Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Annual Mod Appreciation Thread

IndyD4U

7 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Pah. They do ok, but when are we going to bring in a big name free agent Mod?  Same old thing year after year. And what's with that British Mod? How can that work with the time zone / jet lag thing? I feel a tantrum coming on.......

Appropriate given it's the season for ill advised signings. Got to love positive discrimination. 

12 minutes ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

Great job as always. Chaos would reign supreme without you guys and girls, so thanks again.

As a small side note. I don't have a college team as that seems more than anything to be tied to the tangible experience, in fact people seem more loyal to their college team then their NFL team. However every time I see your avatar I'm tempted by Marshall, just such a great name. 

• Thanks 1

Let's all appreciate what makes our Mods the best - they don't trample over dissenters.

If you look at other forums, the mods are basically a roving band of vigilante mob justice that makes sure differing opinions are weeded out.

Our forum is the best because our mods are the best at not only allowing differing opinions, but actually having and offering differing opinions of their own.  Some might disagree with me (which reinforces my point), but this forum is great because it doesn't suffer from "group-think".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

As a small side note. I don't have a college team as that seems more than anything to be tied to the tangible experience, in fact people seem more loyal to their college team then their NFL team. However every time I see your avatar I'm tempted by Marshall, just such a great name. 

We need all the supporters we can get. We are a smaller school with an important story. In case you didn't know, in 1970 almost our entire football team, with coaches and boosters were killed in a plane crash. The movie We Are Marshall is based on that and the year that followed. I started my college at Marshall that year. It was a surreal and really sad time.

• Like 1

Honestly I appreciate all you do. Tough job that never gets credit for all you do. I don't post a lot but have read these forums for 12 years under a different account because I lost my password. Nadine gave me a warning one time and I felt like the hand of God slapped me. :D Good job guys.

2 hours ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

We need all the supporters we can get. We are a smaller school with an important story. In case you didn't know, in 1970 almost our entire football team, with coaches and boosters were killed in a plane crash. The movie We Are Marshall is based on that and the year that followed. I started my college at Marshall that year. It was a surreal and really sad time.

I was aware of the history, part of what has drawn me to them before. Must have been been strange and tough to experience it first hand.

In addition to all the mods getting a shout-out....    I'd like to add one more to poster CSMOPAR...

He's been acting as an unofficial Mod on all the Day to Day threads over on the Draft and Free Agent page,  and for my money,  he's been fantastic!      I even asked him if he was auditioning to be a Mod and he told me "no."....

He's been great in those threads and they've been a joy and easy to read....   he gets an extra shout out from me!     :thmup:

:colts: