Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fo the colture podcast Desir, funchess, and free agency

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Some good analysis here on Funchess. How we might move TY to the slot more because he will kill defenses. Anyone on the fence about Funchess should listen. They talk a little free agency and Desir also.

I was about to post this! Thanks Chloe! :thmup:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think they were right on about Hilton playing in the slot more and using his speed. Could be fun.

I'm only 10 mins through as I was a bit busy, but I agree with that. These guys absolutely get me pumped when hearing about the Colts. No one else can give me the same feeling beside Ballard himself.

• Like 3

They also said that it’s false that funchess has bad hands. They said he has great hands. The problem he has is he needs to learn to put his hands out there for the ball quicker because he lets it hit his body first. The receivers coach and Reich should be able to help them clean that up. Also some good analysis why funchess and Williams are the same guy and why funchess was the better way to go.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

They also said that it’s false that funchess has bad hands. They said he has great hands. The problem he has is he needs to learn to put his hands out there for the ball quicker because he lets it hit his body first. The receivers coach and Reich should be able to help them clean that up. Also some good analysis why funchess and Williams are the same guy and why funchess was the better way to go.

Can't wait to get to this part. I'll be all ears.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My only worry with Funchess now is his body catching. I still hope we draft a WR somewhat early for competition as it can easily become a strength.

With a good receivers coach and Reich I don’t see why that can’t be cleaned up.

i also loved the part where they were talking about that running back from Phily. Saying if he can still play it will be like thunder and lightening with Mack. I hope if he passed his physical we can get him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My only worry with Funchess now is his body catching. I still hope we draft a WR somewhat early for competition as it can easily become a strength.

I think we draft a WR but I don't think it will be in the first 2 rounds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

With a good receivers coach and Reich I don’t see why that can’t be cleaned up.

i also loved the part where they were talking about that running back from Phily. Saying if he can still play it will be like thunder and lightening with Mack. I hope if he passed his physical we can get him.

47 mins through, just reached it. I think we sign Ajayi. Not a strong RB class, and Ajayi is an excellent power back.Love the combo, and Hines and Wilkins compliment them perfectly.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So has Funchess never been coached by a WR coach in the NFL or college? 

He's probably been coached to not catch with his body his entire career, yet he still does.

Frank said he can handle a few drops.

Devin hasn't been that bad. Quit over reacting and go look at the tape of him.

32 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Do you have a problem with everyone who doesn't pump sunshine about Funchess?

Good lord. You like him. That's your right. Others think differently, and that's their right.  

Stats and past performance won't change your mind, and your stat-less opinions aren't going to change anyone's mind either. DogDew will cheer hard for DF to succeed once the season starts, and that's all that matters. 

sunshine_pump_by_steven0560.jpg

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

He's probably been coached to not catch with his body his entire career, yet he still does.

That doesn’t mean he had good ones. Look thus  is something that can be corrected if it turns out to be a issue here in Indy.

59 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Do you have a problem with everyone who doesn't pump sunshine about Funchess?

Good lord. You like him. That's your right. Others think differently, and that's their right.  

Stats and past performance won't change your mind, and your stat-less opinions aren't going to change anyone's mind either. DogDew will cheer hard for DF to succeed once the season starts, and that's all that matters. 

sunshine_pump_by_steven0560.jpg

No I don't have a problem at all with anyone's opinion.

The only problem I have is someone who writes War and Peace in every thread trying to get them to think like them. And then post a horse dung meme aimed at those who don't.

43 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Ballard had made it clear he will build from the draft as opposed to the FA. That makes the upcoming draft more intense for the fans. This is going to be a long wait for the season to start.

So much that will be happening over the next few months and this issue with Funchess will be put on the back burner as it should be.

I for one am looking forward to the exciting times coming up.

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I believe he had a top 5 catch percentage in 2017 but obviously fell off in 2018 but Cam isn’t the most accurate passer. As others have says he tends to catch with his body but that can be hopefully be coached out of him. He has super crisp routes especially for someone his size so I’m really excited for this signing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MightyLucks said:

I believe he had a top 5 catch percentage in 2017 but obviously fell off in 2018 but Cam isn’t the most accurate passer. As others have says he tends to catch with his body but that can be hopefully be coached out of him. He has super crisp routes especially for someone his size so I’m really excited for this signing. 

I gravitate toward the younger guys in FA, so I'll give him the benefit that he can learn. It's coachable, and he has the size, so we'll see how it works out. 

11 hours ago, DougDew said:

We all got on Garcon for doing the same thing. To his credit he cleaned it up once he left and has had a pretty good career.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I'm not over reacting.  I'm merely taking what others say, including the interview, and illustrating that there is no reason to think that when the Great Ballard bestows him with a contract, everything bad he's done will be washed away with the Ballard (holy) water.

Funchess has been coached before, and whatever he does he'll probably still do.  The only thing that's different is that Reich will be calling the plays, and Luck will be throwing to him, so he'll probably improve his catch rate because of that.

27 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

We all got on Garcon for doing the same thing. To his credit he cleaned it up once he left and has had a pretty good career.

I'm not criticizing Funchess.  I've never watched him much.  I'm going with what others have observed and saying that there is no reason he will change just because the Colts coaching staff will now coach him to not catch with his body.  I'm sure he's been coached to not do that his entire career, and yet he does (if what others say are true).

I think the signing is fine.  Its a one year deal, a stop gap, so there's no real reason to be all that positive or negative about it.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

I'm not over reacting.  I'm merely taking what others say, including the interview, and illustrating that there is no reason to think that when the Great Ballard bestows him with a contract, everything bad he's done will be washed away with the Ballard (holy) water.

Funchess has been coached before, and whatever he does he'll probably still do.  The only thing that's different is that Reich will be calling the plays, and Luck will be throwing to him, so he'll probably improve his catch rate because of that.

Exactly, what other say. Go watch the tapes for yourself.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Exactly, what other say. Go watch the tapes for yourself.

I don't care that much.  I'll just watch him next season.  

I have no opinion on his catching.  But if any 26 year old receiver still catches with his body, its likely that he will continue to catch with his body despite what team's coaches are working with him.  That was the only point of my comment.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Which then opens the possibility for Ballard to draft a future "#1" at 26.  

While anything is possible I highly doubt that Ballard is drafting a WR in the 1st round.

I would think pass rush and or a defensive lineman is more in order. Very seldom is a draft as loaded with good defensive players than this one coming up.

9 hours ago, DougDew said:

I'm not criticizing Funchess.  I've never watched him much.  I'm going with what others have observed and saying that there is no reason he will change just because the Colts coaching staff will now coach him to not catch with his body.  I'm sure he's been coached to not do that his entire career, and yet he does (if what others say are true).

I think the signing is fine.  Its a one year deal, a stop gap, so there's no real reason to be all that positive or negative about it.

Well said. Ballard sees something worth investing in and if it does not work he is not stuck with a long contract. Obviously he likes something there that he will mold in to a positive. It is likely a WR picked in the draft is going to see playing time.