Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Look Out - Houston Is Now In The Manning Race

Peyton and Eli fan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, but seems some Colt fans don't care about his feelings. Why should he care for theirs?

Im talking about his fans in general. If he's gonna leave on good terms, don't turn around and sign with the division rivals. Don't do what Brett did, he left on bad terms. Go anywhere but the AFC south.

Im talking about his fans in general. If he's gonna leave on good terms, don't turn around and sign with the division rivals. Don't do what Brett did, he left on bad terms. Go anywhere but the AFC south.

Personally I don't think Peyton will do it. He is just too humble of a person. If it were me though I would sign with a team to make sure I play my old team every year. I won't be surprised if he does, and I wouldn't be mad either.

I honestly don't care where Manning ends up. If he thinks his best chances are with a division rival then he should go for it. He is no longer a Colt and im certainly not going to lie awake at night worrying about Manning and the team he plays for.

Personally I don't think Peyton will do it. He is just too humble of a person. If it were me though I would sign with a team to make sure I play my old team every year. I won't be surprised if he does, and I wouldn't be mad either.

I would be mad. There's a few teams out there that can become contenders if Peyton signs with them, I doesn't have to be the Texans. I don't think he will though. For 1, it would tarnish his legacy with Colts fans, they are the ones that really supported him his entire career. But I don't think he wants to do that to Irsay or the fans. I don't think he wants to get in Indy's way or Eli's.

That was my first choice because after all he's been through I really want Peyton to win another SB. I think Houston gives him the best chance. Denver wouldn't be bad either because their D is good and they have a good young receiving corp and a running game as well.

I bet the Texans want to drive the price up for the Titans now. I have a hunch Peyton would be serious about playing in TN. I don't think the Texans should mess with what they have either. It would look too much like Favre to the Vikings if Peyton went to Houston and we know how that ended up.

With that being said if Peyton plays for an AFC South rival I will likely start to seriously dislike him. A lot.

I would be mad. There's a few teams out there that can become contenders if Peyton signs with them, I doesn't have to be the Texans. I don't think he will though. For 1, it would tarnish his legacy with Colts fans, they are the ones that really supported him his entire career. But I don't think he wants to do that to Irsay or the fans. I don't think he wants to get in Indy's way or Eli's.

All those teams are contenders, but the Texans are head and shoulders above them all, with an elite running game and defense, and a scary machine in Andre Johnson. He would easily win the division with the Texans, possibly securing home field advantage as well. I am more of a Peyton fan than I am a Colts fan, so I would love to see him win 1 or 2 more superbowls. Besides, the Colts are going to be rebuilding the next two years, so it's not really affecting their chances at the playoffs. Manning wanted to come back, but Irsay didn't let him. That should give him the liberty to go wherever he wants

That was my first choice because after all he's been through I really want Peyton to win another SB. I think Houston gives him the best chance. Denver wouldn't be bad either because their D is good and they have a good young receiving corp and a running game as well.

I won't be rooting for Peyton on his team. None of the teams he is looking at our my team either. Or even a few of the teams on the side I root for.

If the Texans and Manning both are seriuos about winning a SB, this is the best case senario for them. Not for the colts, but for them. I wouldnt mind it one bit if he went to Houston. Matt S and TJ Yates are expendable imho. They are ok, but not great. Texans need someone great.

He is meeting with the Titans and Dolphins soon. My hunch is the Titans might be the team to steal him from the Broncos if they want him that badly.

Dolphins? No idea.

Someday we might want all these Peyton threads in NFL General btw. ;)

But i laugh at the folks who argue it was Irsays 'business' decision, but when it comes down to Peyton making the best 'business' decision, they whine about it. Cant have it both ways folks. If Irsay didnt want Peyton, he is free to go wherever he so chooses.

It would hurt to see him play for the Texans, but it's going to hurt anywhere he goes. I don't think the fans should be mad for a business decision. That's what they proudly present around Indy now so we should back that as fans.

But i laugh at the folks who argue it was Irsays 'business' decision, but when it comes down to Peyton making the best 'business' decision, they whine about it. Cant have it both ways folks. If Irsay didnt want Peyton, he is free to go wherever he so chooses.

Absolutely he can go where he wants if a team has interest in him. I don't think Houston is truly as serious though as some others, I believe they are trying to drive up the price here too if the Titans are that serious.

But, no matter where Peyton ends up or what happens that also does not mean all of us have to root for him. I pretty much despise some of the teams he is looking at and would not root for some of these teams if you paid me. Peyton's future success really does not matter to me either now, he is no longer my QB.

It would hurt to see him play for the Texans, but it's going to hurt anywhere he goes. I don't think the fans should be mad for a business decision. That's what they proudly present around Indy now so we should back that as fans.

Do you want him to be a Texan just in spite of the Colts? you want bad feelings between Peyton and his original fans? Well that's what's going to happen if he goes there. Other teams may not be as Superbowl ready but I don't care, he struggled to win 1with us. I really don't want him to go to Houston, win it his 1st year there, and make his tenure here look like a joke.

As much as I like Schaub. This is Peyton Friggin' Manning.

Schaub is a good QB in your system. Peyton is still a ? mark IMO.

You guys would look like the Vikings when they got Favre and have all the pressure in the world for SB or bust.

Do you want him to be a Texan just in spite of the Colts? you want bad feelings between Peyton and his original fans? Well that's what's going to happen if he goes there. Other teams may not be as Superbowl ready but I don't care, he struggled to win 1with us. I really don't want him to go to Houston, win it his 1st year there, and make his tenure here look like a joke.

Never said I favored him going there. It would be a business decision for him. We, the Colts, are a business team now. So we have to face the music. Just because his time in Indy will look like a joke doesn't mean you shouldn't want the best for him. We all love Manning, and this is his best chance to cement a legacy.

Schaub is a good QB in your system. Peyton is still a ? mark IMO. You guys would look like the Vikings when they got Favre and have all the pressure in the world for SB or bust.

He is a good QB. But do you think Manning gives Houston a better chance to win a SB, or Schaub?