Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

csmopar

FA Agency Day 2 and beyond.

Remember, the CBA expires after 2020.  There will be a lockout, and nobody knows what new items will be in place after the 2 sides come to an agreement.

those are two decent deals the raiders just signed. 

if crowell can keep his head on straight, he could have a very good year.

Just now, Irish YJ said:

those are two decent deals the raiders just signed. 

if crowell can keep his head on straight, he could have a very good year.

That is a big if

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That is a big if

it's a low dollar, low term, low risk, dice roll. 

if he works out, it's brilliant, if it doesn't, nobody will remember.

6 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

it's a low dollar, low term, low risk, dice roll. 

if he works out, it's brilliant, if it doesn't, nobody will remember.

The Raidersvare seeming to add several “head cases” this off season

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

would you expect less from the raiders lol

41 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We would have to give up so many draft picks to get him.

Most likely but probably not on the same scale as the Mack trade.  There were other picks exchanged besides the two 1sts. to the Raiders.  Bears received a 2nd. back from the Raiders but gave up a 3rd.   It might just take two 1sts.  Who knows.   I can see a scenario where the Cowboys don't trade him during this draft thinking they can sign him.  Jones doesn't budge because he knows he still needs to sign Zak and Zeke.  The "impasse" stays in place and he refuses to report for workouts etc.  The drama and rhetoric builds and Jones wants no part of it.  He decides to trade him before the season starts.  This years Colts draft looks like another success so Ballard feels confident in trading for him.  Anyway it's just a scenario.  The Cowboys would be crazy not to get him signed.  But if he goes on the block I'm sure we will be one of the their target teams. 

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Raiders gonna Raider

I don’t know about anyone else but building your team around a RB is dumb.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know about anyone else but building your team around a RB is dumb.

One reason why the Titans are rarely a factor

Just now, Superman said:

You build around a RB when you don't believe in your QB. 

Who would that be

13 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Who would that be

I don't think anyone knows.... including them.

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

childs play chucky GIF

They got it under control...

(Hey!  GIF button works!!  Check it out folks)

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Who would that be

Need to call the hospital/trainer.  That's where he is usually at...

I don’t know if this means anything. But could it mean the colts will get jay ajayi.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know if this means anything. But could it mean the colts will get jay ajayi.

Interesting 

Reading twitter comments the thought is Ajayi won’t be back with the eagles after that trade.

I wonder if the colts would wait to sign him until after the draft. Is there a running back that will compliment Mack in the third round or so that will give us more then Wilkins. Ajayi is defintly done in Phili with his IG story.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

After the trade I wonder if Matt Miller will have the Colts as Josh Jacobs new landing spot.  

If we are going to draft another back he has to be better then Wilkins. Other wise it’s a waste. If we draft a RB it will probably be in the third round. Will we get a guy that can start and compliment Mack.

18 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we are going to draft another back he has to be better then Wilkins. Other wise it’s a waste. If we draft a RB it will probably be in the third round. Will we get a guy that can start and compliment Mack.

I would take Benny Snell

35 minutes ago, stitches said:

They used the word "look" in every sentence, just like ballard does.  Coincidence?  I think not.

This is taking a weird turn. You can see both sides. If the surgery does not go well he could lose millions. The cowboys don’t want to give him a new deal until they know the surgery was a success.

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is taking a weird turn. You can see both sides. If the surgery does not go well he could lose millions. The cowboys don’t want to give him a new deal until they know the surgery was a success.

20 million a year they want to pay him?  But he wants more??  Crazy money

22 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just on the offensive side of the ball alone...   we have far more pressing needs than RB in the 3rd round.

WR,  OL,  perhaps TE....   and also, eventually,  RB.

I think if we draft a RB,  it'll be in R's 4, 5, or 6.

Typically,  if you draft a back in the 3rd round,  you're looking for him to start.   And that's not what we want.    Mack is our starter.    We want to strengthen our depth.    That comes on Day 3.

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just on the offensive side of the ball alone...   we have far more pressing needs than RB in the 3rd round.

Typically,  if you draft a back in the 3rd round,  you're looking for him to start.   And that's not what we want.    Mack is our starter.    We want to strengthen our depth.    That comes on Day 3.

Well then we might as not even draft a RB. We drafted one in the fifth round that’s already on the roster.

28 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well then we might as not even draft a RB. We drafted one in the fifth round that’s already on the roster.

Maybe.   That's entirely possible.   A lot depends on how things shake out.   Can Ballard collect a few more picks along the way?    Hard to tell.    

Since we've not drafted this low under Ballard before,  it's hard to predict what he'll do.    I think most of us believe he could do most anything and it might not surprise.

Fascinating draft season.....

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Maybe.   That's entirely possible.   A lot depends on how things shake out.   Can Ballard collect a few more picks along the way?    Hard to tell.    

Since we've not drafted this low under Ballard before,  it's hard to predict what he'll do.    I think most of us believe he could do most anything and it might not surprise.

Fascinating draft season.....

Can't wait to see what Ballard does

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

on a normal labrum surgery, it's a 3-4 month recovery per Dr. Google. 

i wouldn't sign him unless i know it went well. wonder how serious they doctors say it is.

I can’t wait for the draft. The draft is all new to me. Normally I am not  inteersted or care. I just care about the games starting in Sept. Ballard and this team this year have me really intrigued by it. I don’t watch college football so I don’t know who any of these guys are.

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I can’t wait for the draft. The draft is all new to me. Normally I am not  inteersted or care. I just care about the games starting in Sept. Ballard and this team this year have me really intrigued by it. I don’t watch college football so I don’t know who any of these guys are.

Blueshoe and Stitches are extremely intelligent regarding the draft, soak their knowledge in like a sponge. You can also PM me with any draft related questions regarding the Colts, and I'll do my best to answer. The draft should be a lot of fun this year with Ballard at the helm.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Agree on the type of RB the Colts look for in the draft. It will be Day 3 IMO and complimentary to Mack and the gang. 3rd down pounder; can block; can catch. Lots of guys like that available from the 4th round on. 

13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I'm exactly the same this year! Its hard, living on the other side of the world, to get any coverage. But im reading everything I can. 

My boss even commented that I'm becoming addicted to the Colts. I told him its too late, became addicted years ago!

Luckily he doesn't mind me spending all day at work on here!