Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Former GB Safety Kentrell Brice visiting Colts today

Looked him up.  UDFA in 2016.  Un-remarkable career from what I've seen.  Looks like he was an RFA that the Pack didn't even tender.

I certainly hope he's not Ballard's plan to replace Geathers.  

Maybe a special teams contributor or depth.  But as a starter??

Also this is on his Wikipedia page "However, his 2018 season was a disappointment, as he missed 12 of his 57 total tackle attempts on the season and allowed a passer rating of 150.1 on 29 throws into his primary coverage."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Looked him up.  UDFA in 2016.  Un-remarkable career from what I've seen.  Looks like he was an RFA that the Pack didn't even tender.

Highly doubt hes being brought here to be a starter. Depth and ST is his ceiling

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

However, his 2018 season was a disappointment, as he missed 12 of his 57 total tackle attempts on the season and allowed a passer rating of 150.1 on 29 throws into his primary coverage."

So he can't tackle or cover.

I think he's the first player I've ever searched for on youtube who has no highlights package.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Also this is on his Wikipedia page "However, his 2018 season was a disappointment, as he missed 12 of his 57 total tackle attempts on the season and allowed a passer rating of 150.1 on 29 throws into his primary coverage."

Good grief. So he can't tackle or cover anybody. I would have to assume he's a ST guy. 

Maybe there is some rule that teams have to carry at least one terrible S. Colts already have Odum.

1 minute ago, Scott Pennock said:

@shastamasta What makes Odum terrible? He made a boneheaded late hit for a penalty that I recall. Outside of that he played more and more snaps at the end of the season in place on Hooker, Geathers, Mitchell and Wilcox....so I'm guessing the coaches see him differently.

Geathers was hurt and Mitchell is old and banged up. He was mostly playing out of necessity.

I just think he's slow...and not very good in coverage. I remember he was in man coverage against some big slow NYG TE and couldn't even keep up on an out route.

He also doesn't seems to be around the ball very often. It's just my opinion...I don't think he's a very good S. And would prefer to upgrade the S depth.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Geathers was hurt and Mitchell is old and banged up. He was mostly playing out of necessity.

I just think he's slow...and not very good in coverage. I remember he was in man coverage against some big slow NYG TE and couldn't even keep up on an out route.

He also doesn't seems to be around the ball very often. It's just my opinion...I don't think he's a very good S. And would prefer to upgrade the S depth.

Upgrades are good, but, his game speed seemed okay to me when coming downhill for a tackle - his coverage skills looked like a rookie - too much thought and not enough instincts. 

Having said that, I thought he was better than Green.....lol

2 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

@shastamasta What makes Odum terrible? He made a boneheaded late hit for a penalty that I recall. Outside of that he played more and more snaps at the end of the season in place on Hooker, Geathers, Mitchell and Wilcox....so I'm guessing the coaches see him differently.

He certainly played slow. I do see that he is actually pretty fast.

He may be a guy that explodes in year 3-4. IF he makes the 53 again, he must be impressing his coaches.

I think it is safe to say he played because of injuries.

7 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Probably his plan to replace Mike Mitchell.  I’d rather he just bring back Mike.  He was good for the locker room and just made plays when he got on the field. 

• Thanks 1