Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ColtsBlueFL

Tyreek Hill being investigated / abuse involving minor

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

That’s true. Probably want to make sure the tape can be authenticated also. The nfl just looks bad.

 

The nfl needs to crack down on teams who draft players who have incidents like this before they draft them. Maybe tell them if they draft this player and he does something like that again the team loses a draft pick or is fined.

I don't think the NFL looks bad at all.   It's the off season and the Chiefs have already blocked him from team activities.  

 

It's a tough call when a guy hasn't been charged or convicted of anything yet.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of what happens with the NFL and the courts, I hope Tyreek and the mother learn and grow from this and become good parents.

 

They're both young and need to mature for the sake of their children.

 

That kid and his future siblings deserve better than this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

That’s true. Probably want to make sure the tape can be authenticated also. The nfl just looks bad.

 

The nfl needs to crack down on teams who draft players who have incidents like this before they draft them. Maybe tell them if they draft this player and he does something like that again the team loses a draft pick or is fined.

 

All anyone cares about is the optics. I'm so tired of hearing about how the league and the team look bad. They didn't do anything wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

All anyone cares about is the optics. I'm so tired of hearing about how the league and the team look bad. They didn't do anything wrong. 

Exactly. The team has already banned him from team activities. I am quite sure the NFL will hand down it's punishment if he is found to be guilty.

Not before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Regardless of what happens with the NFL and the courts, I hope Tyreek and the mother learn and grow from this and become good parents.

 

They're both young and need to mature for the sake of their children.

 

That kid and his future siblings deserve better than this.

I hope so too, but I don't see it happening.   This isn't the first incident.   In the past, the money could have hidden several other incidents.   Now that the money is dwindling, it'll be more frequent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That letter is interesting. His attorney is saying his fiancé made all that stuff up to try to get custody because they might seperate. Not that hill should be believed but that isn’t that far fetched. That stuff happens all the time. But his anger in that tape is enough just to suspend him for awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nulled said:

 

You do realize Adrian Peterson beat his kid with a tree branch, right?

 

It was a switch. Not worse than breaking a kid's arm. Is it extreme? Absolutely. I'm not sure I would call it cruel though. 

 

Some people are raised in that type of culture though, where you do things maybe not of that degree, but of that nature to discipline your child. 

 

I'll try not to go too much into this because it's an online forum, but my family comes from a country where maybe 50 years ago, switches would be used to discipline your child. At the end of the day though, you still love your child. Now, they never used it to the extent that AP did, nor did they necessarily use it on kids that young, but I'm just trying to give context into what he did. AP was raised in a culture where that was still okay to do. I found this in an article.

 

"Peterson's family and friends confirmed to USA Today Sports on Monday that he grew up in a household where his father, Nelson Peterson, used whippings as disciplinary measures.

Peterson said "I have always believed that the way my parents disciplined me has a great deal to do with the success I have enjoyed as a man."

 

Now obviously I'm not trying to excuse what he did. Beating a 4 year old with a switch to where he gets a number of bruises and lacerations on his body is not okay. But it's not on the same level as breaking a 3 year old's arm. And clearly AP did it because he thought it was the right way to discipline a child.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Hill didn't break the kids arm, who did then? Casper? casper GIF

KIds have accidents. If that letter is true he was taken to the hospital and there was no allegations of abuse. Woman make stuff up like this all the time. Hill is no saint but to say there is no possibility of her making this up is kind of being inevitable sided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

KIds have accidents. If that letter is true he was taken to the hospital and there was no allegations of abuse. Woman make stuff up like this all the time. Hill is no saint but to say there is no possibility of her making this up is kind of being inevitable sided.

Of course I wasn't there but to me from everything I have read and heard Hill looks guilty to me. I guess the kid fell and it was accident, I highly doubt it but I could be wrong. If it is proven Hill is innocent and she is lying I would be surprised at this point. Women do make stuff up but this looks bad for Hill IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Hill didn't break the kids arm, who did then? Casper? casper GIF

 

Don't you bring The Ghost into this.  TY loves his kids.  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My youngest sister ended up getting  third degree burns from a sodering tool at eight months old. Accidents happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

My youngest sister ended up getting very third degree burns from a sodering tool at eight months old. Accidents happen.

Not saying they don't but abuse happens too. You seem to be giving Hill the benefit of the doubt, I just don't right now. He has a history of already beating up the woman he is with now and that audio sounded bad. He not only didn't deny hitting his kid in the chest on the audio, he threatened her on top of it. Sounds like a guy to me that has a temper problem and he sounds guilty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, esmort said:

 

Better to err on the side of caution, fully investigate, and not getting swept up in the angry mob. It's not like the season starts tomorrow. 

 

18 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

That’s true. Probably want to make sure the tape can be authenticated also. The nfl just looks bad.

 

 

The league is not in a hurry to place on exempt list, or punish yet.  They don't look bad because the are performing due diligence.

 

Quote

 

The nfl needs to crack down on teams who draft players who have incidents like this before they draft them. Maybe tell them if they draft this player and he does something like that again the team loses a draft pick or is fined.

 

NFLPA would never let that pass in a CBA.

 

7 hours ago, Myles said:

I don't think the NFL looks bad at all.   It's the off season and the Chiefs have already blocked him from team activities.  

 

It's a tough call when a guy hasn't been charged or convicted of anything yet.   

 

Exactly, and that action (preventing him  from voluntary OTA activity) might even violate the current CBA. However, if he and the NFLPA decide to fight this, I think Goodell and the league would step in at that point and place him on the exempt list then.  So I think Hill goes to work out at another place while the league investigates.

 

Case has been reopened, but he has never admitted anything either, so they still have to find something to prosecute.  But league might find enough to suspend at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

Don't you bring The Ghost into this.  TY loves his kids.  :P

If TY is reading this, I apologize Ghost :funny: ff preview GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These texts look so fake. I'm mostly waiting to see how it plays out but it wouldn't surprise me if it ends in her taking the fall so that he can make big money.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nulled said:

I can tell you, that to the common person these two actions are pretty similar.

 

???

 

Switching a kid is very, very different from either punching a kid in the chest, or handling him so roughly that his arm is broken. 

 

What common people are you talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

???

 

Switching a kid is very, very different from either punching a kid in the chest, or handling him so roughly that his arm is broken. 

 

What common people are you talking about?

I agree 100%, when I was a kid and got in trouble I got whipped by a belt when I got in trouble on the butt. It only happened a handful of times but at no time did my parents ever grab me wrong, punch me, or abuse me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nulled said:

 

Thanks for that info. I can tell you, that to the common person these two actions are pretty similar. At a high level without context, both kids got beat. That being said, I'm sure Hill didn't intentionally break his child's arm.

 

Either way, there is right around zero chance Hill gets barred from the NFL. He might be suspended for the 2019 season, but that is about it. Like i previously said, after said suspension is over he will be playing football. The Chiefs are wise to make sure it's them.

 

I recognize that it's a business, but if you actually want to change things, you can't sit around and wait for another team to make the first move. Using the same logic, other teams may say "Well, if we don't pick him up, another team definitely will. We should pick him up before they do."

 

And of course from the business side, I don't care what happened to AP, the PR risk would be too great for me to pick up this dude, not to mention the other risk that he won't get into trouble again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

These texts look so fake. I'm mostly waiting to see how it plays out but it wouldn't surprise me if it ends in her taking the fall so that he can make big money.
 

 

That is my guess on how this turns out.    They stand to lose $80 million dollars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

These texts look so fake. I'm mostly waiting to see how it plays out but it wouldn't surprise me if it ends in her taking the fall so that he can make big money.
 

 

I agree, that looks phony. The audio sounded like the truth to me. I feel bad for the kid at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree 100%, when I was a kid and got in trouble I got whipped by a belt when I got in trouble on the butt. It only happened a handful of times but at no time did my parents ever grab me wrong, punch me, or abuse me. 

 

I got the belt once.

 

Once was all it took.

 

:funny:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

I got the belt once.

 

Once was all it took.

 

:funny:

I recall getting it 3 or 4 times but that was over my whole child hood. The last time was enough, I think I was around 10 haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the belt probably 8-15 times.   The worst one was when I stuck a book in my pants.   That punishment was deemed a bare bottom one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Myles said:

I got the belt probably 8-15 times.   The worst one was when I stuck a book in my pants.   That punishment was deemed a bare bottom one.  

When I got mine, I deserved it looking back on it. It was either because I got in trouble in school for being a smart mouth to a teacher or back talking my parents. Once I got into high school I never got in trouble. The 3 or 4 whippings I got made me be a better kid. 

 

"The worst one was when I stuck a book in my pants". You had me rolling on that one. I never thought of doing that one :funny:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the belt a bunch. Got the switch once or twice. My older brother took the worst of it, and I like to think I either learned from his example, or he wore my parents down so much they had no energy left for me.

 

Doesn't make it right. I discipline my daughter differently from the way I was disciplined, but I definitely don't hold anything against my parents for how we were disciplined. But it's not acceptable now, and that's fine. Things change. 

 

Still, I think some people don't understand how cultural differences and upbringing influences stuff like this, even now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

These texts look so fake. I'm mostly waiting to see how it plays out but it wouldn't surprise me if it ends in her taking the fall so that he can make big money.
 

 

 

Yeah, I wonder about the texts. They don't come across as genuine. 

 

But still, we're a far distance from having proved that he abused his son. Yet everyone has accepted it as unassailable fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Superman said:

I got the belt a bunch. Got the switch once or twice. My older brother took the worst of it, and I like to think I either learned from his example, or he wore my parents down so much they had no energy left for me.

 

Doesn't make it right. I discipline my daughter differently from the way I was disciplined, but I definitely don't hold anything against my parents for how we were disciplined. But it's not acceptable now, and that's fine. Things change. 

 

Still, I think some people don't understand how cultural differences and upbringing influences stuff like this, even now. 

Yeah I do not have any kids but if I did I couldn't imagine even whipping them on the butt with a belt like I got a few times. I am just not like that. It is just different today too, back in the 80's kids got the belt a lot if they acted up. I understand why my parents did it too so no regrets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

Yeah, I wonder about the texts. They don't come across as genuine. 

 

But still, we're a far distance from having proved that he abused his son. Yet everyone has accepted it as unassailable fact.

I am not going to say it is 100% fact that Hill did everything he is being accused of. None of us know that but from the evidence/or from what I have read he looks guilty. If I had to put a % on whether or not he abused his kid by punching him, I would say it is close to 100%, JMO. Whether he broke his arm I would say that is 50/50, not sure what to believe on that one. The audio just sounded real/truth and the texts look like now she is covering for him. Nobody is going to put in a text that they abused their kid like she did. She is admitting to a crime and child abuse by doing so. The texts make this look worse for Hill and makes her look really bad. Hill also clearly threatened her on the audio, that is a crime by itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

Yeah, I wonder about the texts. They don't come across as genuine. 

 

But still, we're a far distance from having proved that he abused his son. Yet everyone has accepted it as unassailable fact.


Yeah, nothing's proven yet.

Only thing that's really factual at this point, or at least is IMO, is that these two are in a toxic relationship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I had to put a % on whether or not he abused his kid by punching him, I would say it is close to 100%, JMO.

 

Here's my thing: Your opinion of the likelihood of whether he did something wrong or not doesn't count. Yet, in general, we're acting like the fact that everyone has decided that they believe he's guilty means the Chiefs and the league should take action against him.

 

And the other question is whether anyone has actually thought about what action should be taken if he actually is guilty of what he's been accused of. It's just an automatic 'get rid of him, he's scum,' and I have spent a lot of time questioning whether that's actually the best approach, whether he's scum or not. Whether he ever plays again or not. 

 

It's a zero sum, either/or proposition right now. Either the Chiefs cut him and the league suspends him for a long time, or the Chiefs and the league don't care about domestic violence. And that's unfair, and not a healthy approach to this situation -- or any situation involving wrongdoing of any kind by a public figure. Just getting rid of people who do wrong things doesn't do anything except feed the outrage machine. It's not an actual solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

Here's my thing: Your opinion of the likelihood of whether he did something wrong or not doesn't count. Yet, in general, we're acting like the fact that everyone has decided that they believe he's guilty means the Chiefs and the league should take action against him.

 

And the other question is whether anyone has actually thought about what action should be taken if he actually is guilty of what he's been accused of. It's just an automatic 'get rid of him, he's scum,' and I have spent a lot of time questioning whether that's actually the best approach, whether he's scum or not. Whether he ever plays again or not. 

 

It's a zero sum, either/or proposition right now. Either the Chiefs cut him and the league suspends him for a long time, or the Chiefs and the league don't care about domestic violence. And that's unfair, and not a healthy approach to this situation -- or any situation involving wrongdoing of any kind by a public figure. Just getting rid of people who do wrong things doesn't do anything except feed the outrage machine. It's not an actual solution.

Lets say he is indeed guilty of punching his kid in chest? What do you suggest the Chiefs and the league to do? They have to do something. I would not want him on the Colts, so glad it isn't our problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nulled said:

 

i'd have to say a good majority of the population. I follow football, and I just learned what a "switch" was when the AP incident happened.

 

I still believe that a majority of the US doesn't know what that is, and will see the incidents similarly. I believe men in black said it best... A person is smart, but people are dumb panicky animals.

 

Are you younger than 30?

 

That MiB quote is one of my favorite. I just happen to think the general reaction of 'get rid of him!' before knowing the facts is an example of people being dumb, panicky animals...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets say he is indeed guilty of punching his kid in chest? What do you suggest the Chiefs and the league to do? They have to do something. I would not want him the Colts, so glad it isn't our problem.

 

I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all solution. It would depend on the person, the circumstances, and whether I think my organization can help him or not. And my strategy would be independent from my football operation, to whatever extent that's possible. In other words, I wouldn't be hoping I can hang on to him while everything blows over just because he makes my team better. My main objective would be to help him, and his family, if there's a legit opportunity to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all solution. It would depend on the person, the circumstances, and whether I think my organization can help him or not. And my strategy would be independent from my football operation, to whatever extent that's possible. In other words, I wouldn't be hoping I can hang on to him while everything blows over just because he makes my team better. My main objective would be to help him, and his family, if there's a legit opportunity to do so.

Well like you said we do not know all the facts, if he is guilty I think he should be suspended for the year as there is no excuse IMO for repeated abuse of a kid. If I was a GM I would cut him as well. If the evidence isn't 100% clear, of course that is different. I just think as of now, the evidence looks not in his favor hence my earlier posts. I am all for 2nd chances too but he has already had that after abusing the girl he is with now while she was pregnant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those texts look fake to me also. Like they said that for her to take the fall and continue the gravy train of the nfl. She is as big of a loser as he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Those texts look fake to me also. Like they said that for her to take the fall and continue the gravy train of the nfl. She is as big of a loser as he is.

I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I still have a hard time believing this. Rest in peace Kobe. Prayers for Kobe's and the other victim's families of this awful tragedy.
    • Any one else catch the parts about Chad Kelly. About how he has to show them they can trust him off the field? I’m not pushing for Chad Kelly as our next Qb, but I found that part interesting. Almost makes me wonder IF he’s not gonna get his shot at the starting job regardless of FA or the Draft results.
    • Burrow was not thought of this highly early(when Ballard was rumored to like Herbert and Love). It was kind of an avalanche that was gaining more and more mass and power the more games got played. I don't think it was until November-December that people started talking about Burrow as a no. 1 pick. He just never had that body of work before this year and a lot of his most impressive games and against best opponents were at the end of the year.        I've heard Brady thrown around, but no idea if there is anything real behind those rumors. The rumors say that they are having hard time attracting any fans to their games and their owners think getting a legend like Brady to play for several years for them might jump start their new fanbase in LA. No idea whether to believe this or not. 
    • To me being a boom or bust is kind of a plus for a QB, because the worst you can be is mediocre once that rookie contract comes to an end. I would prefer for whoever we draft to be either great or horrible and for us to know relatively quickly so we can either invest in him or move on quickly. This is part of the appeal with Love for me. The things he needs to improve are heavily coaching based and I think we will have a good idea of where on the spectrum he will end up pretty quickly. For example - if you draft him and he's not ready to start by year 2, this is a red flag and you might start looking for another one. If 2 off-seasons and 1 in-season period are not enough for your coaching staff to get him ready you either have made a mistake with the draft pick or with your coaching staff and I do have good trust in the coaching staff so... 
    • For me the tiers are more important the the specific ranking... I rank players within a tier very similarly and even though I would have preferences within them, I don't feel strongly enough to argue one over the other.    Tier 1(sell the farm for him - i.e. multiple 1sts, multiple day 2 picks, etc) Burrow   Tier 2 (trade a significant asset for him - i.e. a future 1st round pick) Tua(if I have medical guarantees he'd be alright health-wise)   Tier 3 (trade a medium level asset for him(i.e. a second, a third...) or take him at #13) Love Herbert Tua(if our medical staff cannot give you any guarantees whatsoever either way -for example, there were some reports that it might be too early before the draft to tell whether he will be good or not)   Tier 4 (second round) Eason Fromm     Tier 5 (third-fourth round) Gordon(have to do more work on him, might change his ranking) Hurts   Tier 6 (round 5-7) Tua(if the medicals come bad and there is high risk of reinjury/retirement/not full recovery/etc.) Tyler Huntley Nate Stanley     I'm still watching some QBs so that's not my final ranking. 
  • Members

    • MikeCurtis

      MikeCurtis 1,742

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • bWild

      bWild 57

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nickster

      Nickster 329

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • pacolts56

      pacolts56 3,713

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fluke_33

      Fluke_33 1,047

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • mirobi48

      mirobi48 34

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Colt.45

      Colt.45 87

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Kirie89

      Kirie89 22

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • indykmj

      indykmj 1

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 6,920

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...