Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

csmopar

FA Agency Day 2 and beyond.

According to multiple reports, the two sides did not come to an agreement on a deal. Those reports leave the door open for something to happen down the road, although it’s not clear when the Colts and Ajayi might revisit that possibility.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

According to multiple reports, the two sides did not come to an agreement on a deal. Those reports leave the door open for something to happen down the road, although it’s not clear when the Colts and Ajayi might revisit that possibility.

That doesn’t surprise me because he has already visited other teams or has a plan to visit. 

Probably the same thing with Aaron Lynch. He has had several team visits.

Don't think it means anything, but that is a good photoshop

12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Don't think it means anything, but that is a good photoshop

Dang he’d look real good in a Colts uni.  I hope it happens at some point.  If healthy, he would bring an edge to the offense.  Just imagine him running hard behind big Q and the rest of our offensive line.  He and Mack would make a nice combo.  I called for this back in September.

I would guess he won’t be ready before the season starts. Maybe longer. It says he  hurt his knee in week 5 so that would be October.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I would guess he won’t be ready before the season starts. Maybe longer. It says he  hurt his knee in week 5 so that would be October.

its a 9-12 month recovery so hes either back by TC or hes on the PUP list to start the season

I wonder if Ajai would be happy as a No.2 back here.  I have to think he views himself as a lead back.   He might not be in a hurry.  Players get hurt in camp and preseason.  And if he is not going to be ready by then he might just wait it out to see what happens.

14 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I wonder if Ajai would be happy as a No.2 back here.  I have to think he views himself as a lead back.   He might not be in a hurry.  Players get hurt in camp and preseason.  And if he is not going to be ready by then he might just wait it out to see what happens.

I think this will probably be the case.  He may not get the opportunity to be a number one anymore. I mean I think I read he has had three surgeries in his knees. I don’t think the one year deal will be a problem. I don’t think any team will give him more.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

That sums up what we suspected all along.  They just got to expensive.

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

All I can say is, Ballard better have another good draft to justify not spending in FA. I hope he realizes the increased difficulty of picking later in each round. It'll be his first time picking late.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

All I can say is, Ballard better have another good draft to justify not spending in FA. I hope he realizes the increased difficulty of picking later in each round. It'll be his first time picking late.

we picked 15th his first year, but I get your point. Honestly there are a lot of big contracts coming up. Andrew's contract is coming up in a few years, hilton's contract as well, AC's next year, Kenny needs to be extended, and of course the massive contracts its gonna take to re-sign Nelson and Leonard down the road. I just think Ballard knows there are a lot of players on the team currently that he will need to re-sign with big contracts and doesn't want to be tied down by bad contracts

The news about the team still wanting to bring back Inman is likely going to be the BEST news of the day...   for me at least. 

Hope we we can make it happen.

I love ballard. Some pretty cool stuff from him. If we get Inman back we will have a pretty strong receiving core. Hilton, funchess, and Inman with the young kids fighting it out will be fun to watch.

I think with Hookers and Geathers injury history we have to take a safety with one of our rd 2 picks. We need one that can start if needed.

52 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I love ballard. Some pretty cool stuff from him. If we get Inman back we will have a pretty strong receiving core. Hilton, funchess, and Inman with the young kids fighting it out will be fun to watch.

He's pretty clear about what's important to him.

Love that signing. Imagine it will be short term. Not a typical DE, but he'll bring plenty of pressure.

Also love that there were no whispers. Shows that CB is going about his business quietly.

Woah, didn't see that one. The KC connection. 

He really doesnt beat around the bush does he? Even mentions there getting a dominant right end, just a couple of hours before Houston signed. 

Can it be September already!?!

Any updates on Zach Brown (MLB)? Been pretty quiet for one of the top FAs left.

Would love to get MLB upgrade via FA. He's about the only guy left on the board I'd happily take. 

Last I saw, Raiders, Bills, and Miami were showing interest. Indy is more attractive than those 3 lol. 

16 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Last I saw, Raiders, Bills, and Miami were showing interest. Indy is more attractive than those 3 lol. 

Well, I think things are going to be really entertaining with Raiders this year! haha

Ray started 8 games in 2016 for 8 sacks.
Started 7 games in 2017 for 1 sack but was also suffering a wrist injury. 
Two surgeries later...

20 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

Ray started 8 games in 2016 for 8 sacks.
Started 7 games in 2017 for 1 sack but was also suffering a wrist injury. 
Two surgeries later...

Wow 8 sacks in 8 games. Sounds like he could have potential.