Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Look Out - Houston Is Now In The Manning Race

Peyton and Eli fan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a good QB. But do you think Manning gives Houston a better chance to win a SB, or Schaub?

I can easily see both QBs choking if you want me to be honest. Too much pressure on Houston now IMO even though they are good.....they are becoming a very sexy pick which is often the kiss of death. They might do it but they also might choke it away.

I can easily see both QBs choking if you want me to be honest. Too much pressure on Houston now IMO even though they are good.....they are becoming a very sexy pick which is often the kiss of death. They might do it but they also might choke it away.

There's always two sides to a coin.

And...

peyton-manning-texans-1.jpg

:D

IMO, if Houston is entering the race then the race is over. The 3 teams that give him the very best chance to win a SB are Houston, San Fran and the Jets. San Fran was never in the race and the Jets have quit the race by extending Sanchez. I think Houston would have been Peyton's choice from the beginning anyway and who could blame him? A great running game behind a great OL with a top 3 defense. I want to see Peyton go to whatever team gives him the best chance to win and if that's Houston then so be it. Just like the Colts had to make the business decision to move on, Peyton has to make a business decision and go to whatever team gives him the best chance to maximize his last few years.

Go for it. I would laugh if the Titans or Texans did it. I bet the price keeps getting higher now too with all these visits.

BINGO.................

Peyton wants to go to a "football tradition filled city" ....

DENVER makes perfect sense for the GOAT.

Well he is making Elway get on his knees and beg now it seems.

Peyton is no *... He will and is seeking a ..... Running game, a strong OL, and D.

And first and foremost. Peyton will totally appriciate the Bronco fanbase.

He will be in Denver

Peyton is no *... He will and is seeking a ..... Running game, a strong OL, and D.

And first and foremost. Peyton will totally appriciate the Bronco fanbase.

He will be in Denver

That's not Denver though. They had a 20 something ranked defense last year. With Tebow out of the mix there goes more than a 1/3 of their rushing yards.

IMO, if Houston is entering the race then the race is over. The 3 teams that give him the very best chance to win a SB are Houston, San Fran and the Jets. San Fran was never in the race and the Jets have quit the race by extending Sanchez. I think Houston would have been Peyton's choice from the beginning anyway and who could blame him? A great running game behind a great OL with a top 3 defense. I want to see Peyton go to whatever team gives him the best chance to win and if that's Houston then so be it. Just like the Colts had to make the business decision to move on, Peyton has to make a business decision and go to whatever team gives him the best chance to maximize his last few years.

Short of "begging" ... Peyton has let the word out... who he would "consider"...

Denver is a football city. They love their Broncos, and there is only one player in the NFL who could "squash" Tebowmania" and it is Peyton Manning. Just being Peyton Manning.

That's not Denver though. They had a 20 something ranked defense last year. With Tebow out of the mix there goes more than a 1/3 of their rushing yards.

And how about their passing yards?? Ah.... grasshopper.. Why did Denver have NO passing yards? Stack the line on Manning and see what happens.

Never said I favored him going there. It would be a business decision for him. We, the Colts, are a business team now. So we have to face the music. Just because his time in Indy will look like a joke doesn't mean you shouldn't want the best for him. We all love Manning, and this is his best chance to cement a legacy.

Well IMO playing for the Texans is not what's best for him. He should go win with a more neutral team, not the Colts rival. If he played for Arizona, Denver, or Miami, his Colts fans wont hold any hard feelings. Everyone can get behind those choices.

Worst case scenario.

Maybe for the colts, but it is probably the best case scenario for Peyton Manning. The Texan's are one of the most talented teams in the NFL, so it would be a good landing spot for him. They also need a #2 receiver, and Reggie Wayne would fit that bill very nicely.

Im talking about his fans in general. If he's gonna leave on good terms, don't turn around and sign with the division rivals. Don't do what Brett did, he left on bad terms. Go anywhere but the AFC south.

Sounds like you just don't want him to spank the Colts twice a year.

Well IMO playing for the Texans is not what's best for him. He should go win with a more neutral team, not the Colts rival. If he played for Arizona, Denver, or Miami, his Colts fans wont hold any hard feelings. Everyone can get behind those choices.

Peyton was basically forced out of Indianapolis it seems. It's not like he pulled a Lebron James where most people in Cleveland are mad at him. Colts fans love Peyton Manning, and they would get to see him in Indianapolis once a year.

i find it funny that so many "Colts fans" couldnt wait to get Peyton out of town, so that they can "start over" with Luck...and now they're all having little hissy fits about the idea of him playing for a team in the AFC South...

You guys didnt want him, so dont worry about where he plays. I know as a guy with as much drive as Peyton has, it would be hard to NOT want to stick it to the team that cut you. Like it or not, i completely understand why Favre wanted to play for the Vikings and beat GB twice a year... "so you dont think i'm good enough anymore? ok, how about now?"

I bet the Texans want to drive the price up for the Titans now. I have a hunch Peyton would be serious about playing in TN. I don't think the Texans should mess with what they have either. It would look too much like Favre to the Vikings if Peyton went to Houston and we know how that ended up.

With that being said if Peyton plays for an AFC South rival I will likely start to seriously dislike him. A lot.

This statement seems a little hypocritical to me. Your not a Peyton Manning fan if you do that. If your a fan of him, then you'll support him no matter where he goes. The Texan's give him a great place to have a chance to win, so why wouldn't you want that for him?

This statement seems a little hypocritical to me. Your not a Peyton Manning fan if you do that. If your a fan of him, then you'll support him no matter where he goes. The Texan's give him a great place to have a chance to win, so why wouldn't you want that for him?

Speaking only for myself, I was a fan of Peyton Manning because of what he did for the Colts. If that was Jim Sorgi doing all those great things, I'd have been a Jim Sorgi fan.

I'll continue to hope Manning does well out of...well I guess respect is the word I'm looking for, but if he goes to an AFC south team he'll be dead to me until he retires.

I won't be mad at him, but I'm not rooting for a team in our division, no matter who is the QB and how badly we suck.

i find it funny that so many "Colts fans" couldnt wait to get Peyton out of town, so that they can "start over" with Luck...and now they're all having little hissy fits about the idea of him playing for a team in the AFC South...

You guys didnt want him, so dont worry about where he plays. I know as a guy with as much drive as Peyton has, it would be hard to NOT want to stick it to the team that cut you. Like it or not, i completely understand why Favre wanted to play for the Vikings and beat GB twice a year... "so you dont think i'm good enough anymore? ok, how about now?"

+100

Hold on... how can any colts fans be mad at the Texan's? They basically given the colts a lot of wins sinced they joined the NFL, so it's not like they are bitter rivals or anything. I want to say the colts are 17-3 vs. the Texan's over the years.

I'm pretty sure there is some kind of football law against rooting for teams in your own division unless circumstances dictate them winning works out for you.

If they weren't in the division I'd probably root for them too.

(Confession, I was rooting for them in this year's playoffs, but don't tell anyone)