Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Look Out - Houston Is Now In The Manning Race

Peyton and Eli fan

I was born in Indianapolis, raised in NW Indiana in the Chicago TV viewing area, joined the service and got transferred a lot, move to Texas after discharge, move back to Indiana.

I didn't have a lot of choice as to which team was my favorite until I came home again when I chose the Colts over the more local Bears so sometimes a favorite team isn't something that just happens. You have to think about it for a while.

But you were born in Indy. It's your hometown. I get this.

Would you become a Falcons fan first, and an Indy fan second, if ATL drafted one of your favorite college players?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But you were born in Indy. It's your hometown. I get this.

Would you become a Falcons fan first, and an Indy fan second, if ATL drafted one of your favorite college players?

I've always watched football, I remember watching the "Ice Bowl" in '67 as a teen and being amazed at the passion of the players to be there in such demanding conditions. I've loved football since.

I watched the Dallas Cowboys for 14 years, knew stats, names, records, etc. because I worked in construction and in Texas you talk football every day, they love their football.

But I was never a fan of any team until my home finally got one, and it will never change.

I would be mad. There's a few teams out there that can become contenders if Peyton signs with them, I doesn't have to be the Texans. I don't think he will though. For 1, it would tarnish his legacy with Colts fans, they are the ones that really supported him his entire career. But I don't think he wants to do that to Irsay or the fans. I don't think he wants to get in Indy's way or Eli's.

And Irsay didn't want to cut Peyton, but he said it was in the best interest of the team, and did so. Well if Peyton thinks this is in the best interest of his team I say go for it. Beside I think people would want to see luck and Peyton over the next 3-4 yrs rather then Brady and Peyton. I know the media would love, as would I.

Why would you guys want Peyton playing us twice a year when he could be playing Brady in the afceast???

Why wouldn't Peyton want face the Colts twice a year to show Irsay he was a fool to let him go over facing one of his better friends TWICE a year? I know I rather show my former employer they messed up more than trying beat up on my buddy, but thats just me lol

Why wouldn't Peyton want face the Colts twice a year to show Irsay he was a fool to let him go over facing one of his better friends TWICE a year? I know I rather show my former employer they messed up more than trying beat up on my buddy, but thats just me lol

You are not alone

I have been a Colt fan for 14 years and followed this forum for years but never posted here before now. Here is a little background. I grew up a fan of Archie and followed Peyton at Tenn and was devastated when he didn't win the Heisman, which I thought he deserved. I pull for Eli and am thrilled at his success. At the time the Colts drafted Peyton I was a Falcon fan (closest team to me) and I immediately became a Colt fan and I will remain one unless Colt fans turn on him. I know his release was just business, but it hurt me because it hurt Peyton - my children have grown up looking up to him - he is just a great role model and athlete!!!

For 14 years Peyton carried this team; he made mediocre talent look great; everyone in NFL says he is top 5 of all time; he was his biggest critic when they lost any game; he took responsibility for losing; he never talked badly about his fellow teammates; he gave back to your city ten-fold; he never once humiliated you or your city (and that is getting rare these days); his work ethic is touted by everyone in the NFL as the best; AND his HEART clearly belongs to the Colts and to Indianapolis as evidenced by his fairwell speech (which I still can't watch without crying). Peyton handled his release, as he did his entire career with the Colts, with class - and who did he thank? He thanked all of you for giving him the honor of being your quarterback!!! What does he get in return?

Since last week, I have been reading all the posts on all these threads and I just had to sign up and give my perspective from someone who is not a "True Colt Fan". I know you don't care what I think, but I just have to get it off my chest! Really, go through and read all the comments since last week - all I can say is I am disappointed and amazed. I am having a difficult time reading the comments from all the "True Colt Fans" on this forum about where Peyton should and shouldn't go; how YOU will not support him if he goes to a certain team, how he was paid so much money for not doing anything last year; how it is time for him to retire, blah, blah, blah - seriously go back and read some of this garbage!

REALLY, if that is what it means to be a "True Colt Fan" then I am glad I do not fall into that category! Peyton never missed a game; played hurt, and never complained. He wanted to be a Colt but in the end his choice was either to retire or be released. I think all of you know that he is the master of preparation and if he believes he can play then that is good enough for me and it should be good enough for you! EVERYONE who is a Colts fan should be cheering him every time he takes the field, regardless of the team or whether he wins or loses. You should cheer the fact that he loves his job (how many of you can say that?); is still displaying that awesome work ethic (first one to get to work and last to leave - how many of you can say that?); still being a great role model!

Peyton wants another ring and all Colts fans or Manning fans should be praying he gets his chance with whatever team he chooses. The feeling of the Colts fans should not be in the picture - as many have posted on here - he is no longer your quarterback! The Texans are obviously his best chance at another Super Bowl if they even give him an offer. Some of you are even comparing that possible move to Bret Farve - REALLY??? Please people - that is such a stretch!!! Peyton isn't after limelight and you all know it! He is just a 36 yr-old who is still chasing his dreams and this fan is just shocked so many of you want to extinguish it!

Do not put strings on Peyton's future. He certainly does not deserve that from any Colt fan - true or otherwise. He knows the risks - he knows the pressure that will be on him to perform and he is ready to take that risk. Has he not at least earned that much respect from Colt fans after 14 years???

Best post i read by far.

I think he should stay out of Indy's division. Its like dating your best friends ex, it shouldn't be done.

Then Irsay shouldnt have just released him. He has the right to play anywhere he chooses is the best situation for him and to win. I hate to see it, but then the Colts should have held on to him and traded him to a team the could have gotten something for.

If you live in Crown Point Indiana

what's your team?

I feel like you're asking me this because it's right in the middle of two teams. If that's the case, then it's whichever team you want. But switching around after you've picked is lame.

Then Irsay shouldnt have just released him. He has the right to play anywhere he chooses is the best situation for him and to win. I hate to see it, but then the Colts should have held on to him and traded him to a team the could have gotten something for.

Peyton's 1 year contract extension this past season with Irsay & Polian contained a "no trade clause" in the fine print. The Colts couldn't have traded #18 even if they wanted to. That's the beauty of high priced lawyers & agents. Plus, Peyton would have been smart & sharp enough to see through a devious ploy like that one from a mile away anyway.

In addition, the Colts did not have enough cap room space to hold onto #18 as well. It would literally hamstring & cripple our franchise financially.

I feel like you're asking me this because it's right in the middle of two teams. If that's the case, then it's whichever team you want. But switching around after you've picked is lame.

I think it's boring for your favorite team to automatically be where you are from...

Be creative, you don't have to be from Indiana to be a colts fan... just like you don't have to be from Texas to be a Texan's fan. I'm a colts fan because I liked the players and how the organization was run. That just sounds so boring, be a fan of your hometown team just because they're your hometown team... It's more than just that.

I've always watched football, I remember watching the "Ice Bowl" in '67 as a teen and being amazed at the passion of the players to be there in such demanding conditions. I've loved football since.

I watched the Dallas Cowboys for 14 years, knew stats, names, records, etc. because I worked in construction and in Texas you talk football every day, they love their football.

But I was never a fan of any team until my home finally got one, and it will never change.

I saw the ice bowl too. Great game. I was in New England at the time. I didn't know we had a team..that's how obscure they were:)

Was that a QB sneak that won the game? or a run play?

I think it's boring for your favorite team to automatically be where you are from...

Be creative, you don't have to be from Indiana to be a colts fan... just like you don't have to be from Texas to be a Texan's fan. I'm a colts fan because I liked the players and how the organization was run. That just sounds so boring, be a fan of your hometown team just because they're your hometown team... It's more than just that.

OK, last time I'm gonna say it, it's the SWITCHING that makes it lame. Jesus. Read my original post and every one after that. I'm pretty sure I mention that every time.

I saw the ice bowl too. Great game. I was in New England at the time. I didn't know we had a team..that's how obscure they were:)

Was that a QB sneak that won the game? or a run play?

The Boston Patriots weren't very memorable anyway, it was a Bart Starr sneak.

OK, last time I'm gonna say it, it's the SWITCHING that makes it lame. Jesus. Read my original post and every one after that. I'm pretty sure I mention that every time.

Oh lol, I think you are misinterpreting the original poster that's why I didn't understand what you were saying, I thought you meant something else instead.

I bet she is still a fan of the Falcons, but she is a fan of the colts because of Peyton Manning. She never said she switched allegiance from the Falcons, she just got a new team to like is what I think she was trying to say.

Usually a favorite team is the one you watched on TV growing up so the local one is almost always it. In the case of where I live in Northwest Indiana, the local team is Chicago but as I grew up in Indy we didn't have a team until adulthood so it was easy to take the hometown team over the local team.

I do have a question though, how do you grow up watching a team and not have them as your favorite?

Usually a favorite team is the one you watched on TV growing up so the local one is almost always it. In the case of where I live in Northwest Indiana, the local team is Chicago but as I grew up in Indy we didn't have a team until adulthood so it was easy to take the hometown team over the local team.

I do have a question though, how do you grow up watching a team and not have them as your favorite?

There is no team haha. Plus I liked every team because they had cool names.

I bet she is still a fan of the Falcons, but she is a fan of the colts because of Peyton Manning. She never said she switched allegiance from the Falcons, she just got a new team to like is what I think she was trying to say.

Seems to me that she's more of a Colts fan just because of Manning. Whatever. I GET it, but I still would never do it myself.

I don't know.

The Texan's owner said in a radio interview that they would not be bringing in Manning as they are happy with Schaub. Also said that the Titans' pursuit of Manning didn't worry him because "We've beat him before when he's healthy. We'll do it again."

Well, yeah, I guess you have beat him before...once. In eighteen tries. What a moronic statement.

Peyton's 1 year contract extension this past season with Irsay & Polian contained a "no trade clause" in the fine print. The Colts couldn't have traded #18 even if they wanted to. That's the beauty of high priced lawyers & agents. Plus, Peyton would have been smart & sharp enough to see through a devious ploy like that one from a mile away anyway.

In addition, the Colts did not have enough cap room space to hold onto #18 as well. It would literally hamstring & cripple our franchise financially.

Trading Peyton was really just a swipe at Irsay. Anyways, lets not talk about crippleing a franchise when Jim was more then willing to "cripple" the franchise when he gave him the big contract. That doesnt make any since. Why would he have given Peyton a huge contract like that if it was so horrible for the franchise. There was nothing wrong with the contract until he couldnt play one season and Irsay had a chance to pick up a number 1 QB selection. Then the money seemed to be a problem.

I think he should stay out of Indy's division. Its like dating your best friends ex, it shouldn't be done.

It's also a nigh-guaranteed 6 wins a season + division title/playoff berth and one of the most talented teams in football overall. (Even WITHOUT Mario Williams)

If he just wants to win and money isn't an issue - that's his best shot at helping a team to a SB title or two before retiring. With that goal in mind the Ravens and 49'ers would be great as well, but are much less likely to happen.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, March 14, 2012 - spam
Hidden by shecolt, March 14, 2012 - spam

camel cigarettes lights marlboro cigarettes graphics cigarettes order on line buy smokes online free shipping marlboro menthol 100s carton cheap cigarettes nj cheap cigarettes long island cartons of smokes cigarette sales tax kansas cigarettes online hk cigarettes online moldova cigarette buyer marlboro cigarettes vancouver camel cigarettes ads 2011 buy marlboro ice blast cheap cartons of cigarettes buy herbal cigarettes online cigarettes online uk carton camel menthol cigarettes cheap cigarettes houston texas cheap cigarettes ny buy marlboro gold touch cheap cigarettes milpitas buy cigarettes inlin buy marlboro products cigarette sales fall buy cigarettes online for cheap cheap cigarettes online doral buy marlboro red cheap cigarettes online virginia slims buy cigarettes cartons online cigarettes online cigarettes online winston lights buy cigs online Parliament cigarettes free shipping cost of cigarettes vancouver cheap cigarettes uk buy cigarettes tenerife buy cigarettes your birthday cheapest online cigars cheap cigarettes from ukraine cigarettes online american spirit camel cigarettes korea buy cheap cigarettes richmond cheap cigarettes online ` buy marlboro n.j cigarette sales videos buy cheap cigarettes pall mall cheap cigarettes roll your own buy cigarettes world cigarettes online duty carton of cigarettes cheap cigarettes from virginia buy cigarettes with credit card camel cigarettes lighters cheap discount cigarettes online cigarettes online tobacco buy marlboro skyline cigarettes cheap cigarettes ga

It's also a nigh-guaranteed 6 wins a season + division title/playoff berth and one of the most talented teams in football overall. (Even WITHOUT Mario Williams)

If he just wants to win and money isn't an issue - that's his best shot at helping a team to a SB title or two before retiring. With that goal in mind the Ravens and 49'ers would be great as well, but are much less likely to happen.

The money part isn't up to Peyton. the players association will not let him take a small contract.