Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA Agency Day 2 and beyond.

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

Elijah Holyfield timed by media at 4.86 and 4.89 in the 40 at his pro day... 

He was faster at the combine... I don't know what to do with those that cannot get better for the pro-day with so much stuff going their way and everything being set up for them to improve on their performance. I remember Teez Tabor being the same(ran worse at pro-day). IMO it points to more serious problems ... as in... failure of preparation, lack of determination and drive to improve, etc. I would be very skeptical of players like this. And it's a shame because i liked Holyfield on film. 

16 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yeah... I've noticed him getting some info almost simultaneously with the big fish and now he even beat them to the leak. Good for him and for us as a fanbase. 

And of course, Holder follows with:

I wonder... do you think he has a source or he's just relying that the other guy is correct and want to seem in the know? How many times can he write a variation on the same tweet 5 minutes after someone else breaks the news, without he himself breaking ANYTHING... EVER! 

But what's Holder supposed to do...not tweet about it? I don't think his employer would appreciate that.

People follow Holder that likely don't follow the other guy. And if they are just more casual fans that don't have a "Colts Geather" window open on Twitter for updates...then Holder technically gets to be the one who tells them.

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

He was faster at the combine... I don't know what to do with those that cannot get better for the pro-day with so much stuff going their way and everything being set up for them to improve on their performance. I remember Teez Tabor being the same(ran worse at pro-day). IMO it points to more serious problems ... as in... failure of preparation, lack of determination and drive to improve, etc. I would be very skeptical of players like this. And it's a shame because i liked Holyfield on film. 

So did I.

I wonder if field conditions affected Holyfield and Ferguson. That 3 cone situation with Ferguson is strange.

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

But what's Holder supposed to do...not tweet about it? I don't think his employer would appreciate that.

People follow Holder that likely don't follow the other guy. And if they are just more casual fans that don't have a "Colts Geather" window open on Twitter for updates...then Holder technically gets to be the one who tells them.

He could’ve retweeted JE original tweet

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

So did I.

I wonder if field conditions affected Holyfield and Ferguson. That 3 cone situation with Ferguson is strange.

I don't know what the condition was... but there is footage of the Ferguson 3 cone. I cannot see anything being wrong with the field. It says he slipped FIVE times and that this was his 7th attempt(maybe he was extra cautious at the end, but even that information should give you pause about his balance and proprioception) :

55 minutes ago, Superman said:

They also ask bad questions at pressers, IMO. Holder is the ring leader here, even though he's probably the best writer of them, he asks horrible questions.

Yep...they ask canned and softball questions. They basically carry water for the Colts. I don't know if this is because they fear losing access...but it provides little value to me. And it's even worse when you have a guy like Holder, who does this AND comes off as arrogant and rude. 

My favorite thing is when they eat up whatever tidbit Ballard is willing to give them...and then they all write separate articles off a couple of the same quotes.

This is a strong criticism I know. And as someone who works for the same company many of these guys work/have worked for...I do appreciate the effort that goes into the job. I just wish they did more.

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

I don't know what the condition was... but there is footage of the Ferguson 3 cone. I cannot see anything being wrong with the field. It says he slipped FIVE times and that this was his 7th attempt(maybe he was extra cautious at the end, but even that information should give you pause about his balance and proprioception) :

Why do some of these guys do this

Well skipping the 3-cone would have looked suspicious. So now he gets a pass and no one knows how slow he is.

Kidding...sort of.

Yeah, I was thinking maybe it was a grass field or something, that looks like field turf, and it's a bright and sunny day. Ferguson just sucks at the 3 cone. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He could’ve retweeted JE original tweet

He attributed it to him. People could have retweets turned off...I don't know.

And Erikson sorta replaced him at the Indy Star...so maybe this is Holder's way of paying some respect.

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

He attributed it to him. People could have retweets turned off...I don't know.

And Erikson sorta replaced him at the Indy Star...so maybe this is Holder's way of paying some respect.

Every Princeton(IHSAA) Gamenight I retweet stats and other info from across the state

There a couple of Twitter pages that do nothing but retweet info

5 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Yep...they ask canned and softball questions. They basically carry water for the Colts. I don't know if this is because they fear losing access...but it's become unbearable. And it's even worse when you have a guy like Holder, who does this AND comes off as arrogant and rude. 

My favorite thing is when they eat up whatever tidbit Ballard is willing to give them...and then they all write separate articles off a couple of the same quotes.

This is a strong criticism I know. And as someone who works for the same company many of these guys work/have worked for...I do appreciate the effort that goes into the job. I just wish they did more.

Even when they were trying to be persistent about the Luck situation, it was the same questions over and over again. None of them ask real football questions. Sometimes it seems like they don't know the game. 

A couple years ago, I think Pagano was talking about 'bendy edge rushers,' and everyone was like "BENDY??? lol"  Come on, fellas, you don't know what he means? Now you've given Pagano a shiny object to chase during an 8 minute presser, and you might as well just pack it up and go home because you're not getting anything else today. 

They'll ask the same questions about need vs BPA at the next presser. They'll ask the same questions about Ballard's FA approach, and cap space, and 'what made you want to bring back Desir and Geathers,' when we've already heard answers to those questions ad nauseum. 

I appreciate the effort and work, I just don't think they focus on the things that I care about as a fan. And in listening to pressers for other teams, I think there's a difference. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Every Princeton(IHSAA) Gamenight I retweet stats and other info from across the state

There a couple of Twitter pages that do nothing but retweet info

Right...but some people have those turned off. If you look at Holder's twitter page...his ratio of tweets/retweets is very high. Just might be his style.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Even when they were trying to be persistent about the Luck situation, it was the same questions over and over again. None of them ask real football questions. Sometimes it seems like they don't know the game. 

A couple years ago, I think Pagano was talking about 'bendy edge rushers,' and everyone was like "BENDY??? lol"  Come on, fellas, you don't know what he means? Now you've given Pagano a shiny object to chase during an 8 minute presser, and you might as well just pack it up and go home because you're not getting anything else today. 

They'll ask the same questions about need vs BPA at the next presser. They'll ask the same questions about Ballard's FA approach, and cap space, and 'what made you want to bring back Desir and Geathers,' when we've already heard answers to those questions ad nauseum. 

I appreciate the effort and work, I just don't think they focus on the things that I care about as a fan. And in listening to pressers for other teams, I think there's a difference. 

Agree...and maybe we are different types of fans...and this one-size-fits-all approach doesn't work for us. But as journalists...I don't see why they can't ask better (and sometimes tougher) questions. I don't want them to be confrontational or anything (unless the situation actually called for it)...but asking the same canned questions (that they already know the answer to) doesn't have value to me. Sure, it makes their jobs easier...but the content suffers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Right...but some people have those turned off. If you look at Holder's twitter page...his ratio of tweets/retweets is very high. Just might be his style.

I think the question was when is Holder gonna break something himself, not just repeat someone else breaking something... 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think the question was when is Holder gonna break something himself, not just repeat someone else breaking something... 

To this tune, am I the only one laughing at the tiff going on back and forth on twitter right now between Holder and Brad Wells?

I don't like Wells at all and he is the most pessimistic beat writer I have ever seen, but it is funny him coming at Holder right now lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

To this tune, am I the only one laughing at the tiff going on back and forth on twitter right now between Holder and Brad Wells?

I don't like Wells at all and he is the most pessimistic beat writer I have ever seen, but it is funny him coming at Holder right now lol

I saw that. Brad Wells is a troll, so I ignore everything having to do with him. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

I saw that. Brad Wells is a troll, so I ignore everything having to do with him. 

Agreed. I just thought it was funny and odd that two guys who probably have worked shoulder to shoulder often would go at it like that. Of course it was Wells starting it. Guy is a clown. lol

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

I don't like Brad Wells either...had some run-ins with him at SB back in the day. But I have no problem with SOME of the things he is saying to Holder.

• Like 1

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I would get no news since every person/org. I follow uses retweets

But they still actually tweet stuff though...so you would get that.

I don't know...my expertise of Twitter doesn't go too far. I just know that you can turn off retweets...so I assumed some people do this.

Just now, shastamasta said:

But they still actually tweet stuff though...so you would get that.

I don't know...my expertise of Twitter doesn't go too far. I just know that you can turn off retweets...so I assumed some people do this.

Not really since that is why I follow sites like NCAA WBB and Cornfield Hoops et. al

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Nah, my bench is 425. Hit 315x16 as a burn out. 

Damn good for a punter though. Dude can bench more than post other positions who you'd think needed to be strong

Impressive. Most ive ever benched is 200, but im a small guy. Just 5 9 180

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

Did you have the attachment thing like Shaquem Griffin? (Serious question, just curious.)

My Dad who was a coach served as my spotter and held my hand on the bar during the BP and Squats Stations and I did sets of Arm Curls while my group did the Clean and Jerk

• Like 1