chad72

Should we extend Kenny Moore right now?

Should we extended Kenny Moore right now or do we wait till he is a restricted free agent next year?

What do you guys think? I think we should do it right now, especially if we feel he is a great locker room fit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw a tweet by just some random person that says he will be extended before next season. I have no clue If that is true.

33 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Should we extended Kenny Moore right now or do we wait till he is a restricted free agent next year?

What do you guys think? I think we should do it right now, especially if we feel he is a great locker room fit. 

While the logic of doing so would be easy to follow...so is the logic to let the next 2 years of performance and injury risk play out.  So many things can still happen while he is still under Colts control.  Probably makes sense to pay the bill when it comes due rather than early...even if it comes due at a premium.

• Like 2

I'd wait until after next year at least. If he has another good season I can see it making sense to go ahead and lock him down. 

The more I think about it, the more I hope the team pays Moore more. 

Seriously, I hope they extend him. He is a great example of "I don't what school you came from or where you were drafted...if you are the best player, you start". 

• Like 1

It would set a great example also. It lets players know if you come in work hard and play well you will be rewarded. It could also help with getting free agents here. He is getting paid peanuts compared to his production on the field. He could of easily made the pro bowl this year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wouldn't. He's an RFA after this season, we still have his rights for two more years. I'd let him play out 2019 before talking about an extension.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

It would set a great example also. It lets players know if you come in work hard and play well you will be rewarded. It could also help with getting free agents here. He is getting paid peanuts compared to his production on the field. He could of easily made the pro bowl this year.

Teams extend players before their contracts run out all the time.  He is well deserving and for all of the reasons you mentioned.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Teams extend players before their contracts run out all the time.  He is well deserving and for all of the reasons you mentioned.  

That's usually to induce the player to sign for them and be less likely to test the open market because they have to play another year risking injury.  

I would wait til he's an RFA, tender him either 2nd round or first round and then work on the extension.  

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

His base pay is only $550k. I think he deserves a pay increase.

Actully his base is now $645K. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Actully his base is now $645K. 

Still way. To low for what he brings on the field.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is how it works. You play out your rookie contract, then you get paid. If he were drafted, he wouldn't even be eligible to sign a new deal until after Year 3.

By the way, his pay was nearly doubled because he received a performance-based bonus of over $500k for the 2019.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I remember Russel Wilson playing all the way through his Rookie deal before he got a raise. And he was "worth" another $15M a year.
 Kenny will make more than RW did his 3rd season.
 So if you were the do gooder boss of the NFL, ALL players would get what they are worth based on past performance. That could be good because you coud then also cut the pay for those guys that underperformed. Punish them for having bad coaches that make them look bad. Make them pay back their Guaranteed $$$ because they were slacking. I like it. 

I actually don’t have a problem either way. He deserves it if they do or if they wait that is fine to.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

LMAO. Gee, he got rewarded with a $400,000 + bonus because of his" hard work and good Play" and you choose to call it peanuts. You come up with some doozies.
 He grew into the defense the last half of the season and played well. He likely didn't come close to making the Pro Bowl. His PFF grade for the seaso was 69. At the higher end of average.

I absolutely hated Kenny Moore before this year. He’s proved me wrong. Don’t extend him this year but he’s gonna get compensated for his hard work next year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheMose said:

I absolutely hated Kenny Moore before this year. He’s proved me wrong. Don’t extend him this year but he’s gonna get compensated for his hard work next year. 

It’s amazing the difference when you have a coach who knows your strengths and puts you in a position to win.  It is the same reason Desir had such a great season. That is what makes a great coach and why so many are flops on other teams and stars on another. Same thing can be said about Ebron.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s amazing the difference when you have a coach who knows your strengths and puts you in a position to win.  It is the same reason Desir had such a great season. That is what makes a great coach and why so many are flops on other teams and stars on another. Same thing can be said about Ebron.

Very true. The scheme and everything fits him and Desir much better than our last regime. I would watch games and be amazed that Moore was the same player. Very happy that I was wrong about him. Lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

His base pay is only $550k. I think he deserves a pay increase.

Maybe he does or doesn’t but think of it like this, how many of the athletes say, I’m not giving a home town discount when it comes time for a renewal? So why would the company want to pay early, anymore money than they have to? I’d just hold tight and pay what’s owed on the signed contract until he signs the next one at market price. Honestly, I wished we would have more incentives contracts come out. Get paid nicely but if you break out, you will always get paid like those top players who make 14-17 million a year. If you flop and turn in a bad performance, you just get paid. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Superman said:

I wouldn't. He's an RFA after this season, we still have his rights for two more years. I'd let him play out 2019 before talking about an extension.

Yeah...unless they can buy out a couple of years of FA for super cheap...by giving him some money now...I don't really see why they would do it. And who knows what can happen in two years.

I really don’t care either way. Yes he deserves to be extended. But if they don’t that is cool also.