Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I don't watch college football, so I don't have the game film perspective to go on.  As more of a number-cruncher/strategist, I'd say this is a terrific year to use max gamesmanship leading up to the draft.  As it relates to Jordan Love, he's simply not going to be BPA at #13.  I could see Indy trade up 2 spots to the bottom of round 1 if they have that much love for Love.   Ballard & co are in a great position thanks to massive cap space and Washington's #34 pick.  The FA QB market is deep and Brisset is still under contract with a $12.5 mil dead cap hit.  Basically, Ballard can let the draft come to him, so any QB chatter at this point is wildly speculative.     If Indy brass has a rookie in mind, they're high enough in the order to pretty much move up as far as deemed necessary without giving up too much for the opportunity.     This class is loaded with OT and WR talent, so BPA/fill need will certainly apply.  Every QB someone trades up for pushes one more blue chip player down to #13.     It will be interesting to see what was smokescreen and what was silent intent when the cards start being read on Draft Day.  Indy would be wise to manipulate perception, especially with the Raiders and their similar needs at #12.  Given Mayock's round 1 disaster (Clelin Ferrell) last year I like our chances.  
    • I felt as if the entire defense took a bit of a step back this past year. And honestly, I think it was because we let the likes of Al Woods walk in FA. After seeing the drop off, and then comparing it to when we attained Booger in 2006, it would seem the defensive tackle position is of quite a great importance in the Tampa 2, even with the subtle differences. You need above average play at that spot for the rest of the defense to flow correctly. Ballard has mentioned that positions importance. And for these reasons I have been on the Kinlaw train for the past month. 
    • His big time throw ability,  touch and pocket  awareness. Also his off target  throw ability.  Schematically I think he could excel in Frank reich's  offense  and it would help limit his turnovers. He's  not afraid  to take a shot when it's  there and had much better anticipation  than Brissett.    The main thing is teams wouldn't  be able  to stack the box with Love because  they'd have to fear the deep game. Burrow,  and tua are similar.  Gordon and herbert  are seen more as check down guys. My co worker  is an Oregon  fan and he said he thought herbert was worse than Mariota. He said he played to safe and rarely  threw down the field. 
  • Members

• PureLuck

PureLuck 111

• BluHorzhu

BluHorzhu 91

• Jdubu

Jdubu 1,358

• HOZER

HOZER 4,253

• ColtsGermany

ColtsGermany 218

• NannyMcafee