have a top 2 pick and take Lawrence or Fields, how about going after Sam Darnold?  He hasn’t been in a good situation.  Who knows what he could do with a good offensive line and some capable skill players.  He was a 3rd overall pick after all.  Surely, there’s potential there.
    • Dolphins just  hammered the Jags.  I do not have a lot of faith in this Colts team. I expect the offence to improve as the season goes along.   I have little faith in the scheme and less in Eberflus. 
  • Members