Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA Agency Day 2 and beyond.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

interesting, but i don't see him falling past 15, and I don't see the colts using the draft capital needed to move up to get him.

 

Mocks have him going between 15-20. If hes there at 18, colts can move up and still keep both second round picks. Draft calcutor shows the 18th pick is worth our 1st 3rd and 4th round picks which is not too steep and we can always trade down from 34 to get back a pick if we want to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Mocks have him going between 15-20. If hes there at 18, colts can move up and still keep both second round picks. Draft calcutor shows the 18th pick is worth our 1st 3rd and 4th round picks which is not too steep and we can always trade down from 34 to get back a pick if we want to.

 

You say this as if it's just that simple and that your cost estimate is close to accurate.  Stop using the draft calculator as the be all, end all.  It is not.  I keep going back to what it cost the Saints to move up to 14 from 27.  They had to swap # 1's with the Packers last year and also give Green Bay a 5th rounder last year and a # 1 this year.  

 

To move up, that is the far more likely required compensation.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jskinnz said:

 

You say this as if it's just that simple and that your cost estimate is close to accurate.  Stop using the draft calculator as the be all, end all.  It is not.  I keep going back to what it cost the Saints to move up to 14 from 27.  They had to swap # 1's with the Packers last year and also give Green Bay a 5th rounder last year and a # 1 this year.  

 

To move up, that is the far more likely required compensation.  

 

Thats 12 spots compared to 8 and moving to pick 15 compared to pick 18. That is two completely different scerinos

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think any team willing to trade back from the mid/late teens is going to wanna be well compensated or they'll just stay where they're at.

Plus I think it's very possible Burns gets taken by the Panthers or the Giants. They both could use an edge. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I think any team willing to trade back from the mid/late teens is going to wanna be well compensated or they'll just stay where they're at.

Plus I think it's very possible Burns gets taken by the Panthers or the Giants. They both could use an edge. 

Feel the same way

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Mocks have him going between 15-20. If hes there at 18, colts can move up and still keep both second round picks. Draft calcutor shows the 18th pick is worth our 1st 3rd and 4th round picks which is not too steep and we can always trade down from 34 to get back a pick if we want to.

last 4 or 5 mocks i saw from this week had him gong 6, 8, 11, and 14. CBSx2, SBN, SI, NFL.com

would like to have him, but i don't know if i'd part with a 3rd round pick + others. I just don't see it after picking Houston.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

last 4 or 5 mocks i saw from this week had him gong 6, 8, 11, and 14. CBSx2, SBN, SI, NFL.com

would like to have him, but i don't know if i'd part with a 3rd round pick + others. I just don't see it after picking Houston.

 

They also had Gary going in the twenties do you see that happening?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PureLuck said:

 

I can see Gary dropping out of round 1 entirely, so yeah, 20s sounds good ;)

 

No way that happens. He has top 5 upside in this class...AND doesn't have any character or off-field red flags. Several teams will gamble on that.

 

If he does make it to #26...and Ballard passes on him...I would be shocked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

They also had Gary going in the twenties do you see that happening?

 

i've only seen one mock of him outside the top 15. neither would shock me falling into the 20s, but i would be a bit surprised.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Irish YJ said:

i've only seen one mock of him outside the top 15. neither would shock me falling into the 20s, but i would be a bit surprised.

 

You never know what happens in the draft. The draft we got Hooker, no one though he would drop to 15 because it was defense heavy draft and yet teams took offensive players

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CR91 said:

 

You never know what happens in the draft. The draft we got Hooker, no one though he would drop to 15 because it was defense heavy draft and yet teams took offensive players

yup, there's always surprises. i do think gary and burns though have too high of upside, and too good of ratings, to fall far. i've seen Ferrell drop outside of 20 in a few too. 

 

every mock though has someone falling farther than you would think, and others shooting up. i just try to follow the trends across all of the different mock sources. one guy i've been raving about for a while is S Thornhill. Was a 4th round guy in early mock drafts, and now making his way into the 1st round in some mocks. CBs and Ss have been all over the place for the last month or so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

You never know what happens in the draft. The draft we got Hooker, no one though he would drop to 15 because it was defense heavy draft and yet teams took offensive players

The only team that knows what could happen is the team with the #1 Pick

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

The only team that knows what could happen is the team with the #1 Pick

 

Very true

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I not use mocks to research players

 

Course not. I did my homework on Brian Burns before he was mentioned in the first round. Same with Darnell Savage who imo is the second best safety in the draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Course not. I did my homework on Brian Burns before he was mentioned in the first round. Same with Darnell Savage who imo is the second best safety in the draft.

Forgive me, but I am bit giddy over the latest WNBA Mock but meant to say that I only use Mocks to research players

 

  work working GIF by joonasjoonas

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Forgive me, but I am bit giddy over the latest WNBA Mock but meant to say that I only use Mocks to research players

 

  new girl autocorrect GIF

 

I need to do my own research. I don't trust these so called "experts"

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

I need to do my own research. I don't trust these so called "experts"

I revert back to coaching days and over prepare so use the mocks to narrow down the contenders

 

    I am doing the opposite right now to prepare for the WNBA Draft

       Instead of researching players I am researching teams that could draft Jackie Young

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think we are better off looking for a FA running back then one in the draft since we have 3 pretty good ones.

Agree, Mack, Hines, Wilkins and Williams are solid. If they are looking for a short yardage bruiser they can definitely find one laying around in FA. 
Whats LeGarrette Blount up to? :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 4:17 PM, Chloe6124 said:

I think we are better off looking for a FA running back then one in the draft since we have 3 pretty good ones.

I also hope that they dont use an early 1 or 2 pick on a RB

 

However, if Montgomery is still on the board at round 3 (doubtful) I am grabbing him

If Snell is still on the board in round 4, I am grabbing him

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • First of all I apprecate the discussion. Patrick Mahomes sat for the first year but he was good enough to play if need be they just decided to set him. Same with Aaron Rogers who was playing behind Brett Farve. None were behind JB. As for Brady he started out 4th string but worked up to starter before the year was out. I have no problem with Eason starting out as 3rd string. But he should show enough to pass JB or that is a problem that tells me he is not progressing. 
    • Because none of them have symptoms they can all be cleared by Friday/Saturday. Testing will continue. There is already talk the game will be moved to Monday or Tuesday. Which can still give  them 2 or 3 days of practice if negative tests keep happening. They are doing virtual meetings in the mean time. Teams only practice 3 days anyway. 
    • Jets run D is good, pass D sucks.  You have to factor 10 on that lol. So 2, and 18th, which is just not good vs NY Overall, we're 2.42 and 14th this year so far.   What is also bad, is we're 23rd in red zone %
    • I think Burton will play more of the bully slot instead of in-line like MAC, so I don't see them cutting into each other's snaps too much.   I can absolutely see him getting snaps out at Pittman's spot as well on some plays to add some size out there without losing too much athleticism.
    • I play $5 a week in the office group.  20 people.  I figure in increases the odds a bit, but mostly because you always hear of a work group winning and I'd hate to be the guy who wasn't in it.   We've hit small amounts several times, but nothing noteworthy.   The winnings go back into the pot and we don't have to pay $5 for a few weeks.   How much would you say you have spent in total in your life.   My lifetime is probably at around $700.  
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...