Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA Agency Day 2 and beyond.

2 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I love Peyton Manning, like I'd probably marry the dude, but let's face it...there were several years that he choked. For as talented as he obviously was, a fair argument can be made that he underachieved in the postseason. I'm not sure what statistics would lend to him being one of the worst ever, but I'm sure you're gonna inform me lol.

If you wanna talk statistics, peyton had 9 picks during our super bowl run and like 9 one and dones in the playoffs. In comparison, Luck has only gone one and done once and that was his rookie year

• Like 1

I guess every coaching staff in history who make lineup decisions based on work ethic and practice are wrong

Here is a wrestling example 

Oklahoma State “benched” one of their All-American Candidates for the Big 12 Championship and NCAA Tournament because he lost a Wrestle-Off

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Dear god I really underestimated the crush the board has on Geathers lmao it's a joke!! dude performs about as good as players signed off the street yearly and yet hes some gem we cant lose this year alrighty then 

I do not necessarily feel that just that Stats are just a tiny piece of the puzzle when it comes to playing time 

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Dear god I really underestimated the crush the board has on Geathers lmao it's a joke!! dude performs about as good as players signed off the street yearly and yet hes some gem we cant lose this year alrighty then 

Why does everyone have a crush just because they disagree with you? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

What makes him so much better?? Have you compared the 2 statistically?

Ok since you're a big stat guy, guess which safety had one of the best QB rating when thrown against? By best I mean QBs burned him.

I think when it's all said and done we will reach an agreement with Clayton and then we will draft another safety.  That safety will be used in the same way Clayton was used when he was drafted.  And then that safety will take over for him in the next season or two.

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Cause its blatant homerism

Why isn't what you're doing extremism of the opposite order?  You're getting these types of responses because that's what youre doing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yes....   and you’ve either looked at  the wrong stats or misinterpreted the stats...

But here's a question....   why is Ballard still trying to re-sign Geathers (at his price) and he let Brice go without a deal.    Ya think maybe Ballard knows something you don’t know?    Or is he a homer too?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Cause its blatant homerism

Meanwhile the Colts have spent the entire FA period trying to resign him.  They haven't really brought in any other SS that are worth anything.  Does that mean the Colts are being silly and homerish about his value also?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes....   and you’ve either looked st the wrong stats or misinterpreted the stats...

But here's a question....   why is Balkard still trying to re-sign Ballard (at his price) and he let Brice go without a deal.    Ya think maybe Ballard knows something you don’t know?

Geathers has more stars and seasons played and yet his stats still arent head and shoulders better than that Brice guys face it both are JAGs 

Geathers has more stars and seasons played and yet his stats still arent head and shoulders better than that Brice guys gave both are JAGs 

If the Colts thought Kentrell Brice was Clayton Geathers then they would have signed him.  It ain't like Brice has room to be picky.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

If the Colts thought Kentrell Brice was Clayton Geathers then they would have signed him.  It ain't like Brice has room to be picky.

I didnt say Brice was better I said geathers isnt much better my whole point is both are JAGs. obviously if we wanna sign a jag we will sign the one familiar with our team over the new guy 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Geathers has more stars and seasons played and yet his stats still arent head and shoulders better than that Brice guys gave both are JAGs 

Ballard didnt draft Geathers.   He had no ties to him other than his play on the field and his leadership off the field.   Ballard would like him back because he’s much better than you think he is.    

For some strange reason you think you know better than Ballard.    You don’t.  Not even close.   Sorry.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard didnt draft Geathers.   He had no ties to him other than his play on the field and his leadership off the field.   Ballard would like him back because he’s much better than you think he is.    

For some strange reason you think you know better than Ballard.    You don’t.  Not even close.   Sorry.

When did I say that? I even just said geathers is better hes just not as much better as you all claim. Both are middle of the pack safties JAGs. On just happens to be less of a JAG than the other.

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I didnt say Brice was better I said geathers isnt much better my whole point is both are JAGs. obviously if we wanna sign a jag we will sign the one familiar with our team over the new guy 

The problem is they dont think Hes a Jag. The Colts dont try to resign Jags. See Donte Moncrief. Ballard thought he was a Jag and he let him go even though hes young.

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

When did I say that? I even just said geathers is better hes just not as much better as you all claim 

You imply it with every post.

You keep saying posters here have a crush on Geathers and that he’s a JAG.   And we keep pointing out that Ballard wants to re-sign him.  Posters have pointed to his position as a captain.  You think JAGS are made captains?  

By the way, ESPN has him in the 60’s of their top-100 Free agents.   Again, not a JAG.

You seem to think you’re the only person here who understands and knows what Clayton Geathers really is.

The rest of us, including Ballard, don’t know the truth.   Only you know.   That’s not a winning argument. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

You imply it with every post.

You keep saying posters here have a crush on Geathers and that he’s a JAG.   And we keep pointing out that Ballard wants to re-sign him.  Posters have pointed to his position as a captain.  You think JAGS are made captains?  

By the way, ESPN has him in the 60’s of their top-100 Free agents.   Again, not a JAG.

You seem to think you’re the only person here who understands and knows what Clayton Geathers really is.

The rest of us, including Ballard don’t kniw the truth.   Only you know.   That’s not a winning argument. 

I also said that if we were signing one or the other you obviously go with the one that's been here for years over the new guy. No matter how you wanna say it geathers is a middle of the pack S that's poor in coverage 

I also said that if we were signing one or the other you obviously go with the one that's been here for years over the new guy. No matter how you wanna say it geathers is a middle of the pack S that's poor in coverage 

And you also compared him with Brice.   Who no one else is doing.   

You tradh him at e Rey opportunity and then when really pressed you fallback on..    he’s a jag.   He’s ok.   He’s middle of the pack.   Etc.

Cant believe Ballard doesn’t have you on speed dial for your evaluations.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

And you also compared him with Brice.   Who no one else is doing.   

You tradh him at e Rey opportunity and then when really pressed you fallback on..    he’s a jag.   He’s ok.   He’s middle of the pack.   Etc.

Cant believe Ballard doesn’t have you on speed dial for your evaluations.

Go see the OG post I said hes not much better than Brice.  That means hes better but sure as hell not by the margin you think or we wouldnt have even brought in brice.

Just now, buccolts said:

With the Colts being so tight lipped, where would Alvaro get such info.

An agent? Wouldn't an agent KNOW the Colts were offering such a deal?

Why do I feel Alvaro is making stuff up?

Can't be sure for certain, but it would be a typical Ballard move

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Can't be sure for certain, but it would be a typical Ballard move

Yeah, and it makes some sense.

I could see it happening, but I'm thinking I could have written that, well, 'cept that I'm not a twitt....er....er.

5 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Have you seen the vitriol with which every single Packers fans talk about him? And not just like the Lions talk about Ebron's missed potential. I don't think any Colts fan has ever said anything as negative about Geathers like I have the Packers talk about Brice.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Solid move for Dallas if they can do it. Quinn still has some juice left.

Dallas is trying to make moves lately despite their limited cap.

Geathers, Cobb, Berry and now Quinn all brought in for visits and consideration. Good on them if any of them result in anything.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

Solid move for Dallas if they can do it. Quinn still has some juice left.

Dallas is trying to make moves lately despite their limited cap.

Geathers, Cobb, Berry and now Quinn all brought in for visits and consideration. Good on them if any of them result in anything.

Good for them.

Jerry said he's not getting any younger and wants a SB asap.

• Like 1

Geathers sucks at pass coverage but is a great "in the box" "run stuffing" safety...and he is often injured due to his style of play. This makes him a situational player not a 3 down safety like Hooker.

This is probably why the negotiations are being drawn out so long, he probably wants starting safety money, Ballard knows he is situational and won't give starting money, also probably wants part of his contract to be bonus for staying healthy.