Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FirsTime

2019 Free Agency Wants Post First Wave

Recommended Posts

 Who does everyone want out of remaining in FA available? and Why? 

 

It seems like Ballard is late to the party again during free agency, but for the better. A lot of extremely high prices in my opinion. 

 

Here's a few guys I like with a hail marry. 

 

Clayton Geathers S -  I have been big on him from the start. I think there just letting him shop around so he sees his market with his own eyes then we HOPEFULLY end up locking him down for a few years.  

 

Danny Shelton DT  - Be nice to steal a pat and to get a anchor for the middle of our D-Line. He will be 26 this year. He may have signed already. I think I remember seeing it, but when I'm looking it up now it says he is still available. If he is still available this is my biggest want. 

 

Justin Houston Pass Rush - May have a couple years in the tank may want to come to a contender and give us a discount. We need another good pass rusher and the man has been doing it consistently for a couple years or so... He is on the older side but we need some pass rush love. 

 

Zach Brown LB  - A tackling machine. See ball get ball. Doing it will for six years. You're going to get 100 tackles, a couple sacks, and maybe a pick. If he starts, Anthony Walker keeps getting better. Could just be a depth signing so we can use more draft capital to build up these lines. 

 

Nick Perry Edge -  nothing guaranteed all prove it. I think he's got it he just doesn't want it. EXTREMELY high risk with a decent reward(are you feeling lucky punk?)  He can't stay healthy. Maybe a change from OLB to DE would keep him healthier and hungrier. Maybe a change of scenery would help him out. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Nobody at this point. Just prepare for the draft and trade Brissett for someone or some picks. Most of what’s  out there is old players or scrubs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah at this point might as well look towards the draft. Im sure Ballard will sign some guys nobody's heard of though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

Yeah at this point might as well look towards the draft. Im sure Ballard will sign some guys nobody's heard of though.

Well I guess if Ballard has heard of them that puts him out of the class of nobody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well I guess if Ballard has heard of them that puts him out of the class of nobody.

:rollseyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barring injury replacements, we are reasonably set pre-draft.
We need NO old bodies as we are developing our own players and they must get playing time ASAP.
 I liked Clayton's promise, and he could contribute. But again barring injury i believe we already have 3 53 man roster safeties, so i think CB drafts 2 to develop.
 And one will probably play a lot. That would leave CG the odd man out perhaps.
A shame really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to know the numbers that both Clayton Geathers and Inman are hearing from other teams because I would like both of them back if possible. It’s smart for Ballard to allow both of them to see the market and decide whether another team can provide them not only a nice payday but a positive locker room as they’ve been preaching here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I would love to know the numbers that both Clayton Geathers and Inman are hearing from other teams because I would like both of them back if possible. It’s smart for Ballard to allow both of them to see the market and decide whether another team can provide them not only a nice payday but a positive locker room as they’ve been preaching here. 

 

Odds are Inman either doesn’t have an offer yet...   or it’s something close to the NFL veterans minimum.   He’ll likely have to wait a while if he’s looking for a lot more.

 

As for Geathers...  if you believe the tweet from a family member, it was interpreted as he’s got a big money offer out there.   Maybe that’s the wrong read?  Maybe it was just an encouragement to go out and get his now that FA is starting.    I wouldn’t think he’s being offered the veterans minimum, but he’d be offered a modest base with some level of incentives to juice his salary.   

 

Just speculation on my part, but with how things have unfolded, I don’t think either view is unreasonable.

 

Last thought...  this is now the bargain season of free agency, where Ballard typically shines.  But things will happen at a much slower pace.   Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Odds are Inman either doesn’t have an offer yet...   or it’s something close to the NFL veterans minimum.   He’ll likely have to wait a while if he’s looking for a lot more.

 

As for Geathers...  if you believe the tweet from a family member, it was interpreted as he’s got a big money offer out there.   Maybe that’s the wrong read?  Maybe it was just an encouragement to go out and get his now that FA is starting.    I wouldn’t think he’s being offered the veterans minimum, but he’d be offered a modest base with some level of incentives to juice his salary.   

 

Just speculation on my part, but with how things have unfolded, I don’t think either view is unreasonable.

 

Last thought...  this is now the bargain season of free agency, where Ballard typically shines.  But things will happen at a much slower pace.   Oh well.

It’s tough to figure out Inman. He was nearly out of the NFL until we signed him. He shined many times for us when he played. Seemed to catch the balls he was thrown yet he struggles to catch an offer from us or the outside...so far of course. Maybe he is taking the patient approach but if we offered him anything over 3 million a year, I would have expected him to take it and enjoy the rest of his career. Maybe he is hedging his bets or maybe we just said we are going younger and good luck. Hard to know. 

 

As for Geathers, I’d have a hard time believing he has been offered any large contracts from an outside team knowing his injury history. Maybe he gets a small base contract and it’s all loaded in playing time and other incentives but my guess is that tweet was in hopes of someone panicking and offering something to him quicker with a decent amount of money. I’d be more surprised if he didn’t come back here on a 1 year deal tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see a Brissett trade happen and see what we receive in return.  It could give us more ammunition for another move.   Player wise I wouldn't mind if we just waited for more cuts to happen.   I don't see the urgency to go after any player currently available.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

It’s tough to figure out Inman. He was nearly out of the NFL until we signed him. He shined many times for us when he played. Seemed to catch the balls he was thrown yet he struggles to catch an offer from us or the outside...so far of course. Maybe he is taking the patient approach but if we offered him anything over 3 million a year, I would have expected him to take it and enjoy the rest of his career. Maybe he is hedging his bets or maybe we just said we are going younger and good luck. Hard to know. 

 

As for Geathers, I’d have a hard time believing he has been offered any large contracts from an outside team knowing his injury history. Maybe he gets a small base contract and it’s all loaded in playing time and other incentives but my guess is that tweet was in hopes of someone panicking and offering something to him quicker with a decent amount of money. I’d be more surprised if he didn’t come back here on a 1 year deal tbh. 

 Good post.    

 

The only reason I don’t think we’ve told Inman we’re moving on from him is that Inman hasn’t gone public with that news.

 

Inman himself went public saying he wanted to come back to Indy.  If we were moving on from him, I’d think he’d tweet the news and he’d be saying goodbye to Colts Nation.   That would be my hope at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would like to see a Brissett trade happen and see what we receive in return.  It could give us more ammunition for another move.   Player wise I wouldn't mind if we just waited for more cuts to happen.   I don't see the urgency to go after any player currently available.  

 

Wrong thread. You have about 40 trade Brissett threads don't you????? Stop hijacking threads. Geez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring back Geathers on a 1 year deal. We don't know what his injury situation is though. For all we know he could be mulling whether or not he wants to play again, like Mewhort.

 

The only outside guy that I'd be interested in is DT Darius Philon from he Chargers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • For you to say eye test, you'd have to watch them all play college football and weight that, because that's all they have in common.    And you can't assume none could improve a NFL record from the previous year without giving them the opportunity to do so.    It's like saying a caterpillar doesn't pass the eye test vs the butterfly when it comes to flying.... . 
    • I was critical of Luck when he did bad. Bad is bad. The overwhelming majority of his product performance was good though. JB just has good moments, and isn't even good at many of the basics.    Like I said, it's like dating. JB is like the girl that's OK looking, cooks bland, boring conversationalist, isn't great in bed, but never ever accidentally farts (INTs) when company is over. She's very happy with you because you've treated her better than anyone else ever has. You hate to break her heart and dump her because she's not horrible, but you just want more.   Give me the girl that makes her chili on the hot side, a bit naughty, makes me laugh, and I'll put up with the occasional stinker when the neighbors come by.
    • probably gotta be Wilson or Murray, and I'd lean more towards Murray. Did you start Engram afterall?
    • If they suck, they suck. You keep looking for the right one until you find the right one. It's just like dating.    Whoever it is, they'll be coming into a good situation. 
    • Be careful what you wish for, it may not be as good as what you had is the old saying. JB isn't Luck but he may be better than anyone we can draft this season. After having Peyton and Luck I just feel like this forum will be critical of anyone. There were several good posters on here critical of Luck because he followed Peyton  
  • Members

    • esmort

      esmort 1,594

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • 2006Coltsbestever

      2006Coltsbestever 24,431

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 2,569

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 9,134

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Freenyfan102

      Freenyfan102 213

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Solon

      Solon 563

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • T-Cubed

      T-Cubed 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 6,185

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hoose

      Hoose 844

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ReMeDy

      ReMeDy 2,743

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...