Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

csmopar

FA Agency Day 2 and beyond.

Recommended Posts

Remember, the CBA expires after 2020.  There will be a lockout, and nobody knows what new items will be in place after the 2 sides come to an agreement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

those are two decent deals the raiders just signed. 

if crowell can keep his head on straight, he could have a very good year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Irish YJ said:

those are two decent deals the raiders just signed. 

if crowell can keep his head on straight, he could have a very good year.

That is a big if

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That is a big if

 

it's a low dollar, low term, low risk, dice roll. 

if he works out, it's brilliant, if it doesn't, nobody will remember.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

 

it's a low dollar, low term, low risk, dice roll. 

if he works out, it's brilliant, if it doesn't, nobody will remember.

 

The Raidersvare seeming to add several “head cases” this off season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The Raidersvare seeming to add several “head cases” this off season

would you expect less from the raiders lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We would have to give up so many draft picks to get him.

Most likely but probably not on the same scale as the Mack trade.  There were other picks exchanged besides the two 1sts. to the Raiders.  Bears received a 2nd. back from the Raiders but gave up a 3rd.   It might just take two 1sts.  Who knows.   I can see a scenario where the Cowboys don't trade him during this draft thinking they can sign him.  Jones doesn't budge because he knows he still needs to sign Zak and Zeke.  The "impasse" stays in place and he refuses to report for workouts etc.  The drama and rhetoric builds and Jones wants no part of it.  He decides to trade him before the season starts.  This years Colts draft looks like another success so Ballard feels confident in trading for him.  Anyway it's just a scenario.  The Cowboys would be crazy not to get him signed.  But if he goes on the block I'm sure we will be one of the their target teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The Raidersvare seeming to add several “head cases” this off season

Raiders gonna Raider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know about anyone else but building your team around a RB is dumb.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know about anyone else but building your team around a RB is dumb.

 

 

One reason why the Titans are rarely a factor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Superman said:

You build around a RB when you don't believe in your QB. 

Who would that be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Who would that be

I don't think anyone knows.... including them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The Raidersvare seeming to add several “head cases” this off season

 

childs play chucky GIF

 

They got it under control...

 

(Hey!  GIF button works!!  Check it out folks)

 

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Who would that be

 

Need to call the hospital/trainer.  That's where he is usually at...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know if this means anything. But could it mean the colts will get jay ajayi.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know if this means anything. But could it mean the colts will get jay ajayi.

 

 

Interesting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading twitter comments the thought is Ajayi won’t be back with the eagles after that trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the colts would wait to sign him until after the draft. Is there a running back that will compliment Mack in the third round or so that will give us more then Wilkins. Ajayi is defintly done in Phili with his IG story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know if this means anything. But could it mean the colts will get jay ajayi.

 

 

After the trade I wonder if Matt Miller will have the Colts as Josh Jacobs new landing spot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are going to draft another back he has to be better then Wilkins. Other wise it’s a waste. If we draft a RB it will probably be in the third round. Will we get a guy that can start and compliment Mack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we are going to draft another back he has to be better then Wilkins. Other wise it’s a waste. If we draft a RB it will probably be in the third round. Will we get a guy that can start and compliment Mack.

I would take Benny Snell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, stitches said:

 

They used the word "look" in every sentence, just like ballard does.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is taking a weird turn. You can see both sides. If the surgery does not go well he could lose millions. The cowboys don’t want to give him a new deal until they know the surgery was a success.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is taking a weird turn. You can see both sides. If the surgery does not go well he could lose millions. The cowboys don’t want to give him a new deal until they know the surgery was a success.

 

 

20 million a year they want to pay him?  But he wants more??  Crazy money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we are going to draft another back he has to be better then Wilkins. Other wise it’s a waste. If we draft a RB it will probably be in the third round. Will we get a guy that can start and compliment Mack.

Just on the offensive side of the ball alone...   we have far more pressing needs than RB in the 3rd round.

 

WR,  OL,  perhaps TE....   and also, eventually,  RB.

 

I think if we draft a RB,  it'll be in R's 4, 5, or 6.

 

Typically,  if you draft a back in the 3rd round,  you're looking for him to start.   And that's not what we want.    Mack is our starter.    We want to strengthen our depth.    That comes on Day 3.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just on the offensive side of the ball alone...   we have far more pressing needs than RB in the 3rd round.

 

WR,  OL,  perhaps TE....   and also, eventually,  RB.

 

I think if we draft a RB,  it'll be in R's 4, 5, or 6.

 

Typically,  if you draft a back in the 3rd round,  you're looking for him to start.   And that's not what we want.    Mack is our starter.    We want to strengthen our depth.    That comes on Day 3.

 

Well then we might as not even draft a RB. We drafted one in the fifth round that’s already on the roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well then we might as not even draft a RB. We drafted one in the fifth round that’s already on the roster.

 

Maybe.   That's entirely possible.   A lot depends on how things shake out.   Can Ballard collect a few more picks along the way?    Hard to tell.    

 

Since we've not drafted this low under Ballard before,  it's hard to predict what he'll do.    I think most of us believe he could do most anything and it might not surprise.

 

Fascinating draft season.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Maybe.   That's entirely possible.   A lot depends on how things shake out.   Can Ballard collect a few more picks along the way?    Hard to tell.    

 

Since we've not drafted this low under Ballard before,  it's hard to predict what he'll do.    I think most of us believe he could do most anything and it might not surprise.

 

Fascinating draft season.....

 

Can't wait to see what Ballard does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is taking a weird turn. You can see both sides. If the surgery does not go well he could lose millions. The cowboys don’t want to give him a new deal until they know the surgery was a success.

 

 

on a normal labrum surgery, it's a 3-4 month recovery per Dr. Google. 

i wouldn't sign him unless i know it went well. wonder how serious they doctors say it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t wait for the draft. The draft is all new to me. Normally I am not  inteersted or care. I just care about the games starting in Sept. Ballard and this team this year have me really intrigued by it. I don’t watch college football so I don’t know who any of these guys are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I can’t wait for the draft. The draft is all new to me. Normally I am not  inteersted or care. I just care about the games starting in Sept. Ballard and this team this year have me really intrigued by it. I don’t watch college football so I don’t know who any of these guys are.

Blueshoe and Stitches are extremely intelligent regarding the draft, soak their knowledge in like a sponge. You can also PM me with any draft related questions regarding the Colts, and I'll do my best to answer. The draft should be a lot of fun this year with Ballard at the helm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just on the offensive side of the ball alone...   we have far more pressing needs than RB in the 3rd round.

 

WR,  OL,  perhaps TE....   and also, eventually,  RB.

 

I think if we draft a RB,  it'll be in R's 4, 5, or 6.

 

Typically,  if you draft a back in the 3rd round,  you're looking for him to start.   And that's not what we want.    Mack is our starter.    We want to strengthen our depth.    That comes on Day 3.

 

Agree on the type of RB the Colts look for in the draft. It will be Day 3 IMO and complimentary to Mack and the gang. 3rd down pounder; can block; can catch. Lots of guys like that available from the 4th round on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I can’t wait for the draft. The draft is all new to me. Normally I am not  inteersted or care. I just care about the games starting in Sept. Ballard and this team this year have me really intrigued by it. I don’t watch college football so I don’t know who any of these guys are.

I'm exactly the same this year! Its hard, living on the other side of the world, to get any coverage. But im reading everything I can. 

My boss even commented that I'm becoming addicted to the Colts. I told him its too late, became addicted years ago!

Luckily he doesn't mind me spending all day at work on here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • they are in the playoff hunt, but not many people think they will win a super bowl.  most of the top teams have really good QBs
    • What I'm getting at, though, is that regardless of his circumstances, it's possible to evaluate a QB on the basis of his performance, abilities, traits, and perceived potential to improve. That's my viewpoint.   Of course, the rougher the circumstances and the greater the number of variables, the more complicated the evaluation becomes. But while the receivers haven't been great, we can still look at JB and see what he does well and what he doesn't do well, we can reach reasonable conclusions about why he excels or struggles in certain areas, and we can project whether he can reasonably improve and become a player worthy of an investment of time and money, and worthy of building around. Sure, it's somewhat complicated, but it's not all that difficult, IMO.   What the Colts do at QB in the offseason will depend, to a large degree, on their evaluation of JB. I am confident that they will not say 'well, JB had a rough set of circumstances, let's wait and see what he does next year.' If they strongly feel that he's good enough to build around, that will affect how seriously they pursue other options at the position. But if they aren't sold on him, I don't think they'll just say 'let's give him another year, let's give him another year.' 
    • It would be wild though if Belichick traded Brady for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd, if a team is willing to pony that up. I wouldn't put anything past Belichick.
    • You didn't watch the game but you know what led to the loss?  Wow, that is pretty amazing.
    • Do you mean like how you, and the rest of the Myles fan club, want to give Myles Turner more time to develop after the 4, roughly average, years he's had? 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...